Will California Governor Gavin Newsom be recalled?

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

...should he or should he not& Why?

and what happens? Does he have to step down?
Is there a Special Election? Is he allowed to run again?
Or do the Democrats drop him and choose someone else?

Neither for nor Against.

Just thought It's an interesting new story.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I sure hope so. Anything to break the absolute lock on power Democrats have in this state. Blacks still mindlessly vote Democrat but we are now seeing the majority of Latinos finally waking up and realizing just how bad Democrats truly are and how they always harm regular people. So there is hope

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I don't think this is a conspiracy or anything but it seems like really bad ballot design and someone should investigate how to fix it. No, people should not get to see what your secret ballot vote is for without opening the ballot. That is the whole point of secret ballots to begin with.

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I don't think this is a conspiracy or anything but it seems like really bad ballot design and someone should investigate how to fix it. No, people should not get to see what your secret ballot vote is for without opening the ballot. That is the whole point of secret ballots to begin with.

While I agree that it is the right of Californians to recall their Governor, I think he shouldn't be replaced by another person on the same ballot like Larry Elder.

Rather...they should force the State to hold another election to decide who the new governor is.

But...if that's California law, it's your state I suppose.

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Not just law but written into the state constitution.

I think that's not really an election.

It's more like a coup.

There should be another formal election.

Actually I think the next US state which may experience a similar situation might be New York.
Given the way the Democratic Party there knifed Cuomo in the back and installed their own puppet.

Those situations often don't end well either.

Last edited:

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Neither for nor Against.

This is just political BS, so NO. He fucking won the election (he was elected, Joe, not appointed), even though I don't like him. Things will NOT get better by recalling him. The only way to improve things is to get rid of the 2-party system and get rid of money in politics. Why does the right always do this in CA? It's BS.

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Neither for nor Against.

This is just political BS, so NO. He fucking won the election (he was elected, Joe, not appointed), even though I don't like him. Things will NOT get better by recalling him. The only way to improve things is to get rid of the 2-party system and get rid of money in politics. Why does the right always do this in CA? It's BS.

Sorry you are right. He WAS elected.

But I think at one point he succeeded a previous governor who stepped down.

Is that right?

Any event there should be another formal election, not replacing somebody on a recall ballot.

Last edited:

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

It's more like a coup.

Actually I think the next US state which may experience a similar situation might be New York.
Given the way the Democratic Party there knifed Cuomo in the back and installed their own puppet.

A coup is a military take over. Following the legal constitution as it was set up is in no way a coup. It is the legal constitutional system working as designed.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

It's more like a coup.

A coup is a military take over. Following the legal constitution as it was set up is in no way a coup. It is the legal constitutional system working as designed.

BS. This is a coup. An attempted one anyway.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Neither for nor Against.

Is that right?

Any event there should be another formal election, not replacing somebody on a recall ballot.

No. He was always elected. Jerry Brown was the previous governor. He didn't step down. His term ended.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Neither for nor Against.

Is that right?

No, he's never succeeded another Governor. He won his election. This is just a new thing for Republicans, they won't accept any outcome where they aren't the winners.

Admin.

The Flying Fickle Finger Of Fate.
Site Supporter ☠️

Neither for nor Against.

Is that right?

No, he's never succeeded another Governor. He won his election. This is just a new thing for Republicans, they won't accept any outcome where they aren't the winners.

This is part of the 'stop the steal' whine and cheat circuit.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

Neither for nor Against.

Is that right?

I think it’s better that you just put that cock back in your mouth I’m sorry to say.

a27d24_be7fd0e5925b4d6b83b1ffe51fc9efd6~mv2.jpeg

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

It's more like a coup.

Ok, so you are so delusional you think following the state constitution is some how a military "coup". You are a fucking idiot. The people are using the constitutionally provided remedy for situations like this and that is not a coup.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

Neither for nor Against.

Is that right?

I think it’s better that you just put that cock back in your mouth I’m sorry to say.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

3ac2cl.jpg

Trump Invited the Taliban to Camp David and negotiated a surrender without any Officials from the Official Afghan Government.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

It's more like a coup.

Ok, so you are so delusional you think following the state constitution is some how a military "coup". You are a fucking idiot. The people are using the constitutionally provided remedy for situations like this and that is not a coup.
Stop making up BS, this is just one more Trumptard temper tantrum.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Neither for nor Against.

Is that right?

Almost 60% of the people who signed the recall petition, which is a constitutional mandate, were not registered Republicans. Fact.

Last edited:

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Neither for nor Against.

Is that right?

3ac2cl.jpg

Trump Invited the Taliban to Camp David and negotiated a surrender without any Officials from the Official Afghan Government.

I thought Trump was a muhzie hating racist? This cant be right.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Neither for nor Against.

Is that right?

3ac2cl.jpg

Yeah idiot.....he made a peace deal so we could get out of Afghanistan more peacefully.

You guys didnt give a fuck than and you dont give a fuck now.

Funny how little you value American lives and this country that even with the disgusting exit Biden just fucked up the world with.....you have to go LIE and twist things about Trump when clearly you dont give a fuck what happens anyway.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

It's more like a coup.

Stop making up BS, this is just one more Trumptard temper tantrum.

Wow, you are a stupid person. You claim following the state constitution is "a coupe" and "a trumptard temper tantrum". Tell that to recalled former governor Gray Davis. Following the constitution is always legal and legitimate.

Last edited:

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
"Following the state constitution is a coup!" Said brain dead clueless losers. Please kill yourselves.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
"Following the state constitution is a coup!" Said brain dead clueless losers. Please kill yourselves.

In these peoples minds liberal democracy is like living with the taliban and ONLY their side gets to benefit from the Constitution.

We aren't allowed to have any rights or liberties they dont dictate to us.

That's how they think. We shouldn't have a voice in how our lives go.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Neither for nor Against.

Is that right?

Mo Brooks was booed when he told the Alabama attendees at a rally to move on from the Big Lie. Trump was booed by some in the crowd when he told them to get vaccinated because he was.

I think they should all go get horse medicine. Why not? They have all the answers.

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Even so, there should still be a new election to decide who the next governor will be.

Your state tho.