So, what's going to happen to the housing market now?

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
A $60 Billion Housing Grab by Wall Street
Hundreds of thousands of single-family homes are now in the hands of giant companies — squeezing renters for revenue and putting the American dream even further out of reach.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Investment is good especially since the larger companies have the cash to rehab these houses and update them.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
25-CF1-BAB-1962-4-EF0-B8-D8-31363-AD022-B1.jpg

Looking at this dump. A fixer. SandwichEd between Sonoma and El Verano. It’s built of concrete block. Just like Mexico. Daughter is gonna have a look tomorrow. Will go for more than the listed price. In a awesome area. As for the rest of this thread. Cash is king.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Investment is good especially since the larger companies have the cash to rehab these houses and update them.

Yay! Millions more will be homeless, but great investment opportunities, so who cares?

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
You truly are stupid, aren't you? Obviously the houses will be rented to someone. If there is not enough supply then build more. One thing is for damn sure and that is anyone complaining about high housing prices who votes for democrats is a fucking retard. Guess who always blocks any and all new development?

Back on topic. Yes, investors buying up run down and poorly maintained properties, rehabbing them so that they are good, clean, modernized housing available for rent on the open market is a very good thing. Outside of a few major cities there is tons of deteriorated housing stock in need of new roofs, insulation, new energy efficient windows, remodeling, and even just fresh coats of paint and TLC.

Last edited:

RAVEN

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Looking at this dump. A fixer. SandwichEd between Sonoma and El Verano. It’s built of concrete block. Just like Mexico. Daughter is gonna have a look tomorrow. Will go for more than the listed price. In a awesome area. As for the rest of this thread. Cash is king.
How much doesn't something like that sell for where you live, SeaMajor?? Just curious?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
My mother bought a 1985 mobile home for 4k out of desperation when her apartment burned.

And she was gonna just live in it as is. She has a host of medical and mental health issues

I've agreed to take over for her because she cant manage herself. So we have this mobile home.

So what I'm going to do is buy some land very close to here, plop this mobile home on that land and totally renovate it and add on to it. Still looking for land but I've started replacing things and doing some work and getting quotes.

I've decided to do this because we already have it, and the debt free part really sells it. I'm pretty excited about the whole thing. I really do not want to rent and I'm not too thrilled about 30 fucking years of debt slavery. So this is perfect.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
It’s sad for some. No doubt. Opportunity for others.

It's a horrible mess that is going to cause misery for millions. This is going to create a bigger disaster -- worse than the 2008 mess. Sure, some will make money off of it, but I would rather the economy improve for everyone than have some people making bank off of others' misery. It doesn't have to work this way. It's criminal.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

It looks like a carport on the left side? Well, it might be a fixer upper dump but it is still in the bay area so it will probably go for something like $800,000. I am assuming it is a 2 bed 1 bath on a tiny lot?

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
You truly are stupid, aren't you? Obviously the houses will be rented to someone. If there is not enough supply then build more. One thing is for damn sure and that is anyone complaining about high housing prices who votes for democrats is a fucking retard. Guess who always blocks any and all new development?

Back on topic. Yes, investors buying up run down and poorly maintained properties, rehabbing them so that they are good, clean, modernized housing available for rent on the open market is a very good thing. Outside of a few major cities there is tons of deteriorated housing stock in need of new roofs, insulation, new energy efficient windows, remodeling, and even just fresh coats of paint and TLC.

@Bastard Factory, aka Free Speech Hypocrite: Political post alert ^^^^^^

giphy.gif

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

It's a horrible mess that is going to cause misery for millions. This is going to create a bigger disaster -- worse than the 2008 mess. Sure, some will make money off of it, but I would rather the economy improve for everyone than have some people making bank off of others' misery. It doesn't have to work this way. It's criminal.

There are a lot of programs for people to be able to buy.

In my area closer to the towns there are a bunch of old houses selling for under 80k. I looked at a few, because I really want to renovate my own.

I decided to keep this tin can though because I dont wanna live by the town. I want chickens.

