Are you afraid to die?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
The quality of ones voice* does not equal the quality of how one uses words.

*sound wise

My man was just talking about how it's not so much what you say but how you say it....or something like that.

He just wrote a speech for someone lol

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Does their discourse make you feel left out?

Nah. I prefer texting to verbally chatting MOST of the time. I hate being on the phone usually.

I'm not against it. I just prefer text.

Those of us in discord together have chatted.

I was just pointing out to him that of COURSE people who dislike me are going to have negative things to say, as much as they can.

Neutral people and people who have talked to me have told me my voice is rather nice!

Admin.

All that glitters, is not gold.
Site Supporter ☠️
My man was just talking about how it's not so much what you say but how you say it....or something like that.

He just wrote a speech for someone lol
I interviewed for a job I wasn't really sure I even wanted, but during our talks he said one thing I had heard explained in a different way that has stuck with me, and I think helped me in my sales career....'i try to focus on how the person makes me feel as much as the ideas or responses they are sharing' obviously referring to the 'non-verbal' parts of communication.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
So like The Matrix.

I have not seen that movie.

I was talking about this in 2022 with a friend and he said something similar: "Sounds like The Matrix."

I am planning to watch that movie sometime soon. Maybe on a camping trip.

The New Holliday

Now With 25% More Infinity
Site Supporter
I interviewed for a job I wasn't really sure I even wanted, but during our talks he said one thing I had heard explained in a different way that has stuck with me, and I think helped me in my sales career....'i try to focus on how the person makes me feel as much as the ideas or responses they are sharing' obviously referring to the 'non-verbal' parts of communication.
Oooo non-verbal nuance.
..It's almost likke telepathy.
only body lingwidge.

. Heard of thet.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

Emotional people are a liability when making tough decisions.

This is part of the reason why only a select handful of people are qualified to make the big decisions.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

I think that's how most of us are. When someone passes away....you never hear their loved ones saying "Man he/she sure knew a lot!"

You always hear about how that person made them feel.

My grandmother raised me and she passed when I was 21. What I miss the most is how she would squeeze me so tight and say "grandma loves her little baby!". She was so warm and kind and had such a big heart. She was one of those people who made the room FEEL better and lighter and more welcoming just by walking in. My man has that, as well. He walks in and just owns the room but with warmth. He just puts my soul at ease.

All I really care about anymore is loving my loved ones. Everything else is just a side issue.

In my line of work, it's very important to be able to put people at ease and make them feel safe and taken care of and advocated for. Any job where you are putting your hands on vulnerable people at a time of stress and often, pain. I'm pretty good at that, but I'm far from an ace at it.

I've been working on myself at home more, making sure my daughters and my man feel safe and loved in my presence. It's so easy to take it for granted and snap or be impatient. I'm a work in progress but I have a happy and relaxed household.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Emotional people are a liability when making tough decisions.

This is part of the reason why only a select handful of people are qualified to make the big decisions.

I'm REALLY sharp and good in an emergency. My brain shifts into survival gear and I can take control and handle it.

But afterwards when I know it's handled and going to be okay.....thats when I fall apart.

I'd make a good first responder. But I cannot....CANNOT handle babies and children being victims of some awful death.

I'd end up with a serious drinking problem.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
I think that's how most of us are. When someone passes away....you never hear their loved ones saying "Man he/she sure knew a lot!"

You always hear about how that person made them feel.

You are now talking about personal relationships.

You were talking about your dude writing a speech.

Listening to a speech is far different, at least for me, than having a conversation of a personal nature. I listen to speeches to gather information. Personal conversations are generally meant to enhance my life in some way - so a positive emotional response is much more likely and desirable.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I have not seen that movie.

I was talking about this in 2022 with a friend and he said something similar: "Sounds like The Matrix."

I am planning to watch that movie sometime soon. Maybe on a camping trip.

You have never seen The Matrix?

Well you better fix that! Lol

Admin.

All that glitters, is not gold.
Site Supporter ☠️
You are now talking about personal relationships.

You were talking about your dude writing a speech.

Listening to a speech is far different, at least for me, than having a conversation of a personal nature. I listen to speeches to gather information. Personal conversations are generally meant to enhance my life in some way - so a positive emotional response is much more likely and desirable.
Knock it off chubster.