OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
@Murdock

180619233_2248364761964855_5798736465307493774_n.jpg

While I agree the Woke Culture should leave most of these Confederate Monuments alone, I find your worship of Southern Military heroes glorifies a Plantaiton Class who were essentially the 1%ers of that era. They were like the Bill Gates & Jeff Bezos of their time. They ordered everyone around and directed the poor classes in the South to go to War. I think what;s needed is a more honest account of that time. Americans should be taught that most White Southerners did not own slaves & that it was a small minority, however unjust the institution was. It'd be refresihng if there more histories of what it was like to be the other 99% of White Southerners who didn't have it so great in the anteblellum era. But I somewhat agree that the Establishment tends to villify the South too much & wants to tear down all of their cultural and historical symbols. They want to erase history instead of preserving it.

Why should I not honor them? They fought for what was right. To say they glorify the plantation class, would be the same as saying I shouldnt honor the founding fathers, cause that would be glorifying the plantation class as well. You cant hold todays standards to that time period. You are right about the part that only the rich owned slaves though. And if 70-80% of Virginian men fought, you know most were poor, and did not own slaves. Virginia at one time produced great men. A lot of the founding fathers, and Southern military leaders came from Virginia. You also know that the North owned a lot slaves too right? I would also hope that you know that ALL slaves were sold to the South from the North. Yet, as you say, the South gets the villain treatment, while the North should of been held way more accountable.

What I'm getting at...it seems rather one dimensional to just honor these figures of history who belonged to the Southern Elites.

What I kinda like about Black History Month is you hear stories mostly from people who were poor like slaves.
And yet we hardly ever hear about histories of poor Southern Whites and how saw things.
I think much Southern histtory is usually told from the perspective of plantation owners and the Elite classes.
So it's somewhat misleading, and maybe that's why everyone thinks all White Southerners owned slaves.
But it'd be interesting to read about the lives of poor White Southerns - who were the majority - the ordinary folk.
ie - early Southern pioneers who settled the South. Like - do they have any museusm about them?
I know they do in Canada - people who lived in log cabins, lived the rustic 19th century life.
You can go to these museums to find out how they lived and dressed etc.

Also as I pointed out in another thread, little credit is given to Southern Whites for their cultural influence orc ontributions to America.

ie - bluegrass, country, hoknytonk, rock 'n roll.

So, if they went behond just worshipping military heroes, perhaps we'd see a different side of Southern heritage.

But I tend to agree, that the US Estlablishment which is Northern based, paints the South with one brush & vilinizes them all the time. So that in itself is not a recipe for healing or achieving national unity, if that's what they say they desire.

Here is the thing, just cause they were Southern Elites, didnt make them "the elites". A lot of the Radical Republicans were the "elite" of their time, and lived up North. Robert E Lee for instance, was known to endure the living conditions of the soldiers he rode with a lot of the times.

We dont worship our heroes, we honor them, and hold them dear in memory, for standing up against the tyrants that came down burning, looting and murdering.

The other thing to think about, is education. A lot of times the poor didnt get a proper education, having to work with family on the land instead. So maybe a lot of stuff didnt get wrote down? Instead, a lot was told to family and friends. Im sure some at some point things got wrote down.

I think its the way of the world in a way, many times stories of the poor are not told, only the richer ones get their stories told. It is nice when one does hear those stories of the poor though, and things they done.

For instance, you mention music, that was a way the Mountain folk passed joyful times together. Music always hits home with me.

You mention museums, about the poor, but I really dont know what kind thing like that exists. Usually its just history in museums, but I dont usually see poor vs rich sections, its all history lol.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
We are in this position because we allowed this ideology of oppression to spread and take hold of all the countries institutions and steep into all our media and entertainment.

WE allowed it. We allowed Democrat strongholds and a political establishment to benefit for decades off the backs of citizens.

It's our fault. Us and our philosophy of liberty and leaving people the fuck alone.

Its global now. Horribly global. We are gonna end up with a rerun mesh of WW1 and WW2.

Its so crazy, cause in a way you're right. We let them be themselves, had their voice. Then they got carried away, and now want to oppress us.

Its funny, how those supporting these fucks, are the same ones that wind up getting their place vandalized anyway, no matter how many BLM, anti racism signs they put up.

