What R U doing...... RIGHT NOW!!?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I just exposed a lot of water damage to the subfloor in the living room. And its smelly!

I covered it and I'm gonna head out for plywood sheets in a few hours and I'm getting this floor replaced this weekend.

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator
I just exposed a lot of water damage to the subfloor in the living room. And its smelly!

I covered it and I'm gonna head out for plywood sheets in a few hours and I'm getting this floor replaced this weekend.

But did you find the source for the water damage..

Could be bad if the rot hits your foundation..

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Yep. Its exactly what I though it was.

It's from rain.....it just hits that side of the house and warps the wood.

Here I'll show a pic. Hold on lol

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
See how under the window its messed up as well?

Rain directly hits this.....and there is no gutters or awning there. I'm ripping out all of this and replacing it with new flooring and drywall. And windows.
I though ripping out the carpet would get rid of the smell but uhg....it didnt. It's also kinda dog pissy.....the guy who had the place last had like 4 dogs. They did damage.

It's all warped and messed up into the window frame and everything.

20210728-112152.jpg

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Waking up to a beautiful tropical morning. Surfed til dark last night, and I’m a tad stiff. This means a nice cup of coffee, and a peddle thru the jungle

:LOL3:

"a peddle thru the jungle"

Yes Dianna. A delightful ride thru the Costa Rican jungle, terminating on the beach. It’s something I do every day. I don’t smoke or abuse myself like some.

Ok, Stiffy...

You do your "peddle" through the jungle thing... :LOL3:

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Sorry Dovey. Taking care of a structure can be a pain in the ass. It never ends. Good luck.

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator

Rain directly hits this.....and there is no gutters or awning there. I'm ripping out all of this and replacing it with new flooring and drywall. And windows.
I though ripping out the carpet would get rid of the smell but uhg....it didnt. It's also kinda dog pissy.....the guy who had the place last had like 4 dogs. They did damage.

20210728-112152.jpg

My place has lots of issues my back rooms roof keeps caving in from the buildings eavestrough gutters clogging during major rainstorms..I dont even mention it to the landlord anymore.. had property standards in 5-8 years back and they claimed the whole backroom was an illegal add on added to the building to meet fire code violation by providing all tenants with a second exit..

So if I reported these issues or any involving the add on fire escape/mudroom every tenant in the building(6 Unit) would be asked to leave for safety issues.. lol..

Long story short.. sorry not sorry.. just watch out for the black mold

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

20210728-112152.jpg

My place has lots of issues my back rooms roof keeps caving in from the buildings eavestrough gutters clogging during major rainstorms..I dont even mention it to the landlord anymore.. had property standards in 5-8 years back and they claimed the whole backroom was an illegal add on added to the building to meet fire code violation by providing all tenants with a second exit..

So if I reported these issues or any involving the add on fire escape/mudroom every tenant in the building(6 Unit) would be asked to leave for safety issues.. lol..

I'm replacing the walls as well. I expect to see black mold....so I have mold killer. And I'm insulting with reflectors in the floor and putting sound proofing into the walls.

And I'm definately going to have to put an awning over this part of the house lol. I have a large deck out there so I'm thinking about making it an enclosed porch area or something. We might put French doors there where the windows are.

I should take this to thread I started about renovating this giant can lol

It's fun but a shit ton of work. I'm going to be so attached to this place.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Sorry Dovey. Taking care of a structure can be a pain in the ass. It never ends. Good luck.

Do you think putting plastic on it is a bad idea? I just want to block the stank.....but my daughter is saying it needs to "air out".

I'm ripping it out this weekend so I dont see why airing it out matters.

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator

20210728-112152.jpg

I'm replacing the walls as well. I expect to see black mold....so I have mold killer. And I'm insulting with reflectors in the floor and putting sound proofing into the walls.

And I'm definately going to have to put an awning over this part of the house lol. I have a large deck out there so I'm thinking about making it an enclosed porch area or something. We might put French doors there where the windows are.

