Conservatives Hate Democracy

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned
...they even deny that our form of government (the US) is a democracy, but won't make open admission of it. They want dicktatership,
but now, we see the first open calls for tyranny of the minority in the form of Trumputinism (no doubt with a theocratic twist).
How many times have I made the observation, but our local hate democracyists fall silent. Let's see how they spin this.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

An antidemocratic philosophy called 'neoreaction' is creeping into GOP politics

President Donald Trump’s efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 election were brazenly antidemocratic. Yet Trump and his supporters nonetheless justified their actions under the dubious pretense
– as a matter of getting the vote right, of reversing voter fraud.

But in recent months, a strand of conservative thought whose adherents are forthright in their disdain for democracy has started to creep into GOP politics. It’s called “neoreaction,” and its leading figure, a software engineer and blogger named
to at least two GOP U.S. Senate candidates, along with Peter Thiel, a major GOP donor.

In my years
, I see this as one of the more significant developments in right-wing politics. Someone who calls himself a monarchist isn’t being relegated to the fringes of the internet. He’s being interviewed by Fox News’ Tucker Carlson and has U.S. Senate candidates repeating his talking points.

In 2007, Yarvin launched his blog, “Unqualified Reservations.” Writing under the pseudonym Mencius Moldbug, he produced a prodigious corpus of political philosophy.

In his writings, Yarvin cites his political influences. They include the 19th-century political philosopher
, who disdained democracy and thought it could too easily veer into mob rule; American 20th-century political theorist
, who became convinced that elites would come to control the country’s politics while couching their interests in democratic rhetoric; and economist Hans-Hermann Hoppe, who, in his 2001 book “
,” wrote of how all organizations – irrespective of size – are best managed by a single executive.

Another important neoreactionary figure is
, whose main contribution to the philosophy is
. In essence, accelerationism is based on
that “worse is better.” The Russian revolutionary maintained that the more chaotic conditions became, the greater the likelihood that his Bolshevik party could accomplish its goals.

Analogously,
believe that they can hasten the demise of liberal democratic governments by stoking political tension.

Both Yarvin and Land believe that gradual, incremental reforms to democracy will not save Western society; instead, a “hard reset” or “reboot” is necessary. To that end, Yarvin has coined the acronym “RAGE” – Retire All Government Employees – as a crucial step toward that goal. The acronym is reminiscent of former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon’s

Yarvin advocates for an entirely new system of government – what he calls “
.” He advocates for a centrally managed economy led by a monarch

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
...they even deny that our form of government (the US) is a democracy, but won't make open admission of it. They want dicktaStership,
but now, we see the first open calls for tyranny of the minority in the form of Trumputinism (no doubt with a theocratic twist).
How many times have I made the observation, but our local hate democracyists fall silent. Let's see how they spin this.

An antidemocratic philosophy called 'neoreaction' is creeping into GOP politics

President Donald Trump’s efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 election were brazenly antidemocratic. Yet Trump and his supporters nonetheless justified their actions under the dubious pretense
– as a matter of getting the vote right, of reversing voter fraud.

But in recent months, a strand of conservative thought whose adherents are forthright in their disdain for democracy has started to creep into GOP politics. It’s called “neoreaction,” and its leading figure, a software engineer and blogger named
to at least two GOP U.S. Senate candidates, along with Peter Thiel, a major GOP donor.

In my years
, I see this as one of the more significant developments in right-wing politics. Someone who calls himself a monarchist isn’t being relegated to the fringes of the internet. He’s being interviewed by Fox News’ Tucker Carlson and has U.S. Senate candidates repeating his talking points.

In 2007, Yarvin launched his blog, “Unqualified Reservations.” Writing under the pseudonym Mencius Moldbug, he produced a prodigious corpus of political philosophy.

In his writings, Yarvin cites his political influences. They include the 19th-century political philosopher
, who disdained democracy and thought it could too easily veer into mob rule; American 20th-century political theorist
, who became convinced that elites would come to control the country’s politics while couching their interests in democratic rhetoric; and economist Hans-Hermann Hoppe, who, in his 2001 book “
,” wrote of how all organizations – irrespective of size – are best managed by a single executive.

Another important neoreactionary figure is
, whose main contribution to the philosophy is
. In essence, accelerationism is based on
that “worse is better.” The Russian revolutionary maintained that the more chaotic conditions became, the greater the likelihood that his Bolshevik party could accomplish its goals.

Analogously,
believe that they can hasten the demise of liberal democratic governments by stoking political tension.