This last batch of bullshit over the past decade or more needs to be flushed down the sewer like the turd it is.

They are striking at our First and Second Amendment Rights, the 2 most sacred ones. This wont be allowed, or tolerated much longer. Cause they will keep chip-chip-chipping away, til they control everything. Its pretty damn close to that now.

they know if they don’t riot in major cities that nothing will change... it’s not that difficult, seriously

I can understand the frustration in black community when you have the cops in the philando castile & Eric Garner cases not even being brought to trial; but you are doing no justice when you immediately demonize cops in EVERY instance where a black person is shot.

There are true instances of police brutality that warrant public outrage and there are instances where the idiot gets what they have coming and when you conflate the two you tend to lose people who would otherwise stand by your cause.

You can support the black community and their cause without being a spineless narrative gobbling lemming. I've been doing it for decades.

And by “support” you mean terrorizing online black forums like Lipstick Alley *rolls eyes*

Face it, Mr. Man... you don’t care because you’re not oppressed and/or stuck in poverty. You’re more hellbent on keeping a system in place that has not worked for the last 2 centuries because you’re completely out of touch of how bad the ghettos actually are since your own thug reform... while you are endangering ALL of us, our children and future generations of this country with your fascist BS

The system works very well for people who bother to work. That is not mythical "fascism" that is simply the hard truth. This is why immigrant blacks do so well where as American blacks (such as the 45% who are on welfare) don't do well but the 55% who get jobs do pretty well. Just ask Thomas Sowell.

You're right, immigrant blacks do good, and they actually despise American blacks.

I grew up in poor black communities, unlike Murdock prolly. These people are not oppressed. I have seen many, many things.

Once they get on the system, they stay on the system. They feel "why work, when I get all this money and benefits". They actually get more, than if they worked a regular job. But if you get a regular job, then you dont get shit, thus hurting them financially. So to them its much easier staying home instead of working.

On the system, you pretty much get free housing, free food, free money for more food, utility assistance, a free Obama phone, free medical care, free clothes, free Christmas presents, and money as well, etc. Have more kids.... get more money and food and assistance.

Its set up, that you have a mom and kids, mom showing she dont work, so ALL the benefits to the max. The dad, either dont work, or sells drugs, or steals peoples shit, etc. If the dad does work, its kept secret, since his name usually isnt included on the lease, nor married, so the income dont count.

Its insane.

Im not saying all of them milk that shit, but the vast majority do. Why say no to free shit?

I live paycheck to paycheck, and when my wife died, I still had to raise my son. Finances got tight, so I went and asked for some food help. I got denied, cause to them I made too much. I simply needed a lil help at the time. I know some people actually need help now and then. So I did what I learned growing up in them times, and I went to a church asking for food. They usually have a food bank. Give ya a box of staples. It helped, which was all I needed at the time.

But when these fuckers that cheat and milk it all, it dont leave any help for those that need it when time comes.

The ones that cheat, they buy $2000 rims, go shopping all the time, eating steak with their food money, and sell the rest of the food money for actual money so they can party with it. Its fucking insane.

Oppressed my ass!

That welfare system is designed to keep people on it.

It literally incentivizes single motherhood. If you marry the father of your children, you dont qualify for much help. So black families are not supported. I know a couple that was struggling so hard they divorced so they could get help.

So let's say you have a single mom with 5 kids. She has a job and makes like 10 bucks an hour. She relies on childcare, food, and medical insurance from the state. And section 8. Shes JUST getting by.

Now let's say she get a dollar raise(which is a big one if you are poor and on welfare).

Now her section 8 costs go up so much it just eats her raise and dips into the rest of her earnings. She loses a few hundred dollars in food, and loses her medical. Her kid has asthma and out of pocket costs are insane.

So basically her raise completely fucked her. Instead of getting a tad more ahead, it threw her into the gutter and now she cant afford to survive. She even loses childcare so now...unless she has people that can watch the kids, she cant even work and ends up in a shelter starting from scratch. All because she worked hard and got a stinking dollar raise.