Bleach and lacquer works wonders on black mold.. also egg cartons and those heavy constuction/moving blankets work for sound proofing.. fyi.. had some friends use it in their studio

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

20210728-112152.jpg

Bleach and lacquer works wonders on black mold.. also egg cartons and those heavy constuction/moving blankets work for sound proofing.. fyi.. had some friends use it in their studio

I got this stuff.

Oh btw....this isnt a stick built. It's a 1985 mobile home. An old ass trailer lol.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Last edited:

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Mold damage is bad as well as very expensive.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Mold damage is bad as well as very expensive.

Indeed! This is a trailer though.....so I can literally pull the mold right out. Treat the studs and joists as needed lol.

I'm going to have to reinforce them anyway because I'm adding weight to this place.

We are actually getting EcoSmart tankless water heaters. 3. A main one, then an individual for the laundry room and another for the kitchen.

Pricey but they last much longer and use less energy. Not doing that until after we replace ALL the plumbing. We are also gonna have to get a softener. The last person here put the main pipe in backwards. And put the electricity lines in backwards.

It costed us 800 dollars JUST to get the kitchen plumbing usable and we havent began replacing any plumbing yet LOL.

Last edited:

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Picking out a tankless water-heater and tub for the master bath. So many choices for the tub…. I kinda want a claw foot old school one.

What to do… what to do….

If you like baths, go for the claw foot. I miss mine at my old place. Me AND the ol' lady could fit in it lol.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
Picking out a tankless water-heater and tub for the master bath. So many choices for the tub…. I kinda want a claw foot old school one.

What to do… what to do….

If you like baths, go for the claw foot. I miss mine at my old place. Me AND the ol' lady could fit in it lol.

What to do… what to do….

Those are so pretty. I love that look

@The Countess ~ Me too! I had one in my Seattle Capitol Hill spot that was built in 1922 and fell in love.

@Blazor ~ I loved how big the tub was and you’re right about being able to fit 2 naked bodies in there! LOL

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Having a nice cup of coffee. Started using a French press. Makes the best. Oh yeah, fresh pineapple.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I'm having coffee and loving on this tiny little guy

20210730-092938.jpg

He was so scrawny and sick when we found him. I had to hand feed him with a dropper because he wouldn't suck. Or chew. His eyes were badly infected, he had a bad respiratory infection and the vet told me he probably wouldnt make it. He was full of ear mits. It was so sad what a mess this poor little guy was. No momma or littermates anywhere. We think he was the runt that got ditched by the colony.

But with the medicine and dropper feedings, and me pep talking him and begging him to live and grow....he started coming around. We moved onto to feeding him slurries(kitten replacer milk mixed with wet kitten food)....and now he eats everything and runs and plays.

He is still SO tiny. But he is so much better ♡ we call him Frodo Kittens lol.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
I'm having coffee and loving on this tiny little guy

20210730-092938.jpg

He was so scrawny and sick when we found him. I had to hand feed him with a dropper because he wouldn't suck. Or chew. His eyes were badly infected, he had a bad respiratory infection and the vet told me he probably wouldnt make it. He was full of ear mits. It was so sad what a mess this poor little guy was. No momma or littermates anywhere. We think he was the runt that got ditched by the colony.

But with the medicine and dropper feedings, and me pep talking him and begging him to live and grow....he started coming around. We moved onto to feeding him slurries(kitten replacer milk mixed with wet kitten food)....and now he eats everything and runs and plays.

He is still SO tiny. But he is so much better ♡ we call him Frodo Kittens lol.

Awwwww.

Frodo Kittens!!!!!

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Reading through an absolutely horrible legalese filled document trying to see if I qualify to file a claim for the five months of rent a renter didn't pay me. I did get the deadbeat bitch out, eventually, after hiring lawyers, but I still haven't gotten my back rent or legal fees. So far it doesn't look like I can file a claim from the state fund.