So, what's going to happen to the housing market now?

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Actually, I think I over estimated the price.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

They've owned it for less than a year and jacked up the price almost 300k. Flippers are evil.

The guy probably put in $200,000 in improvements, you economically illiterate know nothing. Some day I hope you actually get enough money to attempt a flip so then you can learn how much is actually involved. Also, that it took him a whole year to complete the remodel is actually pretty bad because that is probably something like $36,000 just in carrying costs on the property plus something like $6000 in property taxes paid so he his carrying costs for one year are around $42,000. I'd be very surprised if he could rehab that place for under $75,000 where as most would spend at least $150,000 if not more.

It is clear you don't understand the economics of any of this or you wouldn't be so foolish as to call someone rehabbing distressed property "evil". They are risking big money, paying big carrying costs, and risking their credit history all while hoping to make a profit while improving their communities.

Both of you are right.

Believe me there are people who will buy a dirt cheap house that needs improvements and they get it up to code real cheap through personal connection. You can really do a nice reno for little if you are resourceful and know people.

So it does happen where people just gouge.

But generally you are right, they are just trying to get a little out of their investment.

There are way too many gougers in real estate. It's why the country's such a damn mess. I don't mind when people do it fairly, but they have driven real estate in California through the damn roof. They've turned it into a state for the 1% and the poverty stricken. In SoCal, 2 million bucks for what would probably cost 150k where you live. It's despicable.

Parts of my state are like that. Rent gets insanely high as well.

When I rented my first apartment, it was an adorable 2 bed 1 bath upper level....an old historic house. I had a cool single dad living under me named Walt, he let me use his washer and dryer lol.

I was off Main street in Rochester Michigan.....my rent was 725.

Rochester, Michigan today? Oh man. Dont even look unless you have serious money lol. That same apartment is now 1700 a month.

Shitty 2 BD apartments are 2500 and up in Los Angeles. Nice ones can go up to 5 - 6,000. A house like the one in the link above would be over 2 million, depending on the neighborhood, even up to four million.

Who sets the zoning laws to artificially restrict supply by capping density? Hint: The same dumb asses you vote for.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

They've owned it for less than a year and jacked up the price almost 300k. Flippers are evil.

A business I still participate in. Sorry. Didn’t you see this coming 4 years ago?

I've seen it coming for longer. It's what has made the USA unlivable. It's fucked up.

Taking shitty broken down houses and investing in them so that they are safe, clean, and modern housing that people actually want to buy is "ruining America"?

Every post you make shows how stupid you are.

Yes, that's exactly what I said, isn't it?

Liar.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

The guy probably put in $200,000 in improvements, you economically illiterate know nothing. Some day I hope you actually get enough money to attempt a flip so then you can learn how much is actually involved. Also, that it took him a whole year to complete the remodel is actually pretty bad because that is probably something like $36,000 just in carrying costs on the property plus something like $6000 in property taxes paid so he his carrying costs for one year are around $42,000. I'd be very surprised if he could rehab that place for under $75,000 where as most would spend at least $150,000 if not more.

It is clear you don't understand the economics of any of this or you wouldn't be so foolish as to call someone rehabbing distressed property "evil". They are risking big money, paying big carrying costs, and risking their credit history all while hoping to make a profit while improving their communities.

Both of you are right.

Believe me there are people who will buy a dirt cheap house that needs improvements and they get it up to code real cheap through personal connection. You can really do a nice reno for little if you are resourceful and know people.

But generally you are right, they are just trying to get a little out of their investment.

There are way too many gougers in real estate. It's why the country's such a damn mess. I don't mind when people do it fairly, but they have driven real estate in California through the damn roof. They've turned it into a state for the 1% and the poverty stricken. In SoCal, 2 million bucks for what would probably cost 150k where you live. It's despicable.

When I rented my first apartment, it was an adorable 2 bed 1 bath upper level....an old historic house. I had a cool single dad living under me named Walt, he let me use his washer and dryer lol.

Rochester, Michigan today? Oh man. Dont even look unless you have serious money lol. That same apartment is now 1700 a month.

