Do you want Politics back? YES? NO?

Do YOU want Politics back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
In other words, the poll was a meaningless waste of our time, because you ultimately changed it back to the way it was before.

Because one person got into your head and was able to easily manipulate you into changing your mind on a topic that you felt so strongly about you banned almost a dozen long term members who put a lot of their own time and effort into this forum.

Makes perfect sense
The only effort some of those members put in was troublemaking.

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
But it isn't back the way it was before, other than old content.

Those who clearly showed disinterest in the topic can't go in unless they request it now.
Don't care. Some members used that section just to be assholes and fuel their ego.

wizer

Factory Bastard
At least politics discussion is supposedly confined to one area. Not as good as it being gone entirely but a distant second decent option.

I'll be surprised if it stays that way.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
At least politics discussion is supposedly confined to one area. Not as good as it being gone entirely but a distant second decent option.

I'll be surprised if it stays that way.

It really doesn't take a lot of self-discipline to stay away from boards, topics, that don't interest us.

wizer

Factory Bastard
It really doesn't take a lot of self-discipline to stay away from boards, topics, that don't interest us.
It would be better if the Politics section was hidden from those who choose not to join.

Otherwise what happens is you see posts on the Whats New list, and find yourself in there wanting to respond to a post, and then you realize, oh this is in the Politics section I don't have permission to post here, and well it's 30 seconds you won't get back.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
It would be better if the Politics section was hidden from those who choose not to join.

Otherwise what happens is you see posts on the Whats New list, and find yourself in there wanting to respond to a post, and then you realize, oh this is in the Politics section I don't have permission to post here, and well it's 30 seconds you won't get back.

Well, since this is a pastime a few seconds isn't a big deal.

Last edited:

wizer

Factory Bastard
Can you cite one?
Not gonna go look, but off the top of my head, the one that I found rather offensive - and to be honest- rather surprising was your supportive laugh emoticon and comment about me being thrown in the oven. Not that I care what most of these idiots say about Jews, I wasn't quite expecting that from you. Like I said I misjudged, and initially gave you too much credit. I won't make that mistake again.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Not gonna go look, but off the top of my head, the one that I found rather offensive - and to be honest- rather surprising was your supportive laugh emoticon and comment about me being thrown in the oven. Not that I care what most of these idiots say about Jews, I wasn't quite expecting that from you. Like I said I misjudged, and initially gave you too much credit. I won't make that mistake again.

Oh, got it nothing. Carry on.

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
I'm Christian but I love Jews. I was taught how to play chess by a Jewish man. Tried the Manischewitz once. A tad too sweet.

wizer

Factory Bastard
She was jewish too. You want to say something antisemetic about her as well?
I've always had Jewish friends, colleagues, schoolmates and acquaintances. These haters are clowns.
How would your jewish friends feel if they knew that you think it's funny about jews being gassed to death.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
She was jewish too. You want to say something antisemetic about her as well?

How would your jewish friends feel if they knew that you think it's funny about jews being gassed to death.

I would explain that it was the wrathful tone and vitriol with which the statement was delivered that I found amusing.