Both Yarvin and Land believe that gradual, incremental reforms to democracy will not save Western society; instead, a “hard reset” or “reboot” is necessary. To that end, Yarvin has coined the acronym “RAGE” – Retire All Government Employees – as a crucial step toward that goal. The acronym is reminiscent of former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon’s

Yarvin advocates for an entirely new system of government – what he calls “
.” He advocates for a centrally managed economy led by a monarch

FAYW

eta: It certainly sounds like the current crop of crazies - especially Trumpists like Steve Bannon.

Last edited:

Admin.

The Goat
Site Supporter ☠️
One thing about Conservatives I can't wrap my head around, is how they worship ignorance, they eschew facts and science, they seem to compete against each other to sign on with the sleaziest populist con man in the market place of authoritarian ideology.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
One thing about Conservatives I can't wrap my head around, is how they worship ignorance, they eschew facts and science, they seem to compete against each other to sign on with the sleaziest populist con man in the market place of authoritarian ideology.

Though generally true, the people in this particular article are anti-democratic and authoritarians. They literally believe in no government of representation. They want an autocrat in power.

It's nonsense. How would they feel if an authoritarian liberal were elected? Short-sighted if nothing else.

Last edited:

Admin.

The Goat
Site Supporter ☠️

Though generally true, the people in this particular article are anti-democratic and authoritarians. They literally believe in no government.

It's nonsense.

Though generally true, the people in this particular article are anti-democratic and authoritarians. They literally believe in no government.

It's nonsense.
That sounds just goofy enough to sound legitimate to the poorly educated, surely 0'Dork must be a supporter?

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

It's nonsense.

It's nonsense.
That sounds just goofy enough to sound legitimate to the poorly educated, surely 0'Dork must be a supporter?

I'm sure it would be right up his alley.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
This is really hard to take seriously from people who want centralized federal power. Throw fits over the over turning of Roe. A guy who supported government forced medical interventions.

People who ignore science as it suits them. Shown by how they supported coerced and forced vaccines when getting the vaccine only benefits the one receiving it and does NOT stop transmission of Covid. People who are fine with men self identifying as women and removing womens sex based rights and protections. Forcing women to share prison cells with rapists. Supporting abolishing biological sex. People who dont know what pregnancy is and refuse to acknowledge the science of human development in utero. People who support branding tax paying parents as domestic terrorists and claiming that parents should not have a say in what their children are taught and exposed to. People who have openly claimed children "belong" to the state and who have said the Constitution is "out dated".

It's pretty clear you guys think the definition of democracy is "dem/prog power". What you guys want is a one party authoritarian state where people who oppose the government are considered terrorists and criminals.

It's amazing watching people delude themselves so deeply. 1984 was not an instruction manual. It was a warning.

Admin.

The Goat
Site Supporter ☠️
Liberals seem convinced that the "demo" part of democracy applies only to them.
What does that mean to you, exactly?

Are Democrats still crying about the free and fair 2020 Election that has been proven overwhelmingly to have been as legit as it gets?

It seems Trumptard's need to be reminded that Trump was calling the 2016 election rigged back in 2015. Trump's Crying Wolf to this day about 2020 is just more of his long standing method of making shit up and acting angry about it.

Trump lies about the election, lather rinse repeat ad infinitum.

Last edited:

Admin.

The Goat
Site Supporter ☠️
295930314_10162522568578312_6313245993136347595_n.jpg

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
dEmOcrAcy! Just override them there pesky states!!

The people crying about democracy yet wanted forced medical interventions and want centralized power over everything. Figures. Maybe theyll launch more politcal violence on communities over this....as they always do when they dont get their way. Maybe go harrass and try to kill some justices. Democracy!

Admin.

The Goat
Site Supporter ☠️
dEmOcrAcy! Just override them there pesky states!!

The people crying about democracy yet wanted forced medical interventions and want centralized power over everything. Figures. Maybe theyll launch more politcal violence on communities over this....as they always do when they dont get their way. Maybe go harrass and try to kill some justices. Democracy!
Red States are passing laws so they can overturn elections they don't like.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
LOL I wonder how you guy can see what's Biden and his hell minions are doing to the US and still stick to those people

Unbelievable

But that's how empires rise and fall, I guess.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
LOL Bitler acted like the geriatric dictator wannabe the other day, calling 1/2 the country "the fascist enemy" and yet, it's bad orange man for the blind idiots

I have to say, I don't that stupidity this big should be a reason to let a country like the US to go to shit

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
LOL I wonder how you guy can see what's Biden and his hell minions are doing to the US and still stick to those people

Unbelievable

But that's how empires rise and fall, I guess.

Because they hate us.

Admin wont even have a conversation. If The Party started rounding people up and taking them to camps for supporting unapproved politcal opposition, they would ge cheering it on.