What R U doing...... RIGHT NOW!!?

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I was under the impression that there was National healthcare provided to Canadian citizens.

I'm aware that there are also private healthcare plans, but I'm unclear about how the system works in practice.

Everyone has free health care and some people have both... a government one AND a private one.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
You would rather drink alcohol and pop pills that can kill you?

I don't drink alcohol because I am a diabetic and I do use dangerous sleeping pills sometimes. I looked up my sleeping pills on the net and apparently they can cause cancer.

But if I don't take them (I don't take on weekends) I stay awake for 24 hours... it is horrible being an insomniac...

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I don't drink alcohol because I am a diabetic and I do use dangerous sleeping pills sometimes. I looked up my sleeping pills on the net and apparently they can cause cancer.

But if I don't take them (I don't take on weekends) I stay awake for 24 hours... it is horrible being an insomniac...

I suffer from insomnia from time to time. What have you tried beyond sleeping pills?

Flynn

Lion Heart Diva

You're pretty lucky in Australia. Here in the states they still prescribed high blood pressure medication that is outlawed in the U.K. for human consumption and only used on animals. Plus, here they prescribe Omeprazole to anyone with a stomach ache and it has been proven to make stomach ulcers worse and can cause cancer.

Most/all medicines aren't good for you, it's just the lesser of two evils.

How do you prescribe anti-nausea medication, when the side effects are nausea and vomiting?

We live in a strange, strange world.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I suffer from insomnia from time to time. What have you tried beyond sleeping pills?

The Chemist sells the Melatonin but they don't work that well...

once I am actually asleep it's hard to wake me up. It's getting off to sleep that bothers me.. I have always had a problem getting off to sleep from babyhood...

The planet is just too stimulating... I don't want miss out on anything.

Flynn

Lion Heart Diva

once I am actually asleep it's hard to wake me up. It's getting off to sleep that bothers me.. I have always had a problem getting off to sleep from babyhood...

Try Chamomile tea with warm milk.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

I hear you. But, all that stuff will be there when you wake up. I had to teach myself that.

I have the opposite sort of insomnia. I usually fall asleep ok. It's the waking up that kills me. I have difficulty falling back asleep.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
You're pretty lucky in Australia. Here in the states they still prescribed high blood pressure medication that is outlawed in the U.K. for human consumption and only used on animals. Plus, here they prescribe Omeprazole to anyone with a stomach ache and it has been proven to make stomach ulcers worse and can cause cancer.

Most/all medicines aren't good for you, it's just the lesser of two evils.

How do you prescribe anti-nausea medication, when the side effects are nausea and vomiting?

We live in a strange, strange world.

I have just gone on high blood pressure meds. My blood pressure was always perfect or low but in the last year it went from normal to 200 over 100 in the doctors office.

I am on lots of meds... thyroid, diabetes, high blood pressure...

Hopefully when the estate is settled, my life can go back to normal.

Last edited:

Flynn

Lion Heart Diva
I have just gone on high blood pressure meds. My blood pressure was always perfect or low but in the lastp year it went from normal to 200 over 100 in the doctors office.

UI am on lots of meds... thyroid diabetes, high blood pressure...

Hopefully when the estate is settled, my life can go back to normal.

200 over 100???

Your Systolic and Diastolic should never be that high. I'm glad you were at the doctors office when they took that reading. For some reason as we get older our blood pressure rises. I blame the high sodium content in food nowadays, and the chemicals used to preserve certain types of foods.

Those meds could also play a part in your Hypertension.

I hope you stay well, but you need to get that BP down to a normal and safe level.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I hear you. But, all that stuff will be there when you wake up. I had to teach myself that.

I have the opposite sort of insomnia. I usually fall asleep ok. It's the waking up that kills me. I have difficulty falling back asleep.

My husband is like that... He'll wake up an hour from now then stay up for 2 hours, then goes back to bed... his mum used to worry him but now she's dead so it's her stuff we have to deal with that worries him.

We have less than 2 weeks. You should see my place... it's like a bomb has hit it.

People have to stop hoarding...give it away, put it out for collection day... put it in Good Samaritan box.... don't fucking buy it in the first place...

Sorry but I have to vent somewhere.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
My husband is like that... He'll wake up an hour from now then stay up for 2 hours, then goes back to bed... his mum used to worry him but now she's dead so it's her stuff we have to deal with that worries him.

We have less than 2 weeks. You should see my place... it's like a bomb has hit it.

People have to stop hoarding...give it away, put it out for collection day... put it in Good Samaritan box.... don't fucking buy it in the first place...

I bet. I agree 100% with the hoarding. My partner has been dragging an old motorcyle around from move to move for eons.

I can't get him to get rid of it. Dude, decades later you still haven't fixed it or sold it as is...enough.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
200 over 100???

Your Systolic and Diastolic should never be that high. I'm glad you were at the doctors office when they took that reading. For some reason as we get older our blood pressure rises. I blame the high sodium content in food nowadays, and the chemicals used to preserve certain types of foods.

Those meds could also play a part in your Hypertension.

I hope you stay well, but you need to get that BP down to a normal and safe level.

I do like salty treats... the last time I took it, it was 150/77.... still too high but not life threatening.

Flynn

Lion Heart Diva
I do like salty treats... the last time I took it, it was 150/77.... still too high but not life threatening.

Well 150/77 is an improvement, but you gotta get that top number down. And those salty treats are not good for you. You need bland foods with very little sodium. Yes, I know eating healthy sucks but you gotta do what's good for you.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Well, it could be a signal of problems brewing. You did say you're already a diabetic. That is something you need to lower.

Get rid of sugar in your diet that don't come from fruit and sweet veggies. All forms. It's what I've done.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I bet. I agree 100% with the hoarding. My partner has been dragging an old motorcyle around from move to move for eons.

I can't get him to get rid of it. Dude, decades later you still haven't fixed it or sold it as is...enough.

My husband is like that with the Ford F 100 (or is it 250, I forget ?) lying dead on the driveway... he has 3 vehicles in his name.... I have one...

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH...

They have this thing about bloody cars or bikes..

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
My husband is like that with the Ford F 100 (or is it 250, I forget ?) lying dead on the driveway... he has 3 vehicles in his name.... I have one...

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH...

They have this thing about bloody cars or bikes..

I swear to God, if he dies first I'm cremating him and burying this bike.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Well 150/77 is an improvement, but you gotta get that top number down. And those salty treats are not good for you. You need bland foods with very little sodium. Yes, I know eating healthy sucks but you gotta do what's good for you.

Well actually my diet overall it good.... where I need improvement is exercise as in walking... I have to start treadmilling again...get my circulation moving...

Anyway... if I do drop dead I hope it is instant...the lucky ones drop dead instantly.

Flynn

Lion Heart Diva
Well actually my diet overall it good.... where I need improvement is exercise as in walking... I have to start treadmilling again...get my circulation moving...

Anyway... if I do drop dead I hope it is instant...the lucky ones drop dead instantly.

Exercise is key. Even a slow walk daily would work wonders for your BP. Even a treadmill would would help. Get to it, Grandma!

Well, I hope it's a long while, before you "drop dead." I for one would miss you and your non-stop complaining.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Seems you've had quite a few health challenges in the last year or two. I hope things start turning a corner for you.

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
That's how I am. My goal is to put myself down for 8 hours. My body needs the rest but I wake up in the middle of the night. I tried 'sleep drops' but I still woke up. CBD gummies helped but not always.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
That's how I am. My goal is to put myself down for 8 hours. My body needs the rest but I wake up in the middle of the night. I tried 'sleep drops' but I still woke up. CBD gummies helped but not always.

Before I retired it was so bad because I would wake up thinking...in 4 hours the alarm goes off...3 hours...

I tried not to, but it was so hard not to.

Now that I'm retired I'll read until I get sleepy again.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Seems you've had quite a few health challenges in the last year or two. I hope things start turning a corner for you.

3 yeaars.....1. Fybroid cyst embolization, 2. smashed my humerus bone, 3. Sepsis.... each condition took 6 months to get right.

Last edited:

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Before I retired it was so bad because I would wake up thinking...in 4 hours the alarm goes off...3 hours...

I tried not to, but it was so hard not to.

Now that I'm retired I'll read until I get sleepy again.

reading is good. I have a couple of books lined up.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

That's what I'm like. I'll fall asleep okay but staying asleep is a challange. I'll take melatonin sometimes and it does help.

If I take benadryl for my anxiety I'll zonk pretty hard that night. I can have 5 Ativans a month for break through panick attacks. They are narcotic so I use them very sparingly. I used to have intensely bad insomnia from my ptsd. For years i couldn't truly relax. Almost made me suicidal.

I cannot sleep in total darkness and quiet....I gotta have some background noise. Like a TV on. My bf always plays this YouTube channel while we sleep....some channel where a narrator is telling stories.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
3 yeaars.....1. Fybroid cyst embolization, 2. smashed my humerus bone, 3. Sepsis.... each condition took 6 months to get right.

I had to go to urgent care today because I got bit in the ass cheek by a spider. They cut it open...it was full of puss and blood clots. It's super deep too.

I was starting to run a mild fever and the doctor said if I had waited any longer I would have gotten very sick very quickly. He packed it. So I have to go back Tuesday and he is going to change the packing....he wants it to stay open for a week or so and make sure the infection is gone. They gave me an antibiotic shot in my other ass cheek.

So my whole entire ass hurts. I've never had this happen to me before. I really got bit.