OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
It is nice.

Slow, but nice.

I might buy one for my wife.

But she'd end up with the more expensive car while you'd be driving around in your less expensive but depreciating late model Corvette with nothing to show off except your bald spot, Lex @The Prowler.

That doesn't sound like much of a deal for you, Prowler.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard

But she'd end up with the more expensive car while you'd be driving around in your less expensive but depreciating late model Corvette with nothing to show off except your bald spot, Lex @The Prowler.

That doesn't sound like much of a deal for you, Prowler.

Oh man, you are pathetic, Senile @Joe.

First Generation Corvettes are nice, but slow.

I might be interested in driving one myself at some point, but for now I like more power and performance.

My wife likes them, though. She does not have the same need for speed that I have.

I do not care which car costs more, you dope.

X

xXx
Factory Bastard
I considered other colours...for a while I was set on black....for a while I was set on the dark metallic red (not the lighter Torch Red).

But when the call came in to place the order, I was set on Arctic White.

The funny thing is that the colours you mentioned were the colours I saw in real life. A dealership called me and said they had the dark red metallic there. It was factory ordered for a customer, but I could take a look to see it IRL. When I got there, there were three brand new Corvettes. The red one that I was interested in seeing and two others: a black one and a white one. I checked out the red one, then looked at the black one because I was also considering black at the time. My wife kept calling me over to the white one. She liked how it looked because of the contrast of the black/carbon fiber body pieces like on the side air scoops. She also really liked how the red lights looked against the white body. At that time, I was not even considering white. But I took a look at the car and agreed that you could really see the lines of the car better than the black car and I agreed about the contrast of some of the trim. At that point, I was thinking that if I went with white, I would need black wheels. But when I did the online build, I tried building with the lighter wheels. And I started looking at various white cars IRL with lighter wheels versus the black wheels that so many cars get nowadaze. The black wheels look a little "meaner"...but the lighter wheels look a little brighter and more sporty.

Look at the picture of my car. Look at all the detail of the body panels. You do not see that with the black car. You do not see it with the red metallic except on very sunny days. On sunny days, that red metallic is outstanding. I saw one at the dealership last year when I went in for my first oil change. It was a sunny day and man, it looked really good. Less sporty, but more classy.

There was no longer wait for any colour when I ordered my car. I got exactly what I wanted. You might be confused with when I was able to buy a second C8...at that time I had a used car dealer that would have bought a new one from me for significantly more than MSRP...they wanted one of a couple of colours that were not available, and they wanted all these extra body trim options that made the car look kind of obnoxious...but a number of the options were not available.

Or it is possible that I just lied for some reason. I forget.
Honestly if that poast was about a cat or weed I’d have prolly read it …

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
It is a nice sunny day here.

I am going to take the roof off my C8 Corvette and go for a cruise!

I think I will do some droning too.

Maybe my wife will get a drone shot of my C8 Corvette cruising down the road.

I know you all want to see it.

Admin.

Hello dad, I'm in jail, Hi dad, Happy Birthday Dad
☠️Private Forum Access
It is a nice sunny day here.

I am going to take the roof off my C8 Corvette and go for a cruise!

I think I will do some droning too.

Maybe my wife will get a drone shot of my C8 Corvette cruising down the road.

I know you all want to see it.
No we want to see one of the same 3 or 4 pics you always show!

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
No we want to see one of the same 3 or 4 pics you always show!

Like this one?

3TQGLrf.jpg

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
I have been told by a lot of people that Lamborghini cars are problematic. They break down a lot.

Ferrari and Porsche make a lot of nice cars and I think their reliability is decent. There are several Porsche owners on my street.

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
Who cares this much about his god damn car?

Stop it @Joe.

And yet it's interesting ta analyze how Lex @The Prowler overspent for his trifling toy @Lily. For the money he spent on 1 car, he coulda bought 3 - and nice ones at that. Maybe 4. I could spend that much on cars too. But if I were, I'd try to get at least 1 nice vintage car bundled with 2 others. @The Prowler said he spent $120,000 Canadian or $90,000 US .

You could buy a lotta car (and good ones) for that price.

I've seen some really good deals on cars as good as his.
And they're way cheaper too.

When a person spends a load a money they gotta buy smart, not dumb eh?