That's a more realistic picture of the welfare system. The state essentially holds them hostage. They dont know much about politics because fussing about politics is a luxury for people who dont have to constantly stress survival. But they've been told democrats are good, for the people.....and republicans are for the rich and will take your benefits.

So.....you see the problem. Like you said, if you make "too much" you dont get help....even if you still are not making enough. That goes for people on the system.....they have to stay poor because that in between will wreck their life.

It needs to be set up to reward raise and help people get skills and support and help families instead of penalizing them.

Not just throwing the bare minimum at people and not working with them to help them get off it.

There are people who certainly abuse it. A more interactive and supportive program would help weed that out AND help the people who truly need it to get themselves stable on their own.

Democrats like to keep low income black people as hostages who will keep voting for them out of fear of losing their benefits.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
We are in this position because we allowed this ideology of oppression to spread and take hold of all the countries institutions and steep into all our media and entertainment.

WE allowed it. We allowed Democrat strongholds and a political establishment to benefit for decades off the backs of citizens.

It's our fault. Us and our philosophy of liberty and leaving people the fuck alone.

Its global now. Horribly global. We are gonna end up with a rerun mesh of WW1 and WW2.

Its so crazy, cause in a way you're right. We let them be themselves, had their voice. Then they got carried away, and now want to oppress us.

Its funny, how those supporting these fucks, are the same ones that wind up getting their place vandalized anyway, no matter how many BLM, anti racism signs they put up.

This last batch of bullshit over the past decade or more needs to be flushed down the sewer like the turd it is.

They are striking at our First and Second Amendment Rights, the 2 most sacred ones. This wont be allowed, or tolerated much longer. Cause they will keep chip-chip-chipping away, til they control everything. Its pretty damn close to that now.

they know if they don’t riot in major cities that nothing will change... it’s not that difficult, seriously

I can understand the frustration in black community when you have the cops in the philando castile & Eric Garner cases not even being brought to trial; but you are doing no justice when you immediately demonize cops in EVERY instance where a black person is shot.

There are true instances of police brutality that warrant public outrage and there are instances where the idiot gets what they have coming and when you conflate the two you tend to lose people who would otherwise stand by your cause.

You can support the black community and their cause without being a spineless narrative gobbling lemming. I've been doing it for decades.

And by “support” you mean terrorizing online black forums like Lipstick Alley *rolls eyes*

Face it, Mr. Man... you don’t care because you’re not oppressed and/or stuck in poverty. You’re more hellbent on keeping a system in place that has not worked for the last 2 centuries because you’re completely out of touch of how bad the ghettos actually are since your own thug reform... while you are endangering ALL of us, our children and future generations of this country with your fascist BS

The system works very well for people who bother to work. That is not mythical "fascism" that is simply the hard truth. This is why immigrant blacks do so well where as American blacks (such as the 45% who are on welfare) don't do well but the 55% who get jobs do pretty well. Just ask Thomas Sowell.

You're right, immigrant blacks do good, and they actually despise American blacks.

I grew up in poor black communities, unlike Murdock prolly. These people are not oppressed. I have seen many, many things.

Once they get on the system, they stay on the system. They feel "why work, when I get all this money and benefits". They actually get more, than if they worked a regular job. But if you get a regular job, then you dont get shit, thus hurting them financially. So to them its much easier staying home instead of working.

On the system, you pretty much get free housing, free food, free money for more food, utility assistance, a free Obama phone, free medical care, free clothes, free Christmas presents, and money as well, etc. Have more kids.... get more money and food and assistance.

Its set up, that you have a mom and kids, mom showing she dont work, so ALL the benefits to the max. The dad, either dont work, or sells drugs, or steals peoples shit, etc. If the dad does work, its kept secret, since his name usually isnt included on the lease, nor married, so the income dont count.

Its insane.

Im not saying all of them milk that shit, but the vast majority do. Why say no to free shit?

I live paycheck to paycheck, and when my wife died, I still had to raise my son. Finances got tight, so I went and asked for some food help. I got denied, cause to them I made too much. I simply needed a lil help at the time. I know some people actually need help now and then. So I did what I learned growing up in them times, and I went to a church asking for food. They usually have a food bank. Give ya a box of staples. It helped, which was all I needed at the time.

But when these fuckers that cheat and milk it all, it dont leave any help for those that need it when time comes.

