how do libs explain all the problems running rampant in California

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
Go ahead libs, explain to us without going into a TDS meltdown why so many negative issues exist in a liberal utopia such as California?

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Fuk, thats gotta be all then Repugs from the 50's that did that! :LOL2: And Ronnie Raygun! Oh, and in all actuality, they've been leaving since the 80's. I know cause thats when I left and KTLA did "The exodus from California" several times weekly back then.

OP
OP
Biggie Smiles

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
Fuk, thats gotta be all then Repugs from the 50's that did that! :LOL2: And Ronnie Raygun! Oh, and in all actuality, they've been leaving since the 80's. I know cause thats when I left and KTLA did "The exodus from California" several times weekly back then.
YOu mean trump is getting a pass on this one?

OP
OP
Biggie Smiles

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
Oh look, another liberal stronghold turning into an absolute cesspool for some inexplicable reason

must be Trumps fault too

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Komo also did a good piece around a year ago called "The Death of Seattle."

Dr Bill Jiden

Dr. Bill Jiden, Actual President elect of the US
I believe the best way to see this move to Texas is to see Austin, especially, as a satellite to Silicon Valley. We ought to be careful what we celebrate. Enough Californians move to Texas and it will certainly go blue.

OP
OP
Biggie Smiles

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
I believe the best way to see this move to Texas is to see Austin, especially, as a satellite to Silicon Valley. We ought to be careful what we celebrate. Enough Californians move to Texas and it will certainly go blue.
And that is a fucking enigma.

The dumb fucking liberals leave these shitholes only to vote in the same filth that turned their homeland into shit in the first place

morons

Dr Bill Jiden

The dumb fucking liberals leave these shitholes only to vote in the same filth that turned their homeland into shit in the first place

morons

I think that Californians are leaving because of cost, not because of some mistaken idea that it's a "shithole".

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

So far it has mostly been conservatives moving out of state. Big tech will bring liberals though.

Dr Bill Jiden

So far it has mostly been conservatives moving out of state. Big tech will bring liberals though.

That's not actually the case. Austin has been inundated with liberals from California, especially Silicon Valley. Someone recently told me that they went to a kid's birthday party in Austin. Every person at the party was a former Californian from Silicon Valley counties.

Silicon Valley is just too expensive.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

morons

I think that Californians are leaving because of cost, not because of some mistaken idea that it's a "shithole".

From 1995-2016 it was mostly low margin businesses (places like the fast-food chain Carl's junior) moving their HQs while the people leaving fell into two main groups. 1) Retirees selling their expensive homes with lots of equity to retire in low cost states. 2) Young couples, especially with children, who had incomes below $60k as they had zero hope of ever buying a house in coastal California. You still see this today.

The 2017 tax bill changed everything as did California continously raising taxes on the wealthy. The 2017 tax bill removed the ability to deduct state and local taxes from your federal tax return and that meant huge effective tax increases for the wealthy in blue states. Also, just because they are retarded and corrupt states like NY and California also adopted soak the rich tax policies at that time. Now it is wealthy people especially business owners who are leaving and taking their businesses with them. This is extremely bad news for California because something like 2/3rds of the state income taxes come from just 100,000 filers so losing those guys very quickly causes huge budget short falls for the state.

The idiots did it to themselves though so they deserve it.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
BTW the housing cost issue is real and caused almost exclusively by 40 years of liberals refusing to allow anyone to build anything. Certainly building rates have been far below demand since at least 1980. That is a political problem everyone knows about but which no politician will touch. Especially as demanding campaign donations in exchange for approving projects is how most politicians fund their campaigns.

It is a corrupt ponzy scheme where the little guy ends up screwed.

Last edited:

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It is also not just Silicon Valley which is too expensive. I am in San Diego and my 3/2 house is worth about $800,000 according to zillow and I am 15 miles inland so not exactly on the coast any more. My neighbor a few houses down is selling is 4/2.5 two story and asking $1.3 million. I doubt he will get it but I bet he does get $1.1m. Zillow says his house is worth $975,000 so so zillow is often 20% off or more.

These are for perfectly average suburban track homes built in the late 1980's. In Texas they might be worth $250,000 or less.

Dr Bill Jiden

morons

From 1995-2016 it was mostly low margin businesses (places like the fast-food chain Carl's junior) moving their HQs while the people leaving fell into two main groups. 1) Retirees selling their expensive homes with lots of equity to retire in low cost states. 2) Young couples, especially with children, who had incomes below $60k as they had zero hope of ever buying a house in coastal California. You still see this today.

The 2017 tax bill changed everything as did California continously raising taxes on the wealthy. The 2017 tax bill removed the ability to deduct state and local taxes from your federal tax return and that meant huge effective tax increases for the wealthy in blue states. Also, just because they are retarded and corrupt states like NY and California also adopted soak the rich tax policies at that time. Now it is wealthy people especially business owners who are leaving and taking their businesses with them. This is extremely bad news for California because something like 2/3rds of the state income taxes come from just 100,000 filers so losing those guys very quickly causes huge budget short falls for the state.

