Welcome to Hell, Elon

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
The entire article is worth a read.

I found this part particularly salient to our experience at forums.

"The essential truth of every social network is that the product is content moderation, and everyone hates the people who decide how content moderation works. Content moderation is what Twitter makes — it is the thing that defines the user experience. It’s what YouTube makes, it’s what Instagram makes, it’s what TikTok makes. They all try to incentivize good stuff, disincentivize bad stuff, and delete the really bad stuff. Do you know why YouTube videos are
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
? Because that’s how long a video has to be to
in the middle. That’s content moderation, baby — YouTube wants a certain kind of video, and it created incentives to get it. That’s the business you’re in now. The longer you fight it or pretend that you can sell something else, the more Twitter will drag you into the deepest possible muck of defending
. And if you turn on a dime and accept that growth requires aggressive content moderation and pushing back against government speech regulations around the country and world, well, we’ll see how your fans react to that.
Anyhow, welcome to hell. This was your idea."

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I didnt read your post but have seen Vaccine posts testing the censors over there.. Im no fan of Elon and know this is just a government HONEYPOT.. never joined twitter never will

I'm not on any of the social media apps, Twitter, IG, etc...but the idea of moderating content, at a much higher level, was interesting to me.

I thought Musk buying Twitter was a bad idea. He is certainly tech savvy, but Twitter isn't really about tech. It's about people, and he kind of sucks at that.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I starting building my twitter after having it lay dormant for 7 ish years... never liked the word post limit but then I started turning my attention to it and within 3 months had a following and was getting into it then I was banned for wishing a pox on trans gender heads mainly because of their insistence of attending female sports and beauty pageants... (fuck them, the fucking sexist losers)...

TWITTER is shit compared to yt... yt is the bomb. So is Facebook.

BUT really, forums like this are the best.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I starting building my twitter after having it lay dormant for 7 ish years... never liked the word post limit but then I started turning my attention to it and within 3 months had a following and was getting into it then I was banned for wishing a pox on trans gender heads mainly because of their insistence of attending female sports and beauty pageants... (fuck them, the fucking sexist losers)...

TWITTER is shit compared to yt... yt is the bomb. So is Facebook.

BUT really, forums like this are the best.

I think it depends on what you're seeking in an experience. Some people are out there looking to be "liked". I find that simply, well, befuddling. WTF does that mean?

Not a damn thing as far as I can tell. Unless, and until, you have an actual product, it's meaningless on social media.

Admin.

The Flying Fickle Finger Of Fate.
Site Supporter ☠️
I think it depends on what you're seeking in an experience. Some people are out there looking to be "liked". I find that simply, well, befuddling. WTF does that mean?

Not a damn thing as far as I can tell. Unless, and until, you have an actual product, it's meaningless on social media.
One of my oldest friend talked me into checking out Twitter, he says he's been on it about 3 years and in that time has maybe made 3 tweets, he like many of us has become a political junky over the last several years and just likes reading the opinions. Trolling is alien to him.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

I was pushing environment issues. That is my main worry ..... A Treeless earth disgusts me.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Moderation is moderation. Twitter was full blown banning naughty politcal opinions.

I read it was lit on Twitter last night lol

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
See I'm at a point where when I see someone....like Admin...gaslight like this and deny obvious problems as if the people pointing it out are stupid or crazy....I know there is no point in arguing them.

They dont want any honest discussions. They dont really care. And....they hate us.

My mistake is thinking other people care about the same things i care about when they communicate to me over and over they dont.

And I dont think democrat supporters even view as human beings. . So there is that.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
See I'm at a point where when I see someone....like Admin...gaslight like this and deny obvious problems as if the people pointing it out are stupid or crazy....I know there is no point in arguing them.

They dont want any honest discussions. They dont really care. And....they hate us.

My mistake is thinking other people care about the same things i care about when they communicate to me over and over they dont.

And I dont think democrat supporters even view as human beings. . So there is that.

that is why you just state your opinion and then detach yourself emotionally...

I remember a lady telling me when I was 21, "The trouble with you Cathy is you think everyone thinks like you,".... and she was right. That is exactly what I thought.

I think a male friend of ours said later in my life only about 33% of people agree with you and 66% don't generally so basically we are all pushing shit up hill being listened to.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
that is why you just state your opinion and then detach yourself emotionally...

I remember a lady telling me when I was 21, "The trouble with you Cathy is you think everyone thinks like you,".... and she was right. That is exactly what I thought.

I think a male friend of ours said later in my life only about 33% of people agree with you and 66% don't generally so basically we are all pushing shit up hill being listened to.

So many people talk the talk but it when it comes to it....that's all it is. Talk.

Helping animals showed me that as well.

I'll allow anything to make me bitter or vengeful. OR hate any people.

I'll just take them with a grain of salt, hold my boundaries and do what I do without assuming others care about it.

If we die or really destroy the earth with nuclear war, if we deteriorate into full blown authoritarianism.....oh well, I guess.

At least the 90s were fun.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I heard Twitter was a party last night lol.

I should join it now that I can talk muh shit. I'll go be Vits wing man :D

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
One of my oldest friend talked me into checking out Twitter, he says he's been on it about 3 years and in that time has maybe made 3 tweets, he like many of us has become a political junky over the last several years and just likes reading the opinions. Trolling is alien to him.

I wouldn't go to Twitter to read about politics.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Elon Musk is hardly going to spend $50+ billion dollars on a vanity project. He is going to want to make money. In order to make money, Twitter will have to sell ads. Brands are not going to want to be associated with filthy racist, homophobic and transphobic trolls.

It's just a matter of time before new Twitter is old Twitter.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
I wouldn't go to Twitter to read about politics.
Like your watching the J6 hearing, or a big political debate you have Twitter open and you see the real time thoughts and opinions of the people whose opinions you want to hear.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
Elon Musk is hardly going to spend $50+ billion dollars on a vanity project. He is going to want to make money. In order to make money, Twitter will have to sell ads. Brands are not going to want to be associated with filthy racist, homophobic and transphobic trolls.

It's just a matter of time before new Twitter is old Twitter.
One would think, I do not think Elon is 'dumb' either, but he def. marches to a unique drummer.