WT actual F

Admin.

The Flying Fickle Finger Of Fate.
Site Supporter ☠️
The historian directly responded to that lie. I guess you are to lazy to bother listening to one of 13 people who wrote (majority of them were black BTW).
So Slaves were able to earn a competitive wage based on their newly taught job skills? Were they able to offer their skills to different employers on an open Jobs Market Place for wage and or responsibility advances? Were Slaves allowed to accumulate there "surplus" earnings in some kind of a savings or investment account? Were all slaves allowed to live as a nuclear family without risk of husband, wife, or child being sold? Did slave children inherit from their parents estate?

Last edited:

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Other historians have chimed in as well.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Haha! Politifact. That site lies, lies, lies Just another hyper partisan outlet lying and pretending to be a fact checking site.

Anyway, I see the usual suspects are continuing to ignore reality and are just running with the lies they have been spoon fed. Pathetic but predictable.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Haha! Politifact. That site lies, lies, lies Just another hyper partisan outlet lying and pretending to be a fact checking site.

Anyway, I see the usual suspects are continuing to ignore reality and are just running with the lies they have been spoon fed. Pathetic but predictable.

The Florida curriculum that was banned was developed by Henry Louis Gates, prominent scholar and director of the
at

I see you one professor (Allen) and up the ante by one prominent scholar.

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
Oerdin, really.

I, for one, have taken the time to read the comments made by Allen on Fox News. Here's a salient passage (and a direct Allen quote):

"We’re talking about the experience of oppression and how people respond to the experience of oppression, and we want people to recognize that there’s an opposite to Stockholm Syndrome. People don’t necessarily simply embrace their oppressors when they’re oppressed. They also react adaptively and they find ways to make pathways for themselves even in the presence of oppression," he said. "That’s what calls upon their resourcefulness, their resilience and their adaptability."

The issue I have with this is that "the experience of oppression" is, in fact, NOT what the Stop W.O.K.E. Act is intended to highlight. Rather the opposite holds true. The Act is intended to downplay the experience of oppression in a blatantly disingenuous manner.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

Shouldn't you be out chasing cars on the interstate?

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

Says the soft headed dolt that has posted hundreds of Andy Ngo and other highly doubtful sources.

"....and they're walking around like normal people, and they don't know they're stupid"

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
Please let's keep that kind of commentary to meltdown. We're trying to keep the discussions as drama free as possible.
Just trying to answer tit for tat. I will back off and let 0'Bruh do what he does.

OP
OP
Murdy

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
Shouldn't you be out chasing cars on the interstate?

Or googling WOKE… it’s not anti progressive values as the conservatives would like you to think ~

Black American folk singer-songwriter Huddie Ledbetter, a.k.a. Lead Belly, used the phrase "stay woke" as part of a spoken afterword to a 1938 recording of his song "Scottsboro Boys" which tells the story of nine black teenagers and young men falsely accused of raping two white women in Alabama in 1931.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
Or googling WOKE… it’s not anti progressive values as the conservatives would like you to think ~

Black American folk singer-songwriter Huddie Ledbetter, a.k.a. Lead Belly, used the phrase "stay woke" as part of a spoken afterword to a 1938 recording of his song "Scottsboro Boys" which tells the story of nine black teenagers and young men falsely accused of raping two white women in Alabama in 1931.
Or even more simply the antonym of "Woke" is what? You are correct "Asleep" is the opposite of Woke.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The Florida curriculum that was banned was developed by Henry Louis Gates, prominent scholar and director of the
at

I see you one professor (Allen) and up the ante by one prominent scholar.
Yes, and it was ideological garbage which broke the governments neutrality rules. Education based upon facts and not political ideology. Hell, the new Florida standards mainly use primary sources often the writings of slaves or former slaves themselves which is probably the most empowering thing possible. The old ones made up a politically motivated story about slavery and the new one has former slaves speaking in their own words.

We both know which one is better.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Oerdin, really.

I, for one, have taken the time to read the comments made by Allen on Fox News. Here's a salient passage (and a direct Allen quote):

"We’re talking about the experience of oppression and how people respond to the experience of oppression, and we want people to recognize that there’s an opposite to Stockholm Syndrome. People don’t necessarily simply embrace their oppressors when they’re oppressed. They also react adaptively and they find ways to make pathways for themselves even in the presence of oppression," he said. "That’s what calls upon their resourcefulness, their resilience and their adaptability."

The issue I have with this is that "the experience of oppression" is, in fact, NOT what the Stop W.O.K.E. Act is intended to highlight. Rather the opposite holds true. The Act is intended to downplay the experience of oppression in a blatantly disingenuous manner.
Show where it says anything like that. You literally quoted what the man said then wrongly claimed he somehow had a super secret agenda without any evidence what so ever. Basically, you just ignored everything written and said then claimed a secret conspiracy without any evidence. Take the tin foil off, dude.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Yes, and it was ideological garbage which broke the governments neutrality rules. Education based upon facts and not political ideology. Hell, the new Florida standards mainly use primary sources often the writings of slaves or former slaves themselves which is probably the most empowering thing possible. The old ones made up a politically motivated story about slavery and the new one has former slaves speaking in their own words.

We both know which one is better.

The fact is blacks didn't benefit from slavery.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I see you still failed to read. No one made that claim other than lying leftists. As the historian explained they included examples of slaves and former slaves to action using their own agency to improve their situation. Lying leftists lied and twisted that into the hogwash you wrote.

He specifically spoke about that and quoted what the standards said. You obviously didn't watch it this why you keep repeating made up falsehoods.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
I see you still failed to read. No one made that claim other than lying leftists. As the historian explained they included examples of slaves and former slaves to action using their own agency to improve their situation. Lying leftists lied and twisted that into the hogwash you wrote.

He specifically spoke about that and quoted what the standards said. You obviously didn't watch it this why you keep repeating made up falsehoods.
We need to see some factual data to back up your claims that black slaves had all the rights and responsibilities as their white masters, or STFU.

PS, Ima come by in the morning and pick up the younger boy, I have a buyer interested.

Reggie_Essent

An Claidheam Anam
We need to see some factual data to back up your claims that black slaves had all the rights and responsibilities as their white masters, or STFU.

PS, Ima come by in the morning and pick up the younger boy, I have a buyer interested.

So, were you a house nigger or a field nigger in your past life?

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Only some of the people that were noted as exemplars of those who benefitted were:

1) Never slaves were free

"Several critics argued that nearly half of the 16 historic figures highlighted by the state were never enslaved. Others, who did spend time in slavery, did not gain their skills from their servitude."

2) Did not gain the skills from their servitude

Reggie_Essent

An Claidheam Anam
Predictable Reggie posting.

*squawk* Communits *squawk* Marxist *squawk*
It's just another of those irrefutable truths I sometimes bestow upon those I choose to grace with my attention.

It's also another of those irrefutable truths that your intransigence compels you to ignore and refuse to acknowledge so you try to deflect into a joke. (Even though as mod here you should want to stimulate discussion.)

So, do you think Admin was a negro slave in a past life? It would explain his almost-passion in this very thread. In fact, it would explain a lot about friend Admin. I think the over/under on Admin having been a House nigger or a Field Hand in a past life is 80/20 House nigger.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
So Slaves were able to earn a competitive wage based on their newly taught job skills? Were they able to offer their skills to different employers on an open Jobs Market Place for wage and or responsibility advances? Were Slaves allowed to accumulate there "surplus" earnings in some kind of a savings or investment account? Were all slaves allowed to live as a nuclear family without risk of husband, wife, or child being sold? Did slave children inherit from their parents estate?

Nobody said they had equal rights to their white masters.

Just that they benefited from slavery.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
All reps at the state and federal levels should be required to pass history, civics, and critical thinking clasases.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
It's just another of those irrefutable truths I sometimes bestow upon those I choose to grace with my attention.

It's also another of those irrefutable truths that your intransigence compels you to ignore and refuse to acknowledge so you try to deflect into a joke. (Even though as mod here you should want to stimulate discussion.)

So, do you think Admin was a negro slave in a past life? It would explain his almost-passion in this very thread. In fact, it would explain a lot about friend Admin. I think the over/under on Admin having been a House nigger or a Field Hand in a past life is 80/20 House nigger.

You're a broken record and repeat the same things years later. It's as if you haven't read a book since 1972.

You apply it to everything, whether it addresses the topic or not.