The 2017 federal tax changes making it impossible to deduct one's federal income tax costs is a GOP?Trump policy. California has been written off time and again. I'm betting on California bouncing back.

Dr Bill Jiden

morons

Yes, new housing development is discouraged and a huge problem. We have lots of policy that is problematic. I think we ought to keep Prop 13 tax rates for owners. I don't think it should be passed on to their offspring. The government doesn't have to subsidize inheritance

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
p

morons

The 2017 federal tax changes making it impossible to deduct one's federal income tax costs is a GOP?Trump policy. California has been written off time and again. I'm betting on California bouncing back.

It will if it unfucks itself but it will need a major sea change in state and local policy and I don't see the rebellion happening yet. BTW, yes, the 2017 tax bill was written by Republicans but it was a pretty good one if you are a tax payer. The point is federal policy changed and the state did the exact opposite of what it should have done and no one is to blame except the politicians and voters of this state.

Dr Bill Jiden

p

morons

It will if it unfucks itself but it will need a major sea change in state and local policy and I don't see the rebellion happening yet. BTW, yes, the 2017 tax bill was written by Republicans but it was a pretty good one if you are a tax payer. The point is federal policy changed and the state did the exact opposite of what it should have done and no one is to blame except the politicians and voters of this state.

I agree that the voters of California are responsible for this state. You don't seem to like where it's going. Are you planning on staying? And if so, why?

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
p

morons

I agree that the voters of California are responsible for this state. You don't seem to like where it's going. Are you planning on staying? And if so, why?

Right now I am staying mostly because of family. I keep hoping people will wake up and stop voting for the same failed policies but that doesn't seem to be happening. My wife doesn't want to leave but after covid we may take a trip to see what you can buy in places like Nevada, Texas, Florida, and Tennessee (all state with no income taxes).

There is the added complication in that I own a rental house business with my sister so me moving would effectively mean she'd half to wither buy me out (and I know she doesn't have the spare cash laying around) or we'd have to sell and pay a not nice tax bill. There is also the problem of work but if I looked maybe something interesting might be found.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The shithile issue is mostly due to crime and homelessness. San Diego was literally the only nig city on the west coast which saw homelessness decrease for each of the last four years while all the others had double digit yearly increases. Part of it was a stupid ruling by a judge in 2010-ish which made it illegal to tell homeless to leave unless you had free permanent housing to give them (yes, free perminent supportive housing). The second part was the left wing push to decriminalize most drugs so now police can't even ticket a junky shooting up on the street corner.

After those two policies were in place every fuckibg Street junky in the entire cou try showed up because no cops would hassle them and maybe they'd get a free place in California. Crime naturally skyrocketed while quality of life for the other 99% of the population went down. Next Dems decided to empty the prisons and just let everyone go. Guess what happened? Yep, crime went up even higher and many of the ex-cons joined the homeless encampment and became street junkies as well.

So there are really quality of life issues. Now, I have a home in the suburbs in a nice quiet area on a cul de sac street so we're shielded from the worst of it. The more dense urban areas though? Forget about it. Even the clueless millennial who dreamed of being urban pioneers a few years back got tired of being robbed by street junkies and moved out of the inner cities.

Dr Bill Jiden

p

morons

Right now I am staying mostly because of family. I keep hoping people will wake up and stop voting for the same failed policies but that doesn't seem to be happening. My wife doesn't want to leave but after covid we may take a trip to see what you can buy in places like Nevada, Texas, Florida, and Tennessee (all state with no income taxes).

There is the added complication in that I own a rental house business with my sister so me moving would effectively mean she'd half to wither buy me out (and I know she doesn't have the spare cash laying around) or we'd have to sell and pay a not nice tax bill. There is also the problem of work but if I looked maybe something interesting might be found.

When the place you live in is profitable to you personally, it doesn't make sense to leave because of a philosophical issue with taxes. Living elsewhere may not provide you the same opportunities. I think decisions made on beliefs rather than evidenced based data are sure to be problematic. In other words, why move somewhere you don't pay taxes if you can't earn the money you want to earn to live the life you want?

Dr Bill Jiden

The shithile issue is mostly due to crime and homelessness. San Diego was literally the only nig city on the west coast which saw homelessness decrease for each of the last four years while all the others had double digit yearly increases. Part of it was a stupid ruling by a judge in 2010-ish which made it illegal to tell homeless to leave unless you had free permanent housing to give them (yes, free perminent supportive housing). The second part was the left wing push to decriminalize most drugs so now police can't even ticket a junky shooting up on the street corner.

