What's the last thing you purchased?

I also bought my wife matching pearl earrings....

IMG-20260918-182214548.jpg
I saw something like that at the Dollar Store quite recently Lex @The Prowler.

It also had a Certificate of Authenticity.
 
That is a Certificate of Evaluation.

I included it because it happened to be in the box.
I see these customs jewellery auctions in Vancouver Lex @The Prowler. They are items seized by border agents opr by the police.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

I attended one once. Im sure there are some very good deals in them including pearls, diamonds and other precious stones. Oddly the items which sold way over asking were metallic jewellery such as solid Gold rings, coins. Many others got only 10% to 25% of their asking price. If I was going to buy high end jewellery as an investment or resale Id go to customs auctions for deals. I haven't pursued that endeavor thO. The furthest I went in buying jewellery was buying a gold ring which has gone by 300% only because the price of gold has since skyrocketed
 
Last edited:
I see these customs jewellery auctions in Vancouver Lex @The Prowler. They are items seized by border agents opr by the police.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

I attended one once. Im sure there are some very good deals in them including pearls, diamonds and other precious stones. Oddly the items which sold way over asking were metallic jewellery such as solid Gold rings, coins. Many others got only 10% to 25% of their asking price. If I was going to buy high end jewellery as an investment or resale Id go to customs auctions for deals. I haven't pursued that endeavor thO. The furthest I went in buying jewellery was buying a gold ring which has gone by 300% only because the price of gold has since skyrocketed

Nobody cares, Joe.
 
Nobody cares, Joe.
Well nobody Cares about your pearls either Lex @The Prowler.

They look like something you got from the bargain bin at Costco.

Here's one of just a few pieces of Jewellery I've ever bought/owned Prowler:

50757939_3.jpg


.1 troy ounce Gold. Had it assayed with a $30,000 Olympus metal detector

50757939_1.jpg
 
Last edited:
This was not purchased by me, but given to me to celebrate a very special milestone.

252356_rev_1200.png



252356_pack1_1200.png


252356_revright_1200.png


252356_obv_1200.png
Nice coin Lex @The Prowler except for the funny lookin guy with the Big schnozz on the back.

Too bad King Charlie didn't inherit his dad's matinee idol good looks. He was a funny lookin kid with oversized ears when he was young too.

Only saving grace about his coins is given his health problems he won't be around much longer hence the relative scarcity of some of those coins.
 
Last edited:
71MhJYSYQ8L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_FMwebp_.jpg


A 2 TB CF Express B memory card for my camera from Amazon

Its only about 1" x 2" in actual size. Cost me over a whopping $1000 Canadian or about $700 USD.

Thing is next day the price shot up 40% to over $1500 canadian of $1100 USD.

The sale was officially over.

One of the accessories today's digital cameras can't do without. Thing it only holds as little as 1 hour of uncompressed full frame RAW video. So real movie making probably requires 4 or 8TB cards which are prohibitively expensive. Needless to say I don't plan ta buy too many more of them unless by chance I land some freelance jobs & the client pays for 'em.

Its more expensive than a decent camera lens.

Iran War will probably cause those tings to double in price so may as well buy them now than later.
 
Last edited: