The American Taliban Further erodes the wall between Church and State that our Founders Built

Admin.

The Flying Fickle Finger Of Fate.
Site Supporter ☠️
Supreme Court says Maine cannot deny tuition aid to religious schools

By
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Updated June 21, 2022 at 1:31 p.m. EDT|Published June 21, 2022 at 10:45 a.m. EDT

The Supreme Court on Tuesday extended a recent streak of victories for religious interests, striking down a Maine tuition program that does not allow public funds to go to schools that promote religious instruction.

The vote was 6 to 3, with Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr.
and the court’s three liberals in dissent.
It was the latest case in which the court came down on the side of religious interests when weighing the Constitution’s protection of religious exercise against its prohibition of government endorsement of religion.
The case involves an unusual program in a small state that affects only a few thousand students. But it could have greater implications as the more conservative court relaxes the constitutional line between church and state.

Under the program, jurisdictions in rural areas too sparsely populated to support secondary schools of their own can arrange to have nearby schools teach their school-age children, or the state will pay tuition to parents to send their kids to private schools. But those schools must be nonsectarian, meaning they cannot promote a faith or belief system or teach “through the lens of this faith,” in the words of the state’s department of education.

4843.jpg

"Look at me everybody I'm holding a Bible, just like a Christian!"

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
You are an idiot, as usual. The court literally upheld the constitutional right to practice religion. Read a summary of the decision.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

By

Updated June 21, 2022 at 1:31 p.m. EDT|Published June 21, 2022 at 10:45 a.m. EDT

The Supreme Court on Tuesday extended a recent streak of victories for religious interests, striking down a Maine tuition program that does not allow public funds to go to schools that promote religious instruction.

It was the latest case in which the court came down on the side of religious interests when weighing the Constitution’s protection of religious exercise against its prohibition of government endorsement of religion.
The case involves an unusual program in a small state that affects only a few thousand students. But it could have greater implications as the more conservative court relaxes the constitutional line between church and state.

Under the program, jurisdictions in rural areas too sparsely populated to support secondary schools of their own can arrange to have nearby schools teach their school-age children, or the state will pay tuition to parents to send their kids to private schools. But those schools must be nonsectarian, meaning they cannot promote a faith or belief system or teach “through the lens of this faith,” in the words of the state’s department of education.

4843.jpg

Wait until Muslims try to have tax dollars pay for their private schools.

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
You are an idiot, as usual. The court literally upheld the constitutional right to practice religion. Read a summary of the decision.
Fucktard, they told a sovereign us state that they are required to fund religious schools. Now gtfo my thread and stay out!

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

By

4843.jpg

Muslims and Jews already have private schools in Maine, dumb ass. Several were part of the lawsuit. Why are you so ignorant on every issue?

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

By

4843.jpg

Muslims and Jews already have private schools in Maine, dumb ass. Several were part of the lawsuit. Why are you so ignorant on every issue?

I'm not ignorant on every issue, I am on this particular one. I'm glad you approve of tax collars funding religious extremism. Good on you.

Speaking of ignorant, you can't even read a poll, dumb fuck.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Fucktard, they told a sovereign us state that they are required to fund religious schools. Now gtfo my thread and stay out!

You truly are stupid. They said, it was illegal discrimination to exclude some private schools from the state voucher system simply because they were religious schools. Why not start be reading the summary of the ruling before you say more stupid shit?

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

By

4843.jpg

This Decision is putting State in the position of financially supporting religion, something that The USA has not, other than granting Tax Exempt Statue, for our entire history, exactly how home schooled are you?

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

You truly are stupid. They said, it was illegal discrimination to exclude some private schools from the state voucher system simply because they were religious schools. Why not start be reading the summary of the ruling before you say more stupid shit?

Why don't you learn how to read a poll before you post some stupid ass shit yourself? Pot calling kettle black, asshole.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
[/QUOTE]

By

4843.jpg

This Decision is putting State in the position of financially supporting religion, something that The USA has not, other than granting Tax Exempt Statue, for our entire history, exactly how home schooled are you?

Actually the government has routinely given money to religious organizations who provide a service for well over a century. The money follows the student and the parents get to pick the school. Excluding religious schools from a universal public tender was found to be illegal. Live with it.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

By

4843.jpg

This is very disturbing.

