Roaches: The Headache of Every Florida Homeowner

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Your weapons are toys compared with what the police FBI and the military have.
You have no clue about small arms warfare.

I know that if Lokmeer is determined to overthrow his government it won't be just the country sherif & his deputywho'll show up at his door. More like a team of heavily armed police. 1 against many...Guess who's gonna win? But Lokmeer uses fuzzy math so who knows what's goin on in his insecure liddle noggin.
Dipshit, during a civil war, my LEO friends will be picking me up to fight ALONG SIDE them!

If you wrote shit like you do in many (most) countries, the police would show up your door throw you in prison. And not for a few days but like 10 years +. Quite possibly no one would hear from you again.

The United States is about the only nation I know of that allows its citizens to express themselves like idiots & actually get away with it.

You're lucky that your own country tolerates your own stupidity & manages to protect others against it.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Your weapons are toys compared with what the police FBI and the military have.
You have no clue about small arms warfare.

I know that if Lokmeer is determined to overthrow his government it won't be just the country sherif & his deputywho'll show up at his door. More like a team of heavily armed police. 1 against many...Guess who's gonna win? But Lokmeer uses fuzzy math so who knows what's goin on in his insecure liddle noggin.
Dipshit, during a civil war, my LEO friends will be picking me up to fight ALONG SIDE them!

If you wrote shit like you do in many (most) countries, the police would show up your door throw you in prison. And not for a few days but like 10 years +. Quite possibly no one would hear from you again.

The United States is about the only nation I know of that allows its citizens to express themselves like idiots & actually get away with it.

You're lucky that your own country tolerates your own stupidity & manages to protect others against it.
Yes josephine, I know America is better than all other countries. Any country that disarms its citizens is shit.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

Shithole countries. The kind you should be shipped off to.

You express yourself like an idiot all the time Joe.

Not like you have a choice.

Idiot is as idiot does.

Not lucky. He inherited the country from his ancestors who fought for their rights. Countries with a bunch of pussies like you are the countries that walk all over their citizens.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Idiot is as idiot does.

Not lucky. He inherited the country from his ancestors who fought for their rights. Countries with a bunch of pussies like you are the countries that walk all over their citizens.

But Lokmar is still too dumb to fully comprehend & understand the responsibility that comes with freedom.

It's not a disposible toy ffs.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
If the roach is solitary, I give it a pass. It’s when they are in massive numbers and visibly shit everywhere, do I play God and kill ‘em all. My cats help whack ‘em too.

images

Cats are awesome. We dont have any roaches in here. We do get these disgusting stink bugs....but my cats get those too.

And these black fuckers with red stripes on their backs.

Fish flies used to be bad here in MI but I havent seen them in years.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Idiot is as idiot does.

But Lokmar is still too dumb to fully comprehend & understand the responsibility that comes with freedom.

It's not a toy ffs.
josephine, you're too dumb to realize how much of a disadvantage you're in by being disarmed. Then again, you probably wouldnt handle a gun very well.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Hey josephine, I've put off cleaning these Colt Revolvers for a few weeks now. Since we're talking about guns, I thought I'd take the opportunity to clean em both while we chat.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Hey josephine, I've put off cleaning these Colt Revolvers for a few weeks now. Since we're talking about guns, I thought I'd take the opportunity to clean em both while we chat.

So?

When the time comes your attacker will kill you before you have a chance to reach for yours.

I'd give you 5 perhaps just a few seconds in a gun duel before you are shot dead by your assailant.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Well josephine, I started out with the Anaconda. Its the highest caliber handgun I own. 44Mangum. Could blow my head clean off if there's a mishap! But I got lucky this time.....next time? Who knows? Anything could happen!!!

Anywho, my baby is all cleaned up, oiled down, barrel's been scrubbed and patched, ready for another outing.

NEXT UP! Its little brother, The Python!!!!!!!

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

So?

When the time comes your attacker will kill you before you have a chance to reach for yours.

I'd give you 5 perhaps just a few seconds in a gun duel before you are shot dead by your assailant.
Well its a damned good thing the children know how to shoot ALL my weapons then aint it!

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Sorry for the long wait, josephine! This Python was getting some copper build up in the bore so I had to use C-10 on it. Nasty stuff! Its all cleaned and polished and the bore has been patched just like the big ol Anaconda!

The Python is "only" a 357 Magnum but dont be fooled josephine! Its quite deadly!!! Police used to call the 357 Magnum "the heart exploder" because of the devistating effect it has on heart tissue. Sure, its not gonna blow your head off like the 44 Magnum but having half a head wont do anybody any good!

Thankfully, I've lived to tell another tale about cleaning some of my most dangerous weapons. Stay tuned for next time!!!!