I just bought a wood burning stove I wanna install in this once I get the walls replaced and the ceiling/floor done. I'm doing the whole damn thing. It will be very green, as well.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

In my area closer to the towns there are a bunch of old houses selling for under 80k. I looked at a few, because I really want to renovate my own.

I decided to keep this tin can though because I dont wanna live by the town. I want chickens.

There are going to be millions of families with no place to go.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

How much doesn't something like that sell for where you live, SeaMajor?? Just curious?

$25,000

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

$25,000

I thought you were talking about Sonoma County, CA near El Verano?

Edit: Yeah, looking at the trees that is definitely northern CA and not Costa Rica.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

There are no families in these homes now.

They are dirt cheap, but an impoverished family isnt going to be able to bring one of these properties to code or be able to do improvements.

I'm in this 1985 mobile home. And all in the same week, the water heater, plumbing and furnace all shit. It was like dominos. It costs 1700 for the water heater, 504 for the plumping(just the kitchen, and just getting it usable) and I'm about to spend 3409 on the furnace. I'm actually looking at ductless(not sure exactly what it is yet).

Do you think an impoverished family would be able to handle that once they got into the door?

I know there are programs like HUD houses and Habitat that will help families under a certain income line.

I do agree that investors swooping onto to all the affordable housing before a poor family can even see it sucks. I'm just saying we have programs and options. These houses are not exactly livable yet.....unless you are a pioneer like me who doesnt mind gutting a house I'm living in lol.

And if we dont tax the fuck out of landlords they wont raise rents.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

$25,000

I thought you were talking about Sonoma County, CA near El Verano?

Yes. Both Sonoma and El Verano are in Sonoma County. El Verano is an unincorporated area

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

They are dirt cheap, but an impoverished family isnt going to be able to bring one of these properties to code or be able to do improvements.

I'm in this 1985 mobile home. And all in the same week, the water heater, plumbing and furnace all shit. It was like dominos. It costs 1700 for the water heater, 504 for the plumping(just the kitchen, and just getting it usable) and I'm about to spend 3409 on the furnace. I'm actually looking at ductless(not sure exactly what it is yet).

Do you think an impoverished family would be able to handle that once they got into the door?

I know there are programs like HUD houses and Habitat that will help families under a certain income line.

I do agree that investors swooping onto to all the affordable housing before a poor family can even see it sucks. I'm just saying we have programs and options.

Well.....Trump would. Sorry couldn’t help it

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

It looks like a carport on the left side? Well, it might be a fixer upper dump but it is still in the bay area so it will probably go for something like $800,000. I am assuming it is a 2 bed 1 bath on a tiny lot?

Here's my prediction. Nobody is going to pay 800k for it once this economic crisis is in full swing. If it plays out anything like the 2008 one, it's going to be much worse.

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter

It's astonishing to watch democrats complain about conditions that exist chronically and primarily in democrat controlled areas of the country.

And us conservatives just sit back and fucking laugh them

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

I do agree that investors swooping onto to all the affordable housing before a poor family can even see it sucks. I'm just saying we have programs and options.

Well.....Trump would. Sorry couldn’t help it

Trump would what? Invest in property?

It's not investors that are a problem nessesarily. Someone has to buy and flip them.

You see the price is low because they need work. And if they dont get bought and worked on, they will keep rotting away and then it's just a waste.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

It's astonishing to watch democrats complain about conditions that exist chronically and primarily in democrat controlled areas of the country.

Hey, News Flash, Dumbass: I'm not a Democrat.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Here's my prediction. Nobody is going to pay 800k for it once this economic crisis is in full swing. If it plays out anything like the 2008 one, it's going to be much worse.

Id agree, but N. Cal seems to be immune. Construction is on fire too, especially in the Bay Area.

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter

You support people that run as part of the democratic party, shill.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

You support people that run as part of the democratic party, shill.

I'm not a Democrat, Lame Brain. I support anyone who has a platform I agree with, which is rare. I'd vote for a Con if I agreed with her/his platform. Would that make me a Con. Stupid low IQ fuckbuckle.