Texas abortion law suspended!

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
It was only a matter of time, imo. Fuck those Texas reps who did an end run around the voting public.

Federal judge blocks Texas restrictive abortion law, says women faced 'irreparable harm'

Madlin Mekelburg and Christal Hayes, USA TODAY NETWORK
Wed, October 6, 2021, 8:15 PM

AUSTIN – A federal judge late Wednesday
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
of a Texas abortion law that effectively bans the procedure, delivering an early victory to the
to the law.

In a 113-page ruling, U.S. District Judge Robert Pitman of Austin said the law is an "offensive deprivation of such an important right" and said state actors, including judges and court clerks, can no longer enforce its provisions.

"From the moment (the law) went into effect, women have been unlawfully prevented from exercising control over their lives in ways that are protected by the Constitution," Pitman wrote.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
And I told you people this was likely to happen but you insisted on irrational fear. It is like you didn't even read the SCotUS ruling about lack of standing and not ruling about the merits. They clearly said as soon as some party who was actually harmed came forward then they would hear the case. They just said they would not pre-emptively strike down the law until someone with standing came forward.

Now, the real test is going to be when this current case eventually gets to SCotUS.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
And I told you people this was likely to happen but you insisted on irrational fear. It is like you didn't even read the SCotUS ruling about lack of standing and not ruling about the merits. They clearly said as soon as some party who was actually harmed came forward then they would hear the case. They just said they would not pre-emptively strike down the law until someone with standing came forward.

Now, the real test is going to be when this current case eventually gets to SCotUS.
Congrats on doing the acronym for SCOTUS according to the official rules of acronymization. Good job!

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I LOVE being a woman that doesnt need to kill any human in order to "exercise control" over my life. Absolutely nothing about abortion says a woman is in control of anything.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I LOVE being a woman that doesnt need to kill any human in order to "exercise control" over my life. Absolutely nothing about abortion says a woman is in control of anything.

So don't get an abortion. And don't take away other women's right to choose an abortion. And I won't vote for anyone who tries to force a woman who doesn't want an abortion to get one.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Liberal women hate children. Especially boys

Yeah. That's it.

Weird, though.

Why are there so many liberals if liberal women hate children? You would think they wouldn't be procreating. Or is it that conservative parents are so awful, their kids turn into liberals?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

So don't get an abortion. And don't take away other women's right to choose an abortion. And I won't vote for anyone who tries to force a woman who doesn't want an abortion to get one.

Women are forced EVERYDAY, pressured and coerced everyday. Rape victims are released back to rapists with no report. This happens WAY more than women who just "chose" to abort. In fact women often always they dont have a choice.

The problem is you guys ignore all the harm and reality as a result of this barbaric practice. Abortion advocates fight safety standards ffs. They fight against informed consent. Wait periods(that actually often prevent that coercion....lots of women who talk about abortion trauma say "it was really rushed")

Why don't we at least force these places to follow every standard that applies to other medical facilities? Why dont we make them provide FACTUAL info about pregnancy and life in the womb and also give them information about all the resources available to them?

Because letting exploitation go unchecked isnt about "rights" Lotus. It's about those wealthy corporatists you are supposed to want to keep in check.

If it was about choices and rights these places would want women to have ALL the information they needed to make THEIR OWN choice. And there wouldnt be thousands of women out there like me who were pushed into something that damaged them for life. We all know we are an after thought at most for those who view abortion as "womens rights" when its NOT.

If you think legal abortion will ever be "threatened" you are fooling yourself. MEN love it. Wealthy elites love it. It benefits MEN. It gets men "off the hook" and brings billions of dollars rolling in.

Maybe one day when you realize what it really is and what it's really about you'll care about the countless people that it harmed and destroyed all over money and male pleasure. As long as it's some leftwing campaign you'll defend it no matter how bad and abusive and heartless it is.

Consider at some point how the narrative you have on this topic is a clever marketing campaign and maybe TRY to see the whole picture. WITH all those facts you dont want to talk about.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Liberal women hate children. Especially boys

Yeah. That's it.

Weird, though.

Why are there so many liberals if liberal women hate children? You would think they wouldn't be procreating. Or is it that conservative parents are so awful, their kids turn into liberals?

Pretty soon the new generation will rebel and go more traditional/conservative.

It always happens.

Btw.......abortion disproportionately impacts the poor. Seeking abortion isnt about politics. It's about class. And I know of homes you would call right wing or conservative that forced their teen daughters to abort.

I would say pro abortionists just hate the poor. You have PP in every poor area and fertility clinics in wealthy ones. You got people who degrade working women who have babies as irresponsible.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It was only a matter of time, imo. Fuck those Texas reps who did an end run around the voting public.

Federal judge blocks Texas restrictive abortion law, says women faced 'irreparable harm'

of a Texas abortion law that effectively bans the procedure, delivering an early victory to the
to the law.