Shitty 2 BD apartments are 2500 and up in Los Angeles. Nice ones can go up to 5 - 6,000. A house like the one in the link above would be over 2 million, depending on the neighborhood, even up to four million.

Who sets the zoning laws to artificially restrict supply by capping density? Hint: The same dumb asses you vote for.

Who did I vote for?

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter

Both of you are right.

Awful. All the rich people will be stepping over the homeless on their way back to their shitty 2 bedroom

Sad.

Well, yes. They're already doing that. And complaining bitterly about the homeless, without ever once trying to find solutions.
of course they're complaining. they're paying the highest gas & state income tax prices in the nation and conditions are only getting worse.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

A business I still participate in. Sorry. Didn’t you see this coming 4 years ago?

I've seen it coming for longer. It's what has made the USA unlivable. It's fucked up.
California is Unlivable. So are many other democrat controlled areas of the country like NY and NJ

Places like Texas, Tennessee and Florida are doing just fine

Three states I'd never want to live in.

Why though?

Because I enjoy art, culture, academia, and intelligent friends. I also find Texas to be really depressingly ugly.

Here's your fucking art and culture and oh so pretty is is

Yeah. A homeless area. Cause: skyrocketing real estate and ridiculously low wages.
In a state controlled by liberals for decades

hello?

Yeah. I'm not a Democrat. Hello?
You support their policies. Hello?

Never once saw you start a thread complaining about Pelosi, Waters, Newsom or Harris

All of which are directly responsible for the conditions you are complaining about

but you'll start 20K threads whinning about trump tho

Trying to play both sides of the coin wont work with me, shill

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

California is Unlivable. So are many other democrat controlled areas of the country like NY and NJ

Not true. At the same time Texas, Tennessee FloriDUH aren’t my cup of tea. Cheap usually remains cheap. Being and staying connected, via realtors, contractors neighbors, and having the cash widens your possibilities

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Why though?

Because I enjoy art, culture, academia, and intelligent friends. I also find Texas to be really depressingly ugly.

Yeah. A homeless area. Cause: skyrocketing real estate and ridiculously low wages.

hello?

This thread just became boring. See ya

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Guys you miss the mark when you call her a democrat or DNC apologist. Shes not down with that neoliberalism.

Shes a Sanders progg.....probably likes AOC. Shes a different flavor leftist.

She hates the DNC and democrat politicains. She knows they are bags of shit. But a lot of Bernies base either swung Trumps way or went with green party vote. They still think all the right is worse than the DNC. Some of them saw the Trump reformation and some missed it entirely.

You gotta get her politics right to challenge her.....shes no democrat. And at this point, Shes not nearly as carcinogenic to the country as the dems are now.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

Why though?

hello?

This thread just became boring. See ya
Yeah go back to raping kids.

Intelligent people are trying to have a conversation with LotusBlubber

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Why though?

hello?

Yeah. I'm not a Democrat. Hello?
You support their policies. Hello?

Never once saw you start a thread complaining about Pelosi, Waters, Newsom or Harris

All of which are directly responsible for the conditions you are complaining about

but you'll start 20K threads whinning about trump tho

Trying to play both sides of the coin wont work with me, shill

It's because they(the proggresives) still believe the Republicans are worse than the democrats.

Some came around and see how much worse the whole DNC really is. I have a lot confidence Lotus will see it, too....now that it's all dem controlled.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
Guys you miss the mark when you call her a democrat or DNC apologist. Shes not down with that neoliberalism.

She hates the DNC and democrat politicains. She knows they are bags of shit. But a lot of Bernies base either swung Trumps way or went with green party vote. They still think all the right is worse than the DNC. Some of them saw the Trump reformation and some missed it entirely.

You gotta get her politics right to challenge her.....shes no democrat. And at this point, Shes not nearly as carcinogenic to the country as the dems are now.
If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck it is a duck as far as I'm concerned

I haven't the time or the patience to place the liberal scum I see into the little compartments of their choosing.