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

By

4843.jpg

Actually the government has routinely given money to religious organizations who provide a service for well over a century. The money follows the student and the parents get to pick the school. Excluding religious schools from a universal public tender was found to be illegal. Live with it.
[/QUOTE]
States HAVE NOT BEEN DIRECTLY FUNDING RELIGIOUS EDUCATION, that's why this Case is all over the news this afternoon, this is one crack in the wall between Your Religions and my state, the founders were very clear on this.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Religious hospitals, religious colleges and u iversities, and numerous other religious organizations have gotten taxpayer funds for well over 100 years. Watch the PBS video you posted but didn't actually watch.

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
Not so long ago, America barely elected it's First Catholic President. Many in The Protestant Majority were scared to death that America would fall under the leadership of Rome.

JFK, had to come out on National TV, and assure them he will not have a direct phoneline to the Pope.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Religious hospitals, religious colleges and u iversities, and numerous other religious organizations have gotten taxpayer funds for well over 100 years. Watch the PBS video you posted but didn't actually watch.

Biden holding school lunch funding hostage until schools adopt their religious gender policies and remove protections from little girls, as well as opportunities?

That's totally cool. Tyranny is liberty when the left is forcing their beliefs down everyones throat and demanding submission.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Just gonna point out that we are being forced to pay for gender affirming medical interventions.

A total elective. Body modification. That thousands end up regretting who end up permanent medical patients. Being done on minors who cannot possibly consent.

Because of religious beliefs that we have gendered souls.

The left will stomp all over everyone elses liberties and use the government to force people to support their dumb fuck abusive beliefs. Like abortions and gender body modification. Both issues rooted in their philosophical beliefs. We have to accept that amd fucking pay for it.

But they dont want hospitals and universities to get tax funding is they have their own beliefs because only left wing cults are allowed.

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
YaxX8r2.jpeg

Tune is next week for the explosive season finale of "Mad Times at Madrassa High!"

Last edited:

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Funny how they have no problem at all TAKING money from religious people but suddenly there is a huge problem with giving some of that money to things the communities benefit from.

Yeah this is totally just like the Taliban. Way to shit on women again. The Taliban will burn you alive if you get raped.....yeah let's compare brutalities against women and children with tax payer funds going towards education institutions.

Admin wants to dictate to me that I pay for the shit HE wants. But none of that can go towards anything other people want.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
There is an easy way to solve this if you are so unhappy; the SCOTUS even directly mentions it. If you read the ruling you'd already know. Try reading.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
There is an easy way to solve this if you are so unhappy; the SCOTUS even directly mentions it. If you read the ruling you'd already know. Try reading.

Unless Slate or Salon gives them whatever twisted and Dr Suess level translation of how this works and what actions are constitutional they will stay ignorant and angry.

More likely to support more riots than actually have to read something not written by an unhinged activist.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
And Admin is literally none the wise because he only reads partisan bullshit that is more about narratives that help certain parties than objective and balanced facts.

I mean....Salon and Slate just parrots all these sources.

And so ingrained are you Admin....that you probably think its between this and Fox. And these corporate sources give the entire truth of things and Fox is a far right lie outlet.

Amirite?

Its painfully obvious you never check more than one source. And by more than one I mean different perspective. Not the onslaught of establishment mouth pieces that we have as corporate media and their babies.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
So when do we bring back the Blue Laws, Mandate Worship Services and Ban Gay Marriages etc etc?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
So when do we bring back the Blue Laws, Mandate Worship Services and Ban Gay Marriages etc etc?

Um never?

How the fuck do you justify calling other people divisive and accuse them of spreading hysteria when you do EXACTLY that? You dont even take the time to even know exactly what happened. You believe the hysterical fear spreaders.

You know like how it's illegal to say "gay" in FL? Have you figured what's in that bill yet?

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

Um never?

How the fuck do you justify calling other people divisive and accuse them of spreading hysteria when you do EXACTLY that? You dont even take the time to even know exactly what happened. You believe the hysterical fear spreaders.

You know like how it's illegal to say "gay" in FL? Have you figured what's in that bill yet?
Because you dimwits seem to be shrugging your shoulders at a major legal precedent set yesterday, The Supreme Court Just Legislated from the Bench and altered 243 Years of American Law and History and you sheep are going along with it dutifully because a conservative court made the decision, to continue the conservatives long term plans to get public education off the grid and sell education to the highest bidder. That's not even addressing the encroachment of religious ideology in our system of laws, that this decision obviously opens the door to.

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned
See now that's interesting since Churches are not required to pay taxes yet somehow demand the benefit of tax money... hmmmmm