Wise move, CMA

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
CMA Fest bans Confederate flags and imagery for 1st time: It 'will not be tolerated'

The CMA Festival has banned Confederate flags and imagery.

The four-day event, which takes place June 9 to 12 in Nashville, brings country music's biggest stars. But — for the first time — there is a ban on "Confederate flag imagery of any kind" on festival grounds, according to the event's
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

It states Confederate flag imagery "will NOT be permitted at any CMA Fest location," as it's widely viewed as a symbol of racism, slavery and segregation in the U.S. Those who show up at the event, which typically draws about 50,000 country music fans, displaying it could be refused admittance without refund of admission.

Admin.

What would Tyler Durden Do
Site Supporter ☠️
Wonder when being White will be enough to be denied entry...
giphy.gif

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
CMA Fest bans Confederate flags and imagery for 1st time: It 'will not be tolerated'

The four-day event, which takes place June 9 to 12 in Nashville, brings country music's biggest stars. But — for the first time — there is a ban on "Confederate flag imagery of any kind" on festival grounds, according to the event's

It states Confederate flag imagery "will NOT be permitted at any CMA Fest location," as it's widely viewed as a symbol of racism, slavery and segregation in the U.S. Those who show up at the event, which typically draws about 50,000 country music fans, displaying it could be refused admittance without refund of admission.

...seems a bit severe.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

...seems a bit severe.

You think so? This country is being torn apart by all this shit that needs to be buried and you think banning a flag is a big deal?

I don't know about you.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

...seems a bit severe.

A bit severe? I think displaying the confederate flag is a bit severe.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Democracy shouldnt be about banning everything. Instead it should be more about regulating things so they don't get out of hand.

Im not into Confederate flags but I just accept that they exist.

Heck why not ban the flag of the old USSR? Joseph Stalin murdered & enslaved millions more (White) people than the Old Confederacy could ever have done to Blacks. Or how Soviet soldiers raped their way through Europe during WWII just like Russia is doing to the Ukraine recently. Yet I still see people who wave the old Soviet flag around & glorify that ideology.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Democracy shouldnt be about banning everything. Instead it should be more about regulating things so they don't get out of hand.

Im not into Confederate flags but I just accept that they exist.

Heck why not ban the flag of the old USSR? Joseph Stalin murdered & enslaved millions more (White) people than the Old Confederacy could ever have done to Blacks. Or how Soviet soldiers raped their way through Europe during WWII just like Russia is doing to the Ukraine recently. Yet I still see people who wave the old Soviet flag around & glorify that ideology.

Because this whole confederate flag waving thing is causing serious issues in the US. It is ridiculous. That flag is clearly a symbol of slavery, and waving it is bullshit. Russia has to deal with their own history. The US needs to deal with its history.