So, what's going to happen to the housing market now?

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Actually, I think I over estimated the price.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

They've owned it for less than a year and jacked up the price almost 300k. Flippers are evil.

They can be. People see a way to get a large profit or get something free can really screw over those struggling.

It's like those suburban bitches who were hitting up food banks or coat drives. I've seen this and its gross.

I cannot even imagine having more than enough and taking anything like that.

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
You truly are stupid, aren't you? Obviously the houses will be rented to someone. If there is not enough supply then build more. One thing is for damn sure and that is anyone complaining about high housing prices who votes for democrats is a fucking retard. Guess who always blocks any and all new development?

Back on topic. Yes, investors buying up run down and poorly maintained properties, rehabbing them so that they are good, clean, modernized housing available for rent on the open market is a very good thing. Outside of a few major cities there is tons of deteriorated housing stock in need of new roofs, insulation, new energy efficient windows, remodeling, and even just fresh coats of paint and TLC.
It's astonishing to watch democrats complain about conditions that exist chronically and primarily in democrat controlled areas of the country.

And us conservatives just sit back and fucking laugh them

Hey, News Flash, Dumbass: I'm not a Democrat.
You support people that run as part of the democratic party, shill.

I'm not a Democrat, Lame Brain. I support anyone who has a platform I agree with, which is rare. I'd vote for a Con if I agreed with her/his platform. Would that make me a Con. Stupid low IQ fuckbuckle.
You'd never vote for anyone who believes in liberty. Who the fuck you think you're kidding here, shill?

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

They've owned it for less than a year and jacked up the price almost 300k. Flippers are evil.

The guy probably put in $200,000 in improvements, you economically illiterate know nothing. Some day I hope you actually get enough money to attempt a flip so then you can learn how much is actually involved. Also, that it took him a whole year to complete the remodel is actually pretty bad because that is probably something like $36,000 just in carrying costs on the property plus something like $6000 in property taxes paid so he his carrying costs for one year are around $42,000. I'd be very surprised if he could rehab that place for under $75,000 where as most would spend at least $150,000 if not more.

It is clear you don't understand the economics of any of this or you wouldn't be so foolish as to call someone rehabbing distressed property "evil". They are risking big money, paying big carrying costs, and risking their credit history all while hoping to make a profit while improving their communities.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

A business I still participate in. Sorry. Didn’t you see this coming 4 years ago?

I've seen it coming for longer. It's what has made the USA unlivable. It's fucked up.
California is Unlivable. So are many other democrat controlled areas of the country like NY and NJ

Places like Texas, Tennessee and Florida are doing just fine

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
25-CF1-BAB-1962-4-EF0-B8-D8-31363-AD022-B1.jpg

Looking at this dump. A fixer. SandwichEd between Sonoma and El Verano. It’s built of concrete block. Just like Mexico. Daughter is gonna have a look tomorrow. Will go for more than the listed price. In a awesome area. As for the rest of this thread. Cash is king.

It looks like a carport on the left side? Well, it might be a fixer upper dump but it is still in the bay area so it will probably go for something like $800,000. I am assuming it is a 2 bed 1 bath on a tiny lot?

Here's my prediction. Nobody is going to pay 800k for it once this economic crisis is in full swing. If it plays out anything like the 2008 one, it's going to be much worse.

I doubt there will be much if any dip in prices for the bay area. Housing supply is just that limited.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

A business I still participate in. Sorry. Didn’t you see this coming 4 years ago?

I've seen it coming for longer. It's what has made the USA unlivable. It's fucked up.
California is Unlivable. So are many other democrat controlled areas of the country like NY and NJ

Three states I'd never want to live in.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

The guy probably put in $200,000 in improvements, you economically illiterate know nothing. Some day I hope you actually get enough money to attempt a flip so then you can learn how much is actually involved. Also, that it took him a whole year to complete the remodel is actually pretty bad because that is probably something like $36,000 just in carrying costs on the property plus something like $6000 in property taxes paid so he his carrying costs for one year are around $42,000. I'd be very surprised if he could rehab that place for under $75,000 where as most would spend at least $150,000 if not more.

It is clear you don't understand the economics of any of this or you wouldn't be so foolish as to call someone rehabbing distressed property "evil". They are risking big money, paying big carrying costs, and risking their credit history all while hoping to make a profit while improving their communities.

Both of you are right.

Believe me there are people who will buy a dirt cheap house that need improvements and they get it up to code real cheap through personal connection. You can really do a nice reno for little if you are resourceful and know people.

So it does happen where people just gouge.

But generally you are right, they are just trying to get a little out of their investment.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

Ask her if she sold her Cali based property far below market value to a low income family out of the kindness of her heart before taking her cash and moving to a 2nd world shithole

You'll get fucking silence or the run around then

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Looking at this dump. A fixer. SandwichEd between Sonoma and El Verano. It’s built of concrete block. Just like Mexico. Daughter is gonna have a look tomorrow. Will go for more than the listed price. In a awesome area. As for the rest of this thread. Cash is king.

It looks like a carport on the left side? Well, it might be a fixer upper dump but it is still in the bay area so it will probably go for something like $800,000. I am assuming it is a 2 bed 1 bath on a tiny lot?