The ones that cheat, they buy $2000 rims, go shopping all the time, eating steak with their food money, and sell the rest of the food money for actual money so they can party with it. Its fucking insane.

Oppressed my ass!

It literally incentivizes single motherhood. If you marry the father of your children, you dont qualify for much help. So black families are not supported. I know a couple that was struggling so hard they divorced so they could get help.

So let's say you have a single mom with 5 kids. She has a job and makes like 10 bucks an hour. She relies on childcare, food, and medical insurance from the state. And section 8. Shes JUST getting by.

Now let's say she get a dollar raise(which is a big one if you are poor and on welfare).

Now her section 8 costs go up so much it just eats her raise and dips into the rest of her earnings. She loses a few hundred dollars in food, and loses her medical. Her kid has asthma and out of pocket costs are insane.

So basically her raise completely fucked her. Instead of getting a tad more ahead, it threw her into the gutter and now she cant afford to survive.

That's a more realistic picture of the welfare system. The state essentially holds them hostage. They dont know much about politics because fussing about politics is a luxury for people who dont have to constantly stress survival. But they've been told democrats are good, for the people.....and republicans are for the rich and will take your benefits.

So.....you see the problem. Like you said, if you make "too much" you dont get help....even if you still are not making enough. That goes for people on the system.....they have to stay poor because that in between will wreck their life.

It needs to be set up to reward raise and help people get skills and support and help families instead of penalizing them.

Not just throwing the bare minimum at people and not working with them to help them get off it.

There are people who certainly abuse it. A more interactive and supportive program would help weed that out AND help the people who truly need it to get themselves stable on their own.

Democrats like to keep low income black people as hostages who will keep voting for them out of fear of losing their benefits.

Bingo!!! Thats how it is!

I know I said some dont milk the system, and I feel you are speaking of those people now. Earlier I was mostly talking of the milkers lol.

So, if you didnt know, my mom had just turned 16 when I popped out. Her and my dad married, but divorced when I was 1. I'll spare all those details, but basically I lived with my great grandparents on the weekdays, and with my great aunt on the weekends, til I was 5. Those were the good days, especially at my great aunts, who lived in a one room shack, roof shingles for siding, with no indoor plumbing, no electricity, oil lamp for light, and pot belly stove for heat. I loved it there, especially with all the animals. I remember some of preschool, and remember mom moving in with my great grandparents around the summer before kindergarten. I remember moving in with mom, but was able to go to the same school still. Looking back I know mom was struggling, but we were in the deep ghetto. I hated how the place felt. Felt cold and dark and empty. Plus I didnt even know my mom much at that point. All was kinda scary and depressing. She would carry a .38 in her purse. Anyway, we moved around a lot, more than once a year. I had lived in 20 places growing up. All in Section 8, mostly ghetto. Mom had an accident while working as a security guard when I was 6, working at a hockey game, and a hockey puck went airborne and struck her almost right between the eyes. Fucked her up, but cosmetically she wound up ok, broken nose. It messed up her head. Seemed normal, but couldnt learn anything new in a way, was weird. So she went out on disability. And thats how we wound up in the system.

Now after typing all that lol. You have an idea in a way of my background. Much more than that, thats the shorty lol.

But, I was working up to when I started working. I started working summers when I was 14. I wanted an early start, I didnt want to wind up like mom. BUT the way the fucking system is, I couldnt work! When I was 16 I worked full time year round, but then it affected my moms benefits. Everything either went away, or bills skyrocketed, and mom would ask me to quit. So I had to cheat the system in a way, and could work 3 months somewhere before they would catch on, then I would have to quit again. No way I could get ahead, and it fucked mom. Mom hated it, she actually went to the local paper, and got a big front page article on how unfair the system is, wrote to congress men and everything. I still got that newspaper.

I got kicked out when I was 18, called her a bitch lol. I wasnt off the phone fast enough for her, and she ripped the cord out the wall while I was talking to my gf, so I called her a bitch lol. Well she called the law lol, I had to leave in January that night. I lived here and there couple weeks at a time, then with my aunt for 6 months. Mom wanted me to move back, and I did for a few months, then moved out into my first place.

