Murdy challenges Biggie to a throw down ~

OP
OP
Murdy

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
I have never really been a fan of corn. I will eat it if it is on the table but I won't seek it out. I always thought corn was best saved for real food such as cows, pigs, and chickens.

I like corn but don't eat it very often.

I miss the corn bread I used to have all the time in California. Even KFC served it with their meals. I can see the Mexican influence there.

Cornbread-Recipe-4-1200.jpg

I like cornbread with chili. I chop up jalapeños and top it with those and shredded cheese. This way if someone can’t handle the heat, they can tear the top off. I use the Jiff box brand cause it’s simple, cheap and tasty.

If your crowd is heat spice tolerant, you can mix the jalapeños in and it gives it a pretty green splash of color.

I miss that about California because cornbread was plentiful. It was always on the menu and in restaurants.

They grow a Lotta corn here but for some reason it isn't nor has become a staple of people's diets.

For some reason it's not as popular as other vegetables.

Other thing I like is cane sugar or coconut which is more often found in warmer climates. Not too much in the Pacific Northwest

I was turned onto coconut sugar while living in the PNW… but I had a few friends also living in the area from LA. It’s pleasant and healthier than the high fructose crap they put in everything else.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I have never really been a fan of corn. I will eat it if it is on the table but I won't seek it out. I always thought corn was best saved for real food such as cows, pigs, and chickens.
corn on the cob is a summer favorite

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

It is good but is sorta messy tho.

I suppose less people buy it than other veggies because it's more time consuming and messier to prepare and cleanup corn husks n all.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

It is good but is sorta messy tho.

I suppose less people buy it than other veggies because it's more time consuming and messier to prepare and cleanup corn husks n all.
plus having 2 floss afterward, its a pita

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

I miss the corn bread I used to have all the time in California. Even KFC served it with their meals. I can see the Mexican influence there.

I like cornbread with chili. I chop up jalapeños and top it with those and shredded cheese. This way if someone can’t handle the heat, they can tear the top off. I use the Jiff box brand cause it’s simple, cheap and tasty.

If your crowd is heat spice tolerant, you can mix the jalapeños in and it gives it a pretty green splash of color.

I love cornbread. I use the Jiffy cornbread mix too lol.

I make it when I have pinto beans, but not chili beans. I use Frito scoops with the chili lol.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️

We call that "broa de milho" over here

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I am a huge fan of Burmese food but restaurants are hard to find. It has a nice mix of Chinese, Thai, and Indian flavors. Other than one food truck which never seems to be in the same place when you want to go there I have to go to L.A. to find it. There are a number of them in the bay area too.

I don't think I ever had Burmese food....anywhere.

Have ta look that 1 up in Vancouver.

See if they have 1.

I know that just a handful of Indonesian restaurants in all of Canada are in just 2 cities - Vancouver & Toronto. Maybe Burmese even rarer still.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
hit me with your best stuff ~ but, ladies first…

I made/created an esquites (Mexican street corn) salad with red onion, cilantro, and green/red/orange bell pepper that I served with a Mayo, Parmesan, lemon and Tapatio drizzle and then served it with a crushed hot Cheetos sprinkle that was to die for. I call it Es Squite Squite lol

*toppings are meant as a an accent, not a dressing
That sounds really good.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

The farinha de milho here tastes different than that in the US. But the broa de milho is delicious.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Apparently officially we have ONE Burmese in Vancouver @Oerdin :

Might be worth checking out.

Again the the poorer section of town.
Lotta good restaurants there

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

The farinha de milho here tastes different than that in the US. But the broa de milho is delicious.

Probably made with better more authentic ingredients

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Probably made with better more authentic ingredients
Definitely.

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
@Admin. likes sautéed cock with lots of testicle marinade.

Isn’t that right you noodle neck fairy faggot?

OP
OP
Murdy

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
hit me with your best stuff ~ but, ladies first…

I made/created an esquites (Mexican street corn) salad with red onion, cilantro, and green/red/orange bell pepper that I served with a Mayo, Parmesan, lemon and Tapatio drizzle and then served it with a crushed hot Cheetos sprinkle that was to die for. I call it Es Squite Squite lol

*toppings are meant as a an accent, not a dressing
That sounds really good.

it was

And my future brother in law gave up hot Cheetos for lent and LOVED getting to sprinkle the crumbs all over his tacos and this salad. :Happy5:

we all got to eat something we gave up that day… mine was gummy bears

Levon

Philosopher King
Site Supporter

I do too, but jalapeños have no place in MY chili. When I make cornbread for chili, I use Marth White's box mix or sometimes do it from scratch, the Jiffy is too sugary. All cornbread must be cooked in cast iron or it will suck. If I want my cornbread a little sweeter I'll open a small can of shoepeg corn, drain it and add some to the batter. Adds sweetness AND crunch.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

I do too, but jalapeños have no place in MY chili. When I make cornbread for chili, I use Marth White's box mix or sometimes do it from scratch, the Jiffy is too sugary. All cornbread must be cooked in cast iron or it will suck. If I want my cornbread a little sweeter I'll open a small can of shoepeg corn, drain it and add some to the batter. Adds sweetness AND crunch.
Must be awful when you can’t smell what you are cooking eh fuckwad?

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️

Maybe they use sweet corn to the do the flour there in the US.

Is corn sweet in Portugal too?

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Maybe they use sweet corn to the do the flour there.

Is corn sweet in Portugal too?

Yes. It is.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
Hey lotus. Pour some lighter fluid in your corn.

then top it off with good cigar afterwards

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
Yes. It is.

Interesting.

You can't find sweet corn here easily

They use it mostly to make sweet popcorn, I guess

For cooking, they use "salty" corn

It's not salty, it's kinda bland if you eat it straight, you need to add a little bit of sal

Like corn on the cob, I've NEVER seen it sweet over here

WurALsm.jpeg

Reactions: Joe