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
josephine, in a SHTF situation, you'll be better off taking an OD of sleeping pills. In fact, I'm thinking EVERYONE would be better off!

If SHTF as you suggest ya'd be better off preparing yourself against those who'd be trying to kill you & steal your food or your belongings Lokmeer. Your enemy wouldn't be government, poluce or troops but desperate hungry people in search of food & a place to sleep.

Against a SWAT Team I don't think ya'd stand much of a chance but at the same time they wouldn't be your enemy since an absence of law and order would mean they wouldn't around to protect you. Being well stocked with food and guarding those supplies would probably be your main concern and people trying to kill you for it.

I spoke to a guy from Mexico & people would try to steal from him or perhaps kill or harm his family. So it wasn't the government which was after him it was common peasants and the starving masses.

Subsequently he had to arm himself with a shotgun and barricade his home with steel bars which he showed me photos of. His immediate family couldn't even leave the door open or step out into the daylight without being robbed or assaulted.

But his enemy was not the government or law enforcement which he probably wished were around to protect him. It was the local population of impoverished Mexicans.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
I’m rural, but was wondering if any of you had come across wood roaches? They are super clean, and as their name suggests, feed off decaying wood and plant matter. They generally won’t enter into houses. Good source of protein for those with lizards.

images

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I’m rural, but was wondering if any of you had come across wood roaches? They are super clean, and as their name suggests, feed off decaying wood and plant matter. They generally won’t enter into houses. Good source of protein for those with lizards.

images

Those are called rolly pollys :D

And yes we have those here.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
josephine, in a SHTF situation, you'll be better off taking an OD of sleeping pills. In fact, I'm thinking EVERYONE would be better off!

If SHTF as you suggest ya'd be better off preparing yourself against those who'd be trying to kill you & steal your food or your belongings Lokmeer. Your enemy wouldn't be government, poluce or troops but desperate hungry people in search of food & a place to sleep.

Against a SWAT Team I don't think ya'd stand much of a chance but at the same time they wouldn't be your enemy since an absence of law and order would mean they wouldn't around to protect you. Being well stocked with food and guarding those supplies would probably be your main concern and people trying to kill you for it.

I spoke to a guy from Mexico & people would try to steal from him or perhaps kill or harm his family. So it wasn't the government which was after him it was common peasants and the starving masses.

Subsequently he had to arm himself with a shotgun and barricade his home with steel bars which he showed me photos of. His immediate family couldn't even leave the door open or step out into the daylight without being robbed or assaulted.

But his enemy was not the government or law enforcement which he probably wished were around to protect him. It was the local population of impoverished Mexicans.
Point is, josephine, revolutions arent ever 1 guy baracaded in his home. Its GROUPS of organized and armed individuals that seize power and execute tyrants.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Anyways this Mexican guy told me that even tho he barricaded his home with steel bars thieves still managed to break in thru the roof. But he kept a gun under the bed and shot at them as they were breaking in. Again his problems weren't the police or government but the local people.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

images

Are you sure? You’re not thinking of slaters are you, a terrestrial crustacean?

images

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

images
Just about any woodpile I've had gets those in em. They also hang out in cardboard if its left outside.

What we call "rolly pollys" around here are smaller, and grey. They roll up in a ball when threatened. Also called pill bugs by some.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Anyways this Mexican guy told me that even tho he barricaded his home with steel bars thieves still managed to break in thru the roof. But he kept a gun under the bed and shot at them as they were breaking in. Again his problems weren't the police but the local people.
Sadly, Mexicans can only own a very limited amount of ammo. Not like the 10,000+ rounds I have. Actually, that number is probably way low. I think I have 3000 rounds in just 223/556.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

images
Just about any woodpile I've had gets those in em. They also hang out in cardboard if its left outside.

What we call "rolly pollys" around here are smaller, and grey. They roll up in a ball when threatened. Also called pill bugs by some.
Pill bugs and slaters can roll into a ball. Above is a wood roach. Here’s a cousin of what you guys call rolly pollys, the marine Isopod.

images

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

images

Pill bugs and slaters can roll into a ball. Above is a wood roach. Here’s a cousin of what you guys call rolly pollys, the marine Isopod.

images

That's why it's better to live in a colder climate. Kills critters like that so they never reach that size. Winter is actually a good pest control mechanism.

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

The Flying Fickle Finger Of Fate.
Site Supporter ☠️
After reading this whole thread, I feel fortunate to have survived my tour of duty at NAS JAX....although at times it was kind of hard to tell, but I'm still alive and well; mostly unscathed from cockroach kooties.

Change my mind.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

images

Are you sure? You’re not thinking of slaters are you, a terrestrial crustacean?

images

Yep! That's what I was thinking of. They curl into a tiny ball if you mess with them.