She was on the up too by then, finally got approved of HUD housing, and was soon able to get a cheap home, her dream. But then she died, cause of her psycho ex. They say it was suicide, but I still swear I think her ex had something to do with it. Long story on that one. She had too much to look forward to to do that.

Im in a talkative mode lol, damn coffee lol. I prolly typed too much lol.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Its insane.

Oppressed my ass!

So basically her raise completely fucked her. Instead of getting a tad more ahead, it threw her into the gutter and now she cant afford to survive. She even loses childcare so now...unless she has people that can watch the kids, she cant even work and ends up in a shelter starting from scratch. All because she worked hard and got a stinking dollar raise.

I would support in work benefits for a year or two. I know with section 8 if you work and make more money they will freeze your portion of the rent for one year and they even have a savings program where if you open a savings account they will match what ever savings you put into it up to $2500 (which means people who save $2500 will double their money to $5000). They also have a program called "a home of your own" which gives them a subsidized FHA Loan and even more matching funds in order to allow them to ourchase a cheap house and thus get themselves off of section 8.

So there are programs with in work benefits and a grace periods. Ultimately, people have to be self motivated to make a budget, a plan, and be willing to do things for themselves pro-actively though. The good people use the helping hand to get back onto their feet and then graduate off the welfare system. The bad ones? They are now on their fourth generation of ducking up welfare without working and have zero intentions to ever change or better themselves. He'll, education is free for low income people and while some take advantage of that in order to qualify themselves for a better paying job many, many, many do not because they are happy not working and getting free stuff.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

They will not only allow section 8 people to save and receive matching funds but if they use this HUD program with the savings they will get down payment assistance and be able to keep their section 8 subsidy in order to pay the mortgage for their new home.

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Im glad to see some of these programs now Oerdin, long ago they didnt have 'em. HUD did not exist when I was a kid.

People that could use actual help, deserve those things. The moochers, not so much. They need to go back to Indentured Servitude for them fuckers lol.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
With the savings program people who get a raise (like in Dove's example) can put the extra money into the savings program and the amount saved is deducted from total income. That means it does not count against them with total earnings caps so their benefits remain the same plus they also get the matching funds (up to $2500). The idea is to allow people to earn more and put the money towards savings for a down payment and assuming they qualify for a subsidized HUD loan they can even keep their section 8 in order to use it to pay a mortgage.

If people bothered to speak with their case manager or read the documents mailed to them or viewed the emails sent to them then they would know about these things. Many, maybe even most, don't bother. Who's fault is that? My big problem with the left is not helping people in need, we should do that within limits, my problem is when they lie and deny any personal responsibility at all. If people are unwilling to help themselves then they do not deserve any public help.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Its insane.

Oppressed my ass!

So basically her raise completely fucked her. Instead of getting a tad more ahead, it threw her into the gutter and now she cant afford to survive.

Bingo!!! Thats how it is!

I know I said some dont milk the system, and I feel you are speaking of those people now. Earlier I was mostly talking of the milkers lol.

So, if you didnt know, my mom had just turned 16 when I popped out. Her and my dad married, but divorced when I was 1. I'll spare all those details, but basically I lived with my great grandparents on the weekdays, and with my great aunt on the weekends, til I was 5. Those were the good days, especially at my great aunts, who lived in a one room shack, roof shingles for siding, with no indoor plumbing, no electricity, oil lamp for light, and pot belly stove for heat. I loved it there, especially with all the animals. I remember some of preschool, and remember mom moving in with my great grandparents around the summer before kindergarten. I remember moving in with mom, but was able to go to the same school still. Looking back I know mom was struggling, but we were in the deep ghetto. I hated how the place felt. Felt cold and dark and empty. Plus I didnt even know my mom much at that point. All was kinda scary and depressing. She would carry a .38 in her purse. Anyway, we moved around a lot, more than once a year. I had lived in 20 places growing up. All in Section 8, mostly ghetto. Mom had an accident while working as a security guard when I was 6, working at a hockey game, and a hockey puck went airborne and struck her almost right between the eyes. Fucked her up, but cosmetically she wound up ok, broken nose. It messed up her head. Seemed normal, but couldnt learn anything new in a way, was weird. So she went out on disability. And thats how we wound up in the system.