Just like I ain't got the time to honor all these ridiculous gender pronouns these idiots are coming up with. They're either a male or a female as far as I'm concerned and they can get fucked thinking I'll be arsed to devote 2 seconds worth of my time to their mentally ill delusions

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

Ask her if she sold her Cali based property far below market value to a low income family out of the kindness of her heart before taking her cash and moving to a 2nd world shithole

You'll get fucking silence or the run around then
Notice all how our dear Pontificating Lotus conveniently avoided this post?

tells you everything you need to know

rules good for Thee, not for me.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Ask her if she sold her Cali based property far below market value to a low income family out of the kindness of her heart before taking her cash and moving to a 2nd world shithole

If she did do that, she would be hurting them unless she kept paying the taxes and insurance.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck it is a duck as far as I'm concerned

I haven't the time or the patience to place the liberal scum I see into the little compartments of their choosing.

Just like I ain't got the time to honor all these ridiculous gender pronouns these idiots are coming up with. They're either a male or a female as far as I'm concerned and they can get fucked thinking I'll be arsed to devote 2 seconds worth of my time to their mentally ill delusions

Those democrats treat the progressives like absolute shit as well.

It really should be we get rid of the dems and just war with the progs.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Both of you are right.

Since last May the house I own and live in has gone up $164,000. We still have four more months until it is a complete year too. :b:

I expect similar percentage appreciation on the three rental houses my sister and I co-own. I am hoping for a crash because I want to buy more units.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

If she did do that, she would be hurting them unless she kept paying the taxes and insurance.
No. Not at all because I'd guarantee you that low income family would immediately flip that property and scope up the variance between her benevolent sale price and existing market value

But this is all moot, because our dear lotus doesn't actually believe any of the bullshit she espouses here, it;s all empty words and regurgitated bullshit with these liberal rats

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

No. Not at all because I'd guarantee you that low income family would immediately flip that property and scope up the variance between her benevolent sale price and existing market value

But this is all moot, because our dear lotus doesn't actually believe any of the bullshit she espouses here, it;s all empty words and regurgitated bullshit with these liberal rats

That's a good point.

I didnt even think of that.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Both of you are right.

Awful. All the rich people will be stepping over the homeless on their way back to their shitty 2 bedroom

Sad.

Well, yes. They're already doing that. And complaining bitterly about the homeless, without ever once trying to find solutions.

They are all voting for policies that drive exactly that.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

That's a good point.

You know what makes socialism so sexy to mentally under-performing simpletons like Lotus? The fact that it is morally the right way for a society to exist provided it is under the guidance, protection and administration of a higher incorruptible power such as the Almighty.

A true Utopian socialist society IS what the Garden of Eden would have evolved into had Adam and Eve not sinned against the creator. Difference is: that creator would have supplied all our needs and wants and greed wouldn't even be an afterthought among us.

The idea of socialism is imprinted into our DNA from the moment of creation, which is why it is so naturally appealing.

Problem is: We are not under the guidance, protection and administration of the Almighty and therefor, us, trying to implement a form of leadership only HE can provide will always be a disaster.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

That's a good point.

You know what makes socialism so sexy to mentally under-performing simpletons like Lotus? The fact that it is morally the right way for a society to exist provided it is under the guidance, protection and administration of a higher incorruptible power such as the Almighty.

A true Utopian socialist society IS what the Garden of Eden would have evolved into had Adam and Eve not sinned against the creator. Difference is: that creator would have supplied all our needs and wants and greed wouldn't even be an afterthought among us.

The idea of socialism is imprinted into our DNA from the moment of creation, which is why it is so naturally appealing.

Problem is: We are not under the guidance, protection and administration of the Almighty and therefor, us, trying to implement a form of leadership only HE can provide will always be a disaster.

This is exactly why I point out that the same people they openly admit are corrupt, causing the conditions we have, would be the last ones we should trust with that much power.

They cant even redistribute a measley 2k during a crisis without months of drama and pork fighting.

We would do better with true capitalism and for people to naturally reach out and assist those who need it. We do that just fine on our own. Its natural for humans to do that.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

That's a good point.

This is exactly why I point out that the same people they openly admit are corrupt, causing the conditions we have, would be the last ones we should trust with that much power.

