The food thread...

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️
What are oven chips. I use mesquite hickory etc, but in a dome bar b q
Potato chips treated with oil etc you roast in the oven, quite common in the UK.
2b68e4c7-601d-465d-8fc8-790ba857669d.jpeg

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
All the Indian around here is the standard stuff. I'd like to find some stuff from NE India. Assam or even more out there.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
In the US you find northern Indian food everywhere. A few southern places. Places like Nagaland and Assam are completely absent.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Getting ready to put a meatloaf in the Weber, and smoke it with hickory chips.

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I walked up to the local grocery store yesterday for some snacks because I was bored. I saw a nice chuck roast and had to have it.

charles.jpg

I'm going to walk up there in a bit to get some fixin's for the crock pot.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Yep, that cut of meat is great for the crockpot. The fat melts nicely making a nice broth and the previously tough cut of meat becomes so soft you can break it up with a spoon. It becomes almost like shredded beef which is great with all the veggies.

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I bought an onion to chop up for the bottom of the pot. I already had some garlic. 1 clove per pound of meat or recipe works for me. Worcestershire sauce is a staple that I always keep in the fridge, so a good sprinkle of that. Now, for things to put on top ... I was going to buy carrots but switched things up. I bought jalapeno peppers and a beefsteak tomato to chop up. They have that boxed black beans and rice mix that I love and I bought some tortillas. This is going to turn into a burrito meal rather than some other previous incarnation.

deadringers

Factory Bastard
just some toast with rasberry jam on it. not too much of appetite this morning. i'm positive that will change in a few hours or so.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
How do most people cool lamb chops? I got a good deal on four. What sort of seasoning and/or marinade do you use and do you pan sear, bake, or BBQ?