In a 113-page ruling, U.S. District Judge Robert Pitman of Austin said the law is an "offensive deprivation of such an important right" and said state actors, including judges and court clerks, can no longer enforce its provisions.

"From the moment (the law) went into effect, women have been unlawfully prevented from exercising control over their lives in ways that are protected by the Constitution," Pitman wrote.

I agree with the ruling in 1 respect - the Texas law denies protection of women because it forces them to get pregnant against their will in cases of rape or incest. That's a fundamental right in International Law & was highlighted by the terrorist ISIS state using women as sex slaves. So this law enables rapists and incestuous behaviour. It's also erodes Social stability because for obvious reasons any sensible person would not condone the breeding of inbred children.

Even the guy who authored the bill, a Texas Conservative Republican, advised Governor Abbott to take his foot off the gas pedal and allow Abortions in extenuating circumstances.

BTW, a number of staunch Catholic nations where abortion is banned still allow it in the cases of rape and incest. They recognize that it is a violation of a woman's fundamental rights to be impregnated against their will.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

to the law.

I agree with the ruling in 1 respect - the Texas law denies protection of women because it forces them to get pregnant against their will in cases of rape or incest. That's a fundamental right in International Law & was highlighted by the terrorist ISIS state using women as sex slaves. So this law enables rapists and incestuous behaviour. It's also erodes Social stability because for obvious reasons any sensible person would not condone the breeding of inbred children.

Even the guy who authored the bill, a Texas Conservative Republican, advised Governor Abbott to take his foot off the gas pedal and allow Abortions in extenuating circumstances.

BTW, a number of staunch Catholic nations where abortion is banned still allow it in the cases of rape and incest. They recognize that it is a violation of a woman's fundamental rights to be impregnated against their will.

It also forces women to have babies even if they are in no condition mentally or physically to have them. That is criminal, imo.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

to the law.

It also forces women to have babies even if they are in no condition mentally or physically to have them. That is criminal, imo.

Maybe inbreeding or child birth by rape is common in Texas?

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

to the law.

Maybe inbreeding or child birth by rape is common in Texas?

Who knows. Texas sucks.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The Mississippi abortion law is currently in front of SCotUS and it appears Roe v Wade is going to get over turned or at least broadly rewritten. The obvious implication is that this matter will now be turned over to states to decide what if any restrictions they want to impose. Personally, I find this a good middle ground.

The extremists are going to go ape shit and claim the sky is falling, it is not, as some states will keep it legal, some will heavily restrict it, and most will be some where in between. That is ok and a greyhound bus ticket is still just $50.

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
The Mississippi abortion law is currently in front of SCotUS and it appears Roe v Wade is going to get over turned or at least broadly rewritten.

Oh the tears will be delicious and plentiful

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Yep.

I hate activist judges.

None of these selfish fucks care about irreparable harm as long as it's something they want causing it.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
So when do the fat ugly bitches start going on sex strikes in protest?

that shit always cracked me up

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

to the law.

Translation "expecting people to take personal responsibility for themselves is FORCE and women are too stupid and unstable to be responsible. It's okay for vulnerable women to be forced and coerced to abort though. That's not a problem I care about. I'm just invested in degrading human life".

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

"Oh yeah?! Well we will make responsible and healthy sexual choices now! Take THAT, patriarchy!!"

Lmao. They are basically animals.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

"Oh yeah?! Well we will make responsible and healthy sexual choices now! Take THAT, patriarchy!!"

Lmao. They are basically animals.
The fat bitches that no one wants to fuck anyway holding up sex strike signs had me in stitches

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Even the liberal media is now admitting abortion will now become a state level decision. Which is what it always should have been.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Even the liberal media is now admitting abortion will now become a state level decision. Which is what it always should have been.

Why?

It's legal in most democratic nations.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It will be legal in most states too. But that is going to be left up to each state to decode which is how federalism is supposed to have worked.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Why?

It's legal in most democratic nations.

Because we are not like other Democratic nations

We are a United states and a Constitutional Republic.

Every state has it's own government that represents the citizens of that state.

The dems/progs want to federalize the country and shit on state rights and then from there, we have full blown fascism. Only their party will run the whole country.

So many of these ignorant fucks making demands dont even understand our own country. And they think Roe being overturnes bans abortion....because they dont understand how any of this works.

You cant tell them either because they think they are smarter than everyone. Which plays into why they want to shove everyone down and use the government to push their ideologies on everyone.

What would end up happening after they shit can state rights and get everything centralized is a fascist corp ran country that does what THEY want. It wont go well for anyone.

They are fighting against our rights and our safe guards against tyranny. Because they see those safe guards as "progress blockers".....like the authoritarians they are.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It will be legal in most states too. But that is going to be left up to each state to decode which is how federalism is supposed to have worked.

But nothing's been finalized yet as an abortion case is being heard in the USSC.

So it should be interesting to see how it will affect each state & the restrictions they end up imposing.

Somehow I don't think it'll be a free and easy time for those seeking an abortion in the USA anywhere like it has been for the past 50 years.