They cant even redistribute a measley 2k during a crisis without months of drama and pork fighting.

We would do better with true capitalism and for people to naturally reach out and assist those who need it. We do that just fine on our own.
Yep... the pork inclusions are despicable. Especially at a moment in time when hardworking Americans are being held hostage

Again, the fault of democrat scum.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Instead of calling it a stimulus bill it should be called the Democrat slush fund for their campaign donors.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Yanno I thought it was strange they were mocking us regarding our approval of Trumps "socailism". I thought.....what an odd thing to say.

Maybe they just dont get that it's not their positions nessesarily, it's the fact that we know we cant trust the establishment and handing over our liberties and earnings would be handing them the bullets to shoot us with.

No idea why they have so much trust for shit bags. We would all go down together.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

That's a good point.

What? Biggie has convinced you to think of something that's utter bullshit? Jesus Christ, Dovey. Think for yourself. He's an idiot.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

That's a good point.

What? Biggie has convinced you to think of something that's utter bullshit? Jesus Christ, Dovey. Think for yourself. He's an idiot.

So please explain how you think giving these corrupt ass establishment politicains more of our money to waste on war and bullshit and regulations that strip our jobs and legislation that strips our individual liberties will result in them becoming pure trustworthy caretakers who epitomize fairness and honesty?

Because that has never happened anywhere. Ever. Socailist and communist movements have always caused authoritarianism and mass death....how are we supposed to just trust it wont this time?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
They cant even do right by us all during a crisis. But they will if we just give them more. More power. More money. More state slavery.

How does that work?

I mean ya'll can have fun with that. I'll be in my can with my own energy sources and water sources(if/when needed) and I'll have guns and help out when the revolution comes but I'll certainly be yelling "I told you" lol.

My whole outlook has changed more towards how I want to be in a position to survive easily if I had NO income at all. I'm literally bailing on society. (Not giving up my income but incase it all comes crashing down it wont touch me to badly)

Last edited:
OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

That's a good point.

So please explain how you think giving these corrupt ass establishment politicains more of our money to waste on war and bullshit and regulations that strip our jobs and legislation that strips our individual liberties will result in them becoming pure trustworthy caretakers who epitomize fairness and honesty?

Because that has never happened anywhere. Ever. Socailist and communist movements have always caused authoritarianism and mass death....how are we supposed to just trust it wont this time?

You want to link to where I suggested giving money to politicians? I'm suggesting taking money AWAY from the war mongers and giving it to Medicare, which already fucking exists, and putting it BACK into the public university systems, where it already once was. No politicians should touch it. Socialist movements are currently everywhere in Europe, and they were also all over the US for decades. It's why Social Security and Medicare exist. You really need to find an objective history course. SMDH

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

That's a good point.

You want to link to where I suggested giving money to politicians? I'm suggesting taking money AWAY from the war mongers and giving it to Medicare, which already fucking exists, and putting it BACK into the public university systems, where it already once was. No politicians should touch it. Socialist movements are currently everywhere in Europe, and they were also all over the US for decades. It's why Social Security and Medicare exist. You really need to find an objective history course. SMDH

The state manages Medicare. And Medicare for All would make it federally managed.

WHO do you think runs these programs?! The fucking state runs them.

So yeah... you would be putting peoples medical decisions and options in the hands of government workers and politicians

The government takes your taxes out and they decide where it goes.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
They cant even do right by us all during a crisis. But they will if we just give them more. More power. More money. More state slavery.

How does that work?

I mean ya'll can have fun with that. I'll be in my can with my own energy sources and water sources(if/when needed) and I'll have guns and help out when the revolution comes but I'll certainly be yelling "I told you" lol.

My whole outlook has changed more towards how I want to be in a position to survive easily if I had NO income at all. I'm literally bailing on society. (Not giving up my income but incase it all comes crashing down it wont touch me to badly)

So? We still need a government. Sorry, but we can't exist without one. Yeah, the one that we have is corrupt, ON BOTH FUCKING SIDES OF THE AISLE. So we have to fix it. We can't cancel it because you don't like it.