The Health Thread

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
One possible explanation for rising cancer rates in people < 50 yrs old

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
cartoon-medical-syringe-vector-hand-drawn-illustration_20412-670.jpg

cw_

Ɛ> you
Site Supporter ☠️

Summary to Help You Live a Happier Life​

Happiness lies in every moment – we just have to approach it the right way.

The Japanese wisdom helps you invite it into your life today.

1. Wabi-sabi: Find the beauty in imperfection instead of letting your fears drive you into perfectionism.
  • Kaizen: Improve in small, tiny steps instead of getting overwhelmed by the mountain of work.
  • Kodawari: Honor the details and be present with what you do instead of half-assing it.
  • Ichigo Ichie: Treat everything you do as the last time you can do it instead of wishing it to be over.
  • Shoshin: Stay curious, ask questions, experiment, and keep a beginner's mind instead of getting bored by the same routines.

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I have work-related stress and anxiety. This isn't going to help me with that because I already subscribe to these values in some sense.

1. I cannot accept imperfections and mistakes. Can Not, Will NOT.

* I try to keep myself in a direction and try to put distractions at bay. Get to things when I get to things.
* ALWAYS
* somewhat guilty
* I'm beyond that. I've been doing this for 20 years. I need to enforce standards. Quality Control. People ask ME questions and I have answers. I keep myself informed as to the goings-on. I do what I need to do. I don't bother asking questions because I know I will get some convoluted answer. Nobody gives a fucking fuck about anything I have to say.

I know what's best and that is how I operate.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

WSn71nu.png

E3rRmAr.png

GAnry6B.png

qnSznbr.png

How To Win Friends And Influence People

I played pickleball today again with a bunch of people I do not know.

It seems like a lot of people are there to try to make friends. I am pretty outgoing and I think that appeals to a lot of people. When things are wrapping up, there is always a few people chatting me up. I can tell they want to make plans to meet or maybe go out right then and there for a drink or whatever.

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
I played pickleball today again with a bunch of people I do not know.

It seems like a lot of people are there to try to make friends. I am pretty outgoing and I think that appeals to a lot of people. When things are wrapping up, there is always a few people chatting me up. I can tell they want to make plans to meet or maybe go out right then and there for a drink or whatever.
I can see that. Judging by this reply you can be civil when you want to be.