Chris Hedges knows his shit

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
Is Chris still a truth teller when he calls your little darling AOC a hack or did you not get to that part?

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
It does not matter what you think of Jimmy Dore. Chris Hedges is a truth teller.

Hedges is right about the center of power being in the hands of corporations.

eta: I don't find Jimmy Dore to be a serious person. That he couldn't understand why the Squad, Sanders, Warren, etc have no power is beyond me. It's patently obvious that all the power is held in the hands of the corporations and their stooges.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Hedges is right about the center of power being in the hands of corporations.

eta: I don't find Jimmy Dore to be a serious person. That he couldn't understand why the Squad, Sanders, Warren, etc have no power is beyond me. It's patently obvious that all the power is held in the hands of the corporations and their stooges.
I'm pretty sure it's patently obvious to him, too. He's just trying to get more people to speak truth to power. He's got more righteous anger than I can summon.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I'm pretty sure it's patently obvious to him, too. He's just trying to get more people to speak truth to power. He's got more righteous anger than I can summon.

His way of addressing it doesn't seem serious. If you make it about mocking the Democrats, then when do you address the actual problem? The Democrats are a big part of the problem, but it's both parties and even the likes of Chomsky recognize that the current place we are with the GOP and neo-fascists is more dangerous than we have ever been gone before.

If we simply point and laugh, which Hedges doesn't do, you lose a level of credibility. What Dore does is just another form of trolling, imo. Who needs more of that shit?

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
His way of addressing it doesn't seem serious. If you make it about mocking the Democrats, then when do you address the actual problem? The Democrats are a big part of the problem, but it's both parties and even the likes of Chomsky recognize that the current place we are with the GOP and neo-fascists is more dangerous than we have ever been gone before.

If we simply point and laugh, which Hedges doesn't do, you lose a level of credibility. What Dore does is just another form of trolling, imo. Who needs more of that shit?
Jimmy Dore is an insecure guy. I watched it to listen to Hedges. I know from watching Dore many times that his heart is in the right space, he just has personal issues. He talks about his childhood sometimes. Not a good one, and it shows in his humor and obvious insecurity. But he is a man who cares about the workers and the underdogs, ulitmtely.

Hedges is a brilliant, well-educated, and very compassionate man. He's a Pulitzer prizer winning war journalist and an ordained minister. He goes on Dore's show because he also gets that Dore's heart is in the right place. Dore's dumb humor reaches out to a common denominator. That's okay, I guess.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Jimmy Dore is an insecure guy. I watched it to listen to Hedges. I know from watching Dore many times that his heart is in the right space, he just has personal issues. He talks about his childhood sometimes. Not a good one, and it shows in his humor and obvious insecurity. But he is a man who cares about the workers and the underdogs, ulitmtely.

Hedges is a brilliant, well-educated, and very compassionate man. He's a Pulitzer prizer winning war journalist and an ordained minister. He goes on Dore's show because he also gets that Dore's heart is in the right place. Dore's dumb humor reaches out to a common denominator. That's okay, I guess.

Yes, I've listened to Hedges before. He has gravitas and seriousness that I appreciate.

If I want to watch clowns, I could go to a circus.