Now after typing all that lol. You have an idea in a way of my background. Much more than that, thats the shorty lol.

But, I was working up to when I started working. I started working summers when I was 14. I wanted an early start, I didnt want to wind up like mom. BUT the way the fucking system is, I couldnt work! When I was 16 I worked full time year round, but then it affected my moms benefits. Everything either went away, or bills skyrocketed, and mom would ask me to quit. So I had to cheat the system in a way, and could work 3 months somewhere before they would catch on, then I would have to quit again. No way I could get ahead, and it fucked mom. Mom hated it, she actually went to the local paper, and got a big front page article on how unfair the system is, wrote to congress men and everything. I still got that newspaper.

I got kicked out when I was 18, called her a bitch lol. I wasnt off the phone fast enough for her, and she ripped the cord out the wall while I was talking to my gf, so I called her a bitch lol. Well she called the law lol, I had to leave in January that night. I lived here and there couple weeks at a time, then with my aunt for 6 months. Mom wanted me to move back, and I did for a few months, then moved out into my first place.

She was on the up too by then, finally got approved of HUD housing, and was soon able to get a cheap home, her dream. But then she died, cause of her psycho ex. They say it was suicide, but I still swear I think her ex had something to do with it. Long story on that one. She had too much to look forward to to do that.

Im in a talkative mode lol, damn coffee lol. I prolly typed too much lol.

We have quite a bit in common, Blaze.

My mother had me at 17. She was always a mess. Her and my father were never married....and I only met him once as a child. He was struggling most of his young adult life with bipolar disorder, and my mother has always had alcohol problems. And benzo addiction. I did form a pretty good relationship with him later on when I turned 17. My father was the best.

So my grandmother raised me. Her only income was her pension and a little bit of socail security and she chose to send me to a private Christian (well.....pentecostal) school. So she ended up losing the house and we moved in with her sister. All the men in the picture were dead, so I was raised by senior women lol. My friends always called them the Golden Girls haha.

My mom was always in and out and dysfunctional.

I also had my first job at 14. I dont think most people who didnt have this sort of background really understand how difficult something like getting through college can be. Or holding a shitty job.

My grandmother passionately refused to use welfare. Which I will say, had a very positive impact on my soul. Like if my life fell apart today I would glide right through peacefully and confidently because crisis hasnt killed me yet and I know how to make it work. I'm not a "why me" person, I'm more of a "well why not me?" person. Shit happens to other people, may as well also happen to me. I'm just a walking sack of meat sucking air like everyone else, not some special gem that should be untouched by difficulties.

I dont grieve any of this at all. I know a lot of people who grew up poor and a have terrible outlooks on life and see themselves as entitled perpetual victims. I learned to establish my self worth appropriately and to appreciate and enjoy life. I like to live below my means and am content doing so. Obviously there is a lot more to my story to these bare bones I shared as growing up poor and with addiction in the family is like one load of crisis drama after the next lol. I come with all the statistical markings of one with that background.

There are those out there who if they did try to live below their means, that's a damn piece of cardboard under an overpass and no matter how hard they work they dont get anywhere. People always trash those single moms who get pregnant so they can get more benefits without realizing what an act of desperation that truly is and how if they didnt.....they wouldnt even have roof. Plenty of people out there way worse off than I ever was and it shows in their emotional/mental state and worldview.

And we need to do something about that. Because democrats are exploiting the poor successfully and keeping their strongholds. It really IS a plantation. And now these people have riots and the years of riot aftermath to struggle through.

I'm sorry you went through that with your mother. :/ Today mine has been sober for 6 years but her many years of alcoholism have definitely caught up with her and I look after her now. You already know about all that lol. Its rough to have questions like yours and no way to find answers. I hope you make peace with that unknown ♡

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
With the savings program people who get a raise (like in Dove's example) can put the extra money into the savings program and the amount saved is deducted from total income. That means it does not count against them with total earnings caps so their benefits remain the same plus they also get the matching funds (up to $2500). The idea is to allow people to earn more and put the money towards savings for a down payment and assuming they qualify for a subsidized HUD loan they can even keep their section 8 in order to use it to pay a mortgage.