Here's my prediction. Nobody is going to pay 800k for it once this economic crisis is in full swing. If it plays out anything like the 2008 one, it's going to be much worse.

I doubt there will be much if any dip in prices for the bay area. Housing supply is just that limited.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Californians are leaving California in droves. They are moving to Montana, Nevada, Oregon, overseas -- all over the place. It's not going to be the same state when Covid finally goes bye bye. Millions of people who work remotely in California can now live anywhere. There will be nothing but the uber rich and the penniless working class left there, is my prediction.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

YEah, people with morals that believe in hard work wouldn't like a communist shill like you either.

Stay where you are and whine about shitholes like cali being unlivable

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

I was gonna say this lol.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Californians are leaving California in droves. They are moving to Montana, Nevada, Oregon, overseas -- all over the place. It's not going to be the same state when Covid finally goes bye bye. Millions of people who work remotely in California can now live anywhere. There will be nothing but the uber rich and the penniless working class left there, is my prediction.
Thanks to the democrat shitbags you support it will become a wasteland. No doubt

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Why though?

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Both of you are right.

Believe me there are people who will buy a dirt cheap house that needs improvements and they get it up to code real cheap through personal connection. You can really do a nice reno for little if you are resourceful and know people.

But generally you are right, they are just trying to get a little out of their investment.

There are way too many gougers in real estate. It's why the country's such a damn mess. I don't mind when people do it fairly, but they have driven real estate in California through the damn roof. They've turned it into a state for the 1% and the poverty stricken. In SoCal, 2 million bucks for what would probably cost 150k where you live. It's despicable.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Why though?

Because I enjoy art, culture, academia, and intelligent friends. I also find Texas to be really depressingly ugly.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

Both of you are right.

Believe me there are people who will buy a dirt cheap house that needs improvements and they get it up to code real cheap through personal connection. You can really do a nice reno for little if you are resourceful and know people.

There are way too many gougers in real estate. It's why the country's such a damn mess. I don't mind when people do it fairly, but they have driven real estate in California through the damn roof. They've turned it into a state for the 1% and the poverty stricken. In SoCal, 2 million bucks for what would probably cost 150k where you live. It's despicable.
Again, when you sold your property in Cali prior to leaving to Portugal how far below going market value did you sell?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Both of you are right.

Parts of my state are like that. Rent gets insanely high as well.

When I rented my first apartment, it was an adorable 2 bed 1 bath upper level....an old historic house. I had a cool single dad living under me named Walt, he let me use his washer and dryer lol.

I was off Main street in Rochester Michigan.....my rent was 725.

Rochester, Michigan today? Oh man. Dont even look unless you have serious money lol. That same apartment is now 1700 a month. I saw it went up for rent again when I was in downtown with my kids and I called and asked out of curiosity. Its crazy!

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

Why though?

Because I enjoy art, culture, academia, and intelligent friends. I also find Texas to be really depressingly ugly.

Here's your fucking art and culture and oh so pretty is is

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Both of you are right.

When I rented my first apartment, it was an adorable 2 bed 1 bath upper level....an old historic house. I had a cool single dad living under me named Walt, he let me use his washer and dryer lol.

Rochester, Michigan today? Oh man. Dont even look unless you have serious money lol. That same apartment is now 1700 a month.

Shitty 2 BD apartments are 2500 and up in Los Angeles. Nice ones can go up to 5 - 6,000. A house like the one in the link above would be over 2 million, depending on the neighborhood, even up to four million.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Why though?

You can find art and culture everywhere, Lotus. It's a different "flavor" everywhere you go.

Some parts of TX are beautiful.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Why though?

Yeah. A homeless area. Cause: skyrocketing real estate and ridiculously low wages.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

Both of you are right.

Rochester, Michigan today? Oh man. Dont even look unless you have serious money lol. That same apartment is now 1700 a month.

Shitty 2 BD apartments are 2500 and up in Los Angeles. Nice ones can go up to 5 - 6,000. A house like the one in the link above would be over 2 million, depending on the neighborhood, even up to four million.
pay those kinds of prices to live in a smog covered shithole with liberal scum all around me?

I'd rather shoot myself in the face

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Why though?

You can find art and culture everywhere, Lotus. It's a different "flavor" everywhere you go.

Some parts of TX are beautiful.

Dovey, I've been all over the country. I know what I want. I like where I am -- a lot.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Both of you are right.

Awful. All the rich people will be stepping over the homeless on their way back to their shitty 2 bedroom

Sad.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

Why though?

Yeah. A homeless area. Cause: skyrocketing real estate and ridiculously low wages.
In a state controlled by liberals for decades

hello?

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Taking shitty broken down houses and investing in them so that they are safe, clean, and modern housing that people actually want to buy is "ruining America"?

Every post you make shows how stupid you are.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Both of you are right.

Awful. All the rich people will be stepping over the homeless on their way back to their shitty 2 bedroom

Sad.

Well, yes. They're already doing that. And complaining bitterly about the homeless, without ever once trying to find solutions.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Why though?

In a state controlled by liberals for decades

hello?

Yeah. I'm not a Democrat. Hello?