So whats Oaks excuse for not getting married?

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Very cute. lol

My point is that these days things in the world are very uncertain and intimidating. It takes a toll on us with respect to relationships, trust and social safety.

It's always been uncertain and intimidating. That's why we need to keep basic and fundamental things as simple as possible.

It's people that have changed and we have become more self absorbed and more about gratification.

I actually think it's interesting how now that we have so many choices in partners .....its harder to decide and pick one. And people are more miserable.

I think its tragic seeing people reach old age single. It's in our best interest to be married. If you wont okay it all out for them how are gonna trust theyll be there when you are really vulnerable?

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
One of my old Bosses that I really liked has two beautiful Daughters, and once in a while his wife would drop by work usually with the Daughter still at home...and Kelly and his Daughter would chat and goof with each other, and at the time I didn't think much of it, but his convo with the wife always seemed friendly but 'perfunctory'....a couple years later when the younger girl went off to College he and the wife split up.

A friend of mine was floored when in college her parents split. Apparently, they had never shown that their marriage was in trouble. She said that though she was an adult, it tore her up. She felt like her whole family life was a lie.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
A friend of mine was floored when in college her parents split. Apparently, they had never shown that their marriage was in trouble. She said that though she was an adult, it tore her up. She felt like her whole family life was a lie.

Shitty of them to do that.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
It would have been better to continue being miserable? Apparently they were, they simply didn't show it to their kids.

No, you work through it.

Two people who were serious enough to get married and raise a family are capable of taking inventory and working through it.

Happiness is entirely circumstantial and internal. We are GONNA have period where we are miserable.

How does it become "divorce or be miserable"?

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
No, you work through it.

Two people who were serious enough to get married and raise a family are capable of taking inventory and working through it.

Happiness is entirely circumstantial and internal. We are GONNA have period where we are miserable.

How does it become "divorce or be miserable"?

They didn't love one another, there was nothing to work out.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
They didn't love one another, there was nothing to work out.

Love is an active choice. They chose NOT to love eachother and tore their family up over it.

I dont always FEEL the mushy feelings of love for the people in my life but I choose to act in loving ways.

Our emotions are fickle.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Love is an active choice. They chose NOT to love eachother and tore their family up over it.

I dont always FEEL the mushy feelings of love for the people in my life but I choose to act in loving ways.

Our emotions are fickle.

Their kids were grown, ffs. Calm the hell down.

Is sleeping with other men when you're still married "acting in loving ways"?

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
I do?

Aren't you the one that went back to an ex?

I think Dove's been posting about how it's like sticking a turd back in your own asshole. Is that true?

Yup, the only person I ever married.

We will always be married under the eyes of God.