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
And yet it's interesting ta analyze how Lex @The Prowler overspent for his trifling toy @Lily. For the money he spent on 1 car, he coulda bought 3 - and nice ones at that. Maybe 4. I could spend that much on cars too. But if I were, I'd try to get at least 1 nice vintage car bundled with 2 others. @The Prowler said he spent $120,000 Canadian or $90,000 US .

Maybe so, but it is his life. A life I don't have any interest in.

He's not a contributing member to this forum and never has been.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard

When a person spends a load a money they gotta buy smart, not dumb eh?

Senile @Joe, I made enough in dividends this year to buy another C8 Corvette.

The cost is not an issue.

And I am not even going to remind you that I posted reports that show my car holds its value very well. That the cost of ownership is low for the class of car. Basically that it is a great value....

I bought the C8 Corvette with Z51 package because it is a tonne of fun to drive!!!!

And the Open Road is calling me!!!!

Catch you losers later!!!

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

The New Holliday

Now With 25% More Infinity
Factory Bastard
I'd try to get at least 1 nice vintage car bundled with 2 others.
. I bought an new, fresh in the box fishing reel this morning. It was on sale - a good brand and model. The one useful thing my x-wife taught me was...never pay full price. I also bought two vintage lures. I buy vintage pieces not as a collector but because I know my lures and appreciate out of production craft...and know how to use them.
.I have big plans for these, though I also wish I could have gotten a black one. They are in good shape, which is uncommon for that particular lure. My car is 25 years old. One of the best and trouble free passenger vehicles ever built.

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
. I bought an new, fresh in the box fishing reel this morning. It was on sale - a good brand and model. The one useful thing my x-wife taught me was...never pay full price. I also bought two vintage lures. I buy vintage pieces not as a collector but because I know my lures and appreciate out of production craft...and know how to use them.
.I have big plans for these, though I also wish I could have gotten a black one. They are in good shape, which is uncommon for that particular lure. My car is 25 years old. One of the best and trouble free passenger vehicles ever built.
I notice on these websites there's a lotta good cars in the US.
That's probably where most of them reside.
We have some in Canada, but I think most of them originate from the States and gradually make there way up here.
Americans bought most of the good Canadian collector coins too & that's where most of them reside.

The New Holliday

Factory Bastard
Senile @Joe, I made enough in dividends this year to buy another C8 Corvette.

The cost is not an issue.

And I am not even going to remind you that I posted reports that show my car holds its value very well. That the cost of ownership is low for the class of car. Basically that it is a great value....

I bought the C8 Corvette with Z51 package because it is a tonne of fun to drive!!!!

And the Open Road is calling me!!!!

Catch you losers later!!!

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!
Why not buy a '64 then. At least those were art. The modern ones blow.

H8ppxSGGTVgnpiAWDwPIchsaOtBAEWz-4ovOgVE31Vg.jpg

Reactions: Joe
OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
Why not buy a '64 then. At least those were art. The modern ones blow.

H8ppxSGGTVgnpiAWDwPIchsaOtBAEWz-4ovOgVE31Vg.jpg
...must be very expensive that one.

Sometimes I visit Canadian car auction websites and they have a few like that. Never saw that car. I recently saw the 57 Corvette but it must have gone for $80,000 US or more. I remember the pre-bid price 1 day before the auction was $50,000

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access

Just a few days ago I saw a lure that is modeled after a rainbow trout, very fetching by the way. I loved the colors and it probably moves well in the water since it had a split body. It was being sold for $150 bucks as a "collector's item". I think my dad had lures similar to it back in the 70's when he took us fishing as kids.

Last edited:

The New Holliday

Factory Bastard
Just a few days ago I saw a lure that is modeled after a rainbow trout, very fetching by the way, I loved the colors and it probably moves well in the water since it had a split body. It was being sold for $150 bucks as a "collector's item". I think my dad had lures similar to it back in the 70's when he took us fishing as kids.
.. Yeah, for collectors some of those old rare lures go for a pretty penny. They are history - to be preserved as museum pieces. They are works of art and engineering - often quite beautiful. I do have older lures and reels that I am reluctant to use because of their art and historical value - not dollar value at this time though. I have bequeathed my collection with instructions for sale.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
BTW - just having found the Green Cadillac this afternoon, and having had no luck finding it for several years before, and having dried my eyes following the death of Joe Frank - It seems those wonderful Joe Frank stories are more available to the public.

@Murdy has a beautiful old Caddy that she's working on restoring.