Texas abortion law suspended!

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
It will be legal in most states too. But that is going to be left up to each state to decode which is how federalism is supposed to have worked.

But nothing's been finalized yet as an abortion case is being heard in the USSC.

So it should be interesting to see how it will affect each state & the restrictions they end up imposing.

Somehow I don't think it'll be a free and easy time for those seeking an abortion in the USA anywhere like it has been for the past 50 years.

Each state will reflect the will of the people who reside there. As it's supposed to be.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I am not for a total ban either. That said, the far left has gone retarded with demanding day of birth abortions.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Each state will reflect the will of the people who reside there. As it's supposed to be.

Heres an article & map of what might happen if Roe v Wade is overturned in the US:

likely-2020-290.png

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Many women, disproportionately those who are poor, would unwillingly carry their babies to term and rely on a social safety net that is thinner than in most other rich nations, and thinner in some states than in others.
In effect, the United States without Roe would look very different for different people. For women in Democratic states and women elsewhere who have the means to travel to a clinic, abortion would still be accessible. For poor women in many Republican states, traveling to other states for in-clinic abortions could be prohibitively challenging.

Without Roe, the number of legal abortions in the country would fall by at least 14 percent, according to research by a team from Middlebury College; the University of California, San Francisco; and the Guttmacher Institute, based on the effects of clinic closures in Texas between 2013 and 2016.

That result would be the culmination of a decades-long effort by the anti-abortion movement. “That would create a culture where we would be able to enact policies and legislation to support the women and children in our state,” said Laura Knight, president of Pro-Life Mississippi.

Roughly half of women who are unable to access a legal abortion would probably instead bear children, other research from Texas suggests. The rest would find another way to end their pregnancy, like crossing state borders.
In some ways, a post-Roe America would mirror the pre-Roe one. Then, abortion was generally legal in four states, and 13 more allowed abortion for health reasons. Women who could afford it would travel out of state to seek the procedure. But many women turned to coat-hangers, chemicals, unskilled abortion providers and other dangerous methods. In the early 1960s, Cook County Hospital in Chicago was treating more than 4,000 women a year for life-threatening effects of botched illegal abortions.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I don't agree with having legal killing if humans just so someone can sa

Heres an article & map of what might happen if Roe v Wade is overturned in the US:

likely-2020-290.png

Many women, disproportionately those who are poor, would unwillingly carry their babies to term and rely on a social safety net that is thinner than in most other rich nations, and thinner in some states than in others.
In effect, the United States without Roe would look very different for different people. For women in Democratic states and women elsewhere who have the means to travel to a clinic, abortion would still be accessible. For poor women in many Republican states, traveling to other states for in-clinic abortions could be prohibitively challenging.

Without Roe, the number of legal abortions in the country would fall by at least 14 percent, according to research by a team from Middlebury College; the University of California, San Francisco; and the Guttmacher Institute, based on the effects of clinic closures in Texas between 2013 and 2016.

That result would be the culmination of a decades-long effort by the anti-abortion movement. “That would create a culture where we would be able to enact policies and legislation to support the women and children in our state,” said Laura Knight, president of Pro-Life Mississippi.

Roughly half of women who are unable to access a legal abortion would probably instead bear children, other research from Texas suggests. The rest would find another way to end their pregnancy, like crossing state borders.
In some ways, a post-Roe America would mirror the pre-Roe one. Then, abortion was generally legal in four states, and 13 more allowed abortion for health reasons. Women who could afford it would travel out of state to seek the procedure. But many women turned to coat-hangers, chemicals, unskilled abortion providers and other dangerous methods. In the early 1960s, Cook County Hospital in Chicago was treating more than 4,000 women a year for life-threatening effects of botched illegal abortions.

It's actually far more likely that the rate of unwanted pregnancy would drop.

That's what happens in countries with no or very restricted abortion.

I dont understand why people hate humanity so much to want something like this.

And Joe.....those illegal abortions were done by doctors. And botched abortions are still going on. Everything from lacerations to incomplete. Post surg pnemonia. When they say it's safe....its a lie. And most abortionists do not have hospital privileges.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
look at the militant pro abortion woman, even a turkey baster full of sperm would resist

DDT

Factory Bastard
I am not for a total ban either. That said, the far left has gone retarded with demanding day of birth abortions.
Ya. This country has absolutely no restrictions at the Federal level, and one could technically get an abortie when kid is ready to pop out, but abortie clinics apparently won't perform one past 23 weeks and 6 days. Some Provinces limit that to even less.

This makes sense, as it would be pretty ghoulish to abort in the 40th week.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I don't agree with having legal killing if humans just so someone can sa

likely-2020-290.png

It's actually far more likely that the rate of unwanted pregnancy would drop.

That's what happens in countries with no or very restricted abortion.

I dont understand why people hate humanity so much to want something like this.

And Joe.....those illegal abortions were done by doctors. And botched abortions are still going on. Everything from lacerations to incomplete. Post surg pnemonia. When they say it's safe....its a lie. And most abortionists do not have hospital privileges.

Will be interesting to see ehat happens next if Roe vs Wade is overturned Dovey.

It'll be like watching a huge social sciences lab experiment. We need a new thread should there be a post Roe v Wade era in the US.

Not that I look forward to it, but it is History in the making eh.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Ya. This country has absolutely no restrictions at the Federal level, and one could technically get an abortie when kid is ready to pop out, but abortie clinics apparently won't perform one past 23 weeks and 6 days. Some Provinces limit that to even less.

This makes sense, as it would be pretty ghoulish to abort in the 40th week.

They probably allow those very late term abortions in Canada if the mothers life is in danger or they know the baby will be born with downs syndrome or 2 heads, eh Mel?

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
They probably allow those very late term abortions if the mothers life is in danger or they know the baby will be born with downs syndrome or 2 heads, eh?
Yes, if there's a serious medical issue a physician can approve a late term abortie.

It's be the shits for any parent stuck with a severely deformed child. I've met some & essentially they're grounded for life. No one should be able to impose that on anyone. Like a lifetime prison sentence without parole.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I noticed Lokmeer didn't like my last comment much.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
make a thread about tampons and joe will be front n center....'well i think..'

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
make a thread about tampons and joe will be front n center....'well i think..'

Nah Jeannie, that's strictly a Ladies topic.

Men aren't invited inta that club & none need ta apply.