After those two policies were in place every fuckibg Street junky in the entire cou try showed up because no cops would hassle them and maybe they'd get a free place in California. Crime naturally skyrocketed while quality of life for the other 99% of the population went down. Next Dems decided to empty the prisons and just let everyone go. Guess what happened? Yep, crime went up even higher and many of the ex-cons joined the homeless encampment and became street junkies as well.

So there are really quality of life issues. Now, I have a home in the suburbs in a nice quiet area on a cul de sac street so we're shielded from the worst of it. The more dense urban areas though? Forget about it. Even the clueless millennial who dreamed of being urban pioneers a few years back got tired of being robbed by street junkies and moved out of the inner cities.

The only drug that is decriminalized in California is marijuana. Not everyone was let go from prisons. Imprisoning these people is costing Californians billions and billions of dollars. If you live 15 minutes inland from the coast, you're more than likely not surrounded by junkies. I think you're exaggerating how bad California is. I was from there originally. I don't allow news networks to convince me of what my life is like. Homelessness is a problem. No doubt about it. It's a national issue, not a Californian issue. It's just exacerbated in some communities across the country where the cost of living is so high.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I just got done watching the entire 1.5 hours on Seattle. For the most part, I didnt feel sorry for anyone in the video. I did determine that the entire city counsel and prosecuting atty. should be executed publicly. I didnt feel sorry for the judge that got black balled because he was part of the problem for years. I didnt feel sorry for the woman who's son was shot to death and was suing the city. Many of the druggie douches should be shot dead in the streets. The jig who punched the woman in front of the courthouse should be shot dead. I was glad to see the one douch drown himself in bleach water. Being homeless and on the street should be a crime, period. We need to kill a LOT of people in America, starting with those who want to decriminalize everything. Seattle is a festering shithole. I personally hope it never recovers. I did feel sorry for the couple at the end of the video even though I suspect their son had a small chance of recovery. The pie in the sky recovery center might save 1/4 of the people who were forced in there at best. Fuk, I know plenty of people who went to the slam for years and came out crystal clean just to go right back to being fucked up and stealing. Just kill em and be done with it.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
p

morons

When the place you live in is profitable to you personally, it doesn't make sense to leave because of a philosophical issue with taxes. Living elsewhere may not provide you the same opportunities. I think decisions made on beliefs rather than evidenced based data are sure to be problematic. In other words, why move somewhere you don't pay taxes if you can't earn the money you want to earn to live the life you want?

As long as I am employed (or self employed) then my cost of living would go up, I could by a mansion for what my paid off 3/2 is worth here (not to mention my rentals which I half own with my sister), and be materially better off. The cost of everything is cheaper from food, to land, to medicine, to getting your car fixed, to not having to pay high sales taxes, etc... That means I could spend less, save more, yet still live better and there will most certainly still be great business opportunities in Texas or Florida or even Tennessee or Nevada. Possibly more for an average person depending on the business in question.

Dr Bill Jiden

p

morons

As long as I am employed (or self employed) then my cost of living would go up, I could by a mansion for what my paid off 3/2 is worth here (not to mention my rentals which I half own with my sister), and be materially better off. The cost of everything is cheaper from food, to land, to medicine, to getting your car fixed, to not having to pay high sales taxes, etc... That means I could spend less, save more, yet still live better and there will most certainly still be great business opportunities in Texas or Florida or even Tennessee or Nevada.

Seems to be a no brainer. If you feel that way and analyze it as a better move, I'd go for it.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

The only drug that is decriminalized in California is marijuana. Not everyone was let go from prisons. Imprisoning these people is costing Californians billions and billions of dollars. If you live 15 minutes inland from the coast, you're more than likely not surrounded by junkies. I think you're exaggerating how bad California is. I was from there originally. I don't allow news networks to convince me of what my life is like. Homelessness is a problem. No doubt about it. It's a national issue, not a Californian issue. It's just exacerbated in some communities across the country where the cost of living is so high.

Read up on how prop 47 and various other props have been interpreted and implemented. Most drug offenses are now just ticketing issues and several cities and cou ties have simply orders cops not to bother while extreme left wing DAs just refuse to prosecute whole swaths of crimes. Politicians then lie and claim crime rates are going down because they simply stopped cou ting many crimes as crimes yet for regular citizens they see rampant criminality out in the streets with cops and prosecutpra doing nothing about it.

That is really bad for quality of life. Just ask the small business owner who gets flash mobbed by "urban youth" each of whom all steal $900 with of stuff at a time because you don't go to jail unless you steal at least $950.01 at one go.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Spot on coverage about just how bad and radical L.A.'s new far left D.A. is destroying L.A..

OP
OP
Biggie Smiles

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
Notice how the chicken shit shitstains on the left avoid this thread like they avoid soap and water

fucking bottom feeding parasites