Non-Americans ask, Do Americans really...?

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Do Americans really eat as much meatloaf as TV makes it seem? They must be like, 60% loaf by now.

(And 59 other pertinent questions)

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
"Do some Americans really own more than 20 guns and have a horde of ammunition?"

Fukin right I do!

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
What are these people watching? I don't recall the last time I saw anyone eating meatloaf in a film or tv show.

Meatloaf is like once every 10 years in my life, it's when I'm unfortunate to have someone serve it for dinner somewhere...

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
Well, it's not like it's not a recurrent food on series and TV

Kinda like what the family eats at least once a week

And the kids go "Meatloaf again?"

Brazoolians also always note how you guys put burgers and hot dogs on bbq grills

They're also under the impression you guys eat McDonald's at least 5x a week

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Well, it's not like it's not a recurrent food on series and TV

Kinda like what the family eats at least once a week

And the kids go "Meatloaf again?"

Brazoolians also always note how you guys put burgers and hot dogs on bbq grills

They're also under the impression you guys eat McDonald's at least 5x a week

I guess it depends on the family. I think meatloaf sucks.

Grilled burgers and hot dogs are far superior imo to stove top versions.

If I eat out these days, it's not at fast food places like McDonald's.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
This is a great one:

Why do Americans in films always seem to put plates with food on still in the sink?

I have yet to see a garbage disposal unit in a sink in Europe. Or in NYC, for that matter.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
What are these people watching? I don't recall the last time I saw anyone eating meatloaf in a film or tv show.

Meatloaf is like once every 10 years in my life, it's when I'm unfortunate to have someone serve it for dinner somewhere...

Smoking a Meatloaf in a Weber is the bomb.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Sometimes meatloaf is good.

Just depends on the quality of the ingredients and who the chef is.

But it's certainly not something a person should have all the time. Kinda like hot dogs or hamburgers. Nice as a once in a while treat but not all the time.

And best as a side dish not the main course.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
ive got half a mind 2 fire up the bbq tonight after reading all this lol

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
This is a great one:

Why do Americans in films always seem to put plates with food on still in the sink?

I have yet to see a garbage disposal unit in a sink in Europe. Or in NYC, for that matter.

Really? What do they do instead of a garbage disposal?

I use worms.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Why do Americans on TