What's for Dinner Tonight?

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
That repeated what I just said. Did you even read it?

I did. Did you? It said that grilled fish tacos have been probably eaten along the coasts of Mexico (beyond) Baja for probably thousands of years. So, that wasn't invented in San Diego.

I know this because I ate fish in tortillas (fish tacos) as a kid before this popular version from Baja.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
The arrogance...Mexicans don't know how to make fish tacos. A dish they invented.

Okay look - I JUST got here and I'm reading this conversation.

Where did I say Mexicans cannot do fish tacos? All I said was everytime we have ordered them they were NOT good. I didnt even say where we ordered them and YOU took it upon yourself to assume I'm insulting Mexicans and pick a fight in general over it.

And the astounding part is....you are calling ME arrogant. Stop projecting your character defects onto me.

So just to go ahead for the readers, I never ordered fish tacos from a Mexican restaurant. And even if I did....a lot of our Mexican restaurants are not even authentic. I had fish tacos at Rainforest Cafe in the Great Lakes Crossing mall. It is a sort of tradition we have (or had..havent done it in a few years) to go shopping at GLC mall during Christmas and then eat at the Rain Forest Cafe. The food is terrible and over priced....but when the girls were younger they loved it for the atmosphere.

Then I tried them again and some other place..cant recall the name, but it wasnt mexican.

So my post was saying the girls and I discussed fish tacos and how they sound good but we never liked them and how we want to try make them properly.

Just because this combative and narcissistic prick of a miserable woman thinks everything people say is about HER somehow and than actually calls other people arrogant after she picks stupid petty fights in boards that are not for fights. No where in my totally normal post did I say anything about Oak or Mexicans. Ms Arrogant here inserted that for an excuse to be a cunt as usual.

She takes one comment I made to someone else and twists it all into the fat Oak show and then calls other people arrogant. This is why people cannot stand this asshole.

Last edited:

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I did. Did you? It said that grilled fish tacos have been probably eaten along the coasts of Mexico (beyond) Baja for probably thousands of years. So, that wasn't invented in San Diego.

I know this because I ate fish in tortillas (fish tacos) as a kid before this popular version from Baja.

Well, anyone can grill fish, that much is true, without a doubt grilled fish tacos were first found in the US in San Diego and was certainly popularized here. We even have had numerous Mexican writers claiming they are inauthentic grigo versions of fish tacos. BTW the beer better used on the fried version from Ensenada still uses an American beer batter so it is still a bit of a fusion style to begin with.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Well, anyone can grill fish, that much is true, without a doubt grilled fish tacos were first found in the US in San Diego and was certainly popularized here. We even have had numerous Mexican writers claiming they are inauthentic grigo versions of fish tacos. BTW the beer better used on the fried version from Ensenada still uses an American beer batter so it is still a bit of a fusion style to begin with.

No, they just were not invented in the US. Mexican have been eating fish tacos for ages. That's just the way it is.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The funny thing is several taco styles which used to get deridded in Mexico 20-40 years ago as "grigo tacos" are now getting popular down in Baja. Just like you never used to see flour tortillas used with tacos down in Baja but now you do (before I only saw that in Sonora or in the US). Heck, one of the up and coming popular taco shops down there outright calls themselves "Tacos Yankee". So stuff is always evolving.

Last edited:

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
The funny thing is several taco styles which used to get deridded in Mexico 20-40 years ago as "grigo tacos" are now getting popular down in Baja. Just like you never used to see flour tortillas used with tacos down in Baja but now you do (before I only saw that in Sonora or in the US). Heck, one of the up and coming popular taco shops down there outright calls themselves "Tacos Yankee". So stuff is always evolving.

I dont really think that deeply into food lol. Not like its ethnicity or anything. I know if something is Mexican or Italian and all that but I dont dive into the whole history of it.

There is an authentic Mexican restaurant down in Detroit where I accidently ended up with goat meat. It wasnt horrid....but I didnt hate it. I wouldnt eat it again though.

I like goat cheese on certain kinds of pizza and salads. I'm not a fan of their meat.

If they had fish tacos...i would never eat fish in Detroit. I dont care how expensive the restaurant is or where the fish came from....no eating fish in Detroit.

We there is a YouTube channel where this guy goes into historic dishes though. Food from the mid evil period. Food from war times....like civil war rations. What was made on the Titanic for each passenger class on the night it sunk. And he makes the dishes. It's super interesting.

My besty loves this channel as well so we decided that we are gonna chose recipes and get togther once a month and make them. My daughter (the 17 year old) loves to cook and bake and she was making Great Depression era recipes for fun. Like water pie....which was truly disgusting lol.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

With that last video I had to have a little laugh. The guy complains that in Thailand that potato chip bag looks huge but that it is only around 1/3rd full with the rest being pressurized air (to protect the chips from breakage but also to make things look bigger while remaining cheap). The guy admitted he only paid $0.18 for the bag of chips so how much does he really expect to get for $0.18?

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
The tamales were BOMB.COM

His sister made the most delicious flan, which I broke my no sugar/dairy/gluten rule for (but only since it’s a holiday).

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Lasagna and Caesar salad. Now we are going to sit down as a family and watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail. We will see how the uprating goes on our new Sony 4k tv.

Last edited:

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Leftovers, we had quite a bit of prime rib from dinner last night.

How can you eat prime rib leftovers? Do you make it into something else? Good beef needs to be eaten right after it's cooked.

I hope you did something to spruce it up and make it edible.

Heathen!

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
I see Lily rolled her eyes over my spoken truth..

I'm glad that I don't have to endure the meals at her house though. It's obvious that she's not much chop in the kitchen or the barbecue and her white cuck bf wouldn't be any different.

Just sayin'

Sorry not sorry.

Good beef needs to be properly selected, cooked to perfection, and eaten while it's still hot.... just like lamb.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I had killer fish tacos again. With rice, beans, killer ioli and salsa.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
It was my wife's birthday on Saturday and we had Italian food here:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

We shared a Pazzo bread...I had a Chicken Parmigiana with a side Caesar salad.

And last night we went out to this restaurant:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

I had a pint of a local brewery's dark ale and the Pulled Porkwich with a side of coleslaw. Usually I have a schnitzel or pigtail or rolled rib dinner when I go there, but I decided to try the pulled pork and man it was good!!

X

xXx
Site Supporter
Why do you eat shit?
hey, John Cougar Mellonhead !! this is the sheriff

spn-supernatural.gif

keep your crying in Meltdown :ThumbsUp1:

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
I'm making my world famous ricotta cheese ravioli Ala Vodka which I make the pasta by hand and as an appetizer shrimp scampi

• Funny
Reactions: X

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
I'm making my world famous ricotta cheese ravioli Ala Vodka which I make the pasta by hand and as an appetizer shrimp scampi

As I five year old in Southern Jersey, Shrimp Scampi was all I would order if we dined out around the bend. I must have had OCD about scampi until I met a Broad Street cheese steak.... I could put away a whole one by age 7.... (with a 30 minute break)...