If people bothered to speak with their case manager or read the documents mailed to them or viewed the emails sent to them then they would know about these things. Many, maybe even most, don't bother. Who's fault is that? My big problem with the left is not helping people in need, we should do that within limits, my problem is when they lie and deny any personal responsibility at all. If people are unwilling to help themselves then they do not deserve any public help.

I dont think anything like that exists in my state. I'm only repeating what I've witnessed.

The only welfare ive ever used was Medicaid and I had a food card after my first divorce and that was a very long time ago. Oh and WIC. I didnt use it very long, so I didnt bother really researching what I could get or what was available.

If there is something like that here, the info isnt given and it's not a question anyone in need would think to ask. I'm definitely gonna look it up.

Thanks for that info! I know people who could use that who were hit hard by the political pandemic who were struggling before it. I think most are willing to help themselves but get into a mindset where they are living defensively feeling everything is stacked against them. I can absolutely see how. I heard a lot of very valid "yeah buts" in my time in the program/shelter I went through.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Both programs are run by HUD so they are federal programs.

My understanding of HUD is that there are long wait lists and not enough housing.

Its probably gonna a lot worse when people start losing their homes.

I know the program I went through didnt allow residents to have any welfare. But they also had counseling, work readiness programs, a daycare, a financial advisor and a home ownership program.

I think people needing that level of assistance should have a more interactive counselor to assist them in planning budgets, et. Time management is another big one. There are more success stories with that Christian....CONSERVATIVE program than ones from state assistance. Long term success stories.

I was good at budgeting before I went in there and I still benefitted from that level of counseling. I was surprised by how many struggling poor people do not understand buying bulk is saving money.....but they really dont know how to manage it. Little shit like that that makes it harder on people.

We all know public education in democrat inner cities is fucking garbage.

Last edited:

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
You have to have section 8 to qualify and if you are just anyone applying then it can take 10 years. If you are a homeless or "at risk" veteran it usually takes 6 months or less. If you are a nonveteran homeless who completes a housing program including transitional housing you can usually get a voucher in about 1 year.

If you just walk in off the street and apply for section 8 without qualifying for any of the accelerated programs, good luck, it will likely take a decade.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Here is the thing, just cause they were Southern Elites, didnt make them "the elites". A lot of the Radical Republicans were the "elite" of their time, and lived up North. Robert E Lee for instance, was known to endure the living conditions of the soldiers he rode with a lot of the times.

We dont worship our heroes, we honor them, and hold them dear in memory, for standing up against the tyrants that came down burning, looting and murdering.

...still I think there's too much emphasis on the Elites, and not the other 99% - the working class Whites who helped build the South after the arrival of the Europeans. Contrary to common stereoptypes, I don't think they were lazy good for nothings and they obviously had a culture and extensive know how of their own which their own ancestors brought to the New World. And it flourished for hundreds of years starting with the founding of Jamestown & up to the Civil War. So...they were obviously doing something right in order to produce sustainable and functional communities. And they were probably just as more productive than any worker in the North.

The other thing to think about, is education. A lot of times the poor didnt get a proper education, having to work with family on the land instead. So maybe a lot of stuff didnt get wrote down? Instead, a lot was told to family and friends. Im sure some at some point things got wrote down.

I think its the way of the world in a way, many times stories of the poor are not told, only the richer ones get their stories told. It is nice when one does hear those stories of the poor though, and things they done.

I notice there are a few movies which make reference to lives of ordinary White Southerners and the social challenges they faced during or after the Civil War. But they are far and few between.

For instance, you mention music, that was a way the Mountain folk passed joyful times together. Music always hits home with me.

I think if there more attractions to remember the contributions of White Southerners to American History and culture, people might see the South in a different light. I think it is often overlooked. The most glaring obvious example was that White Southerners were the creators and originators of Rock 'n Roll which later allowed Modern Rock Music to flourish. Even the Beatles originally started out as an English Rock 'n Roll Band whch patterned themselves after Elvis Presley. I notice that the Eastern/Northern Establishment always credits the Blacks as being the originators of this art form, but I don't think they were. Blacks may have created 'the Blues' but actual Rock 'n Roll should be attributed to White Southerners even if it was influenced by Black Music styles.

Elvis Presely was not merely a copycat of Black Music. He created his own genre and distinct style which was later exported and copied around the world. This White Southern working class barely high school graduate singlehandedly created an entire cultural Industry for the United States.

You mention museums, about the poor, but I really dont know what kind thing like that exists. Usually its just history in museums, but I dont usually see poor vs rich sections, its all history lol.

....we have them in Canada. I think they ususally call them local or 'pioneer' type museums. There are evem entire ghosttowns devoted to pioneer life. ie -

Yet, I'm not sure with degree of polarizations if Blue/Red state can exist peacefully side by side without one wanting to tear the other side down.

Last edited:

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Perfect for all those blm/antifa terrorists out there destroying peoples lives. They need to go die.

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Looks like Liberals and Conservatives fought before, and prolly will again....

Unlike the Northern Colonies which were settled by Puritans, Virginia and the Southern Colonies were settled by Anglicans.

The English Civil War was fought between these two factions, Liberal Puritan Roundheads fighting for Cromwell and Conservative Anglican Cavaliers fighting in defense of King Charles I.

The colony of Virginia remained loyal to King Charles despite him losing the English Civil War and eventually being executed by the radical Puritans. This is how Virginia acquired the name “The Old Dominion”, and “The Cavalier State”, King Charles is also the namesake of the Carolinas, and Charleston, SC.

After the tyrannical reign of Cromwell and the Puritans who engaged in extreme cancel culture, cancelling Christmas and other holidays and traditions, King Charles II was restored to the throne and he repayed Virginia and other Cavaliers loyal to him and his father by granting many of them land & plantations in the South.

These English Cavalier Aristocrat families became the foundation of the aristocracy of the South and are the source of the Southern culture of Chivalry and even the Tidewater and Low Country Southern accents which are most similar to the upper class accents of England.

The descendants of the Puritan witchburners in the North however, have remained liberal and fanatical ever since, still engaging in Cancel Culture and Witchhunts like their forefathers, and forming the foundation of the what has become the American Left.

When the American Civil War broke out in 1861, this history was commonly understood, and it was seen by many in the South as a continuation of the English Civil War fought between Liberal Puritans and Conservative Cavaliers. This is why Confederate General J.E.B. Stuart for example, wore a feathered hat and a cape, in imitation of the South’s Conservative Cavalier forefathers.

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
There's nothing immoral about using your enemies weapons & tactics against them.

There's nothing immoral about finishing what the enemy started.

I never understood the mentality that using your enemies own weapons & tactics against them somehow makes you as bad as them. If you start using mustard gas against me then hell yes I'm gonna start using it back on you & no I wont stop using it when you start loosing & want to renegotiate or have a ceasefire. You don't get to quit, you didn't give me that option, you tried to destroy me & what I love- you don't get to walk away because your loosing- you didn't afford me that option.

We agreed to keep it above the belt & first thing you do is kick me in the balls. Yeah, I'm gonna hit you in the balls back & I'm going to keep doing it even after you passed out from the pain. You started this, you have no justification in getting mad about it because your now loosing. I'm jest playing by the rules YOU created.

Yes, you should only do what your enemy will do in situations where victory isn't assured, but if your looking at a possible loss, then I'm sorry, but at some point, if you don't have the guaranteed victory in that battle, your going to have to do terrible shit to defeat an enemy who is doing terrible shit. The only other option is to loose & thereby allow the enemy to continue doing terrible, evil shit.

The whole reason were in this situation, & I mean ALL OF IT- masks, lock downs, riots, attacks, beatings, maiming's, murders, terror tactics, Antifa gangs, useless politicians, set it & forget it elections, wokeness, intersectionality, communist school propaganda- ALL OF THIS- is because of that kind of sentiment, that we should jest sit by & wait till it gets so bad its finally on our doorsteps & everyone else who could have stood with you has already fallen, but hey, "that wasn't the hill to die on."

The left is the woman that burns your house down when she doesn't get her way, the right is the woman covered in bruises going "no, no, he does it because he cares!" & liberals are the friend that agrees with both of them because he "doesn't want conflict" while ignoring that his friends are violently burning shit down & getting the shit kicked out of them, but hey, "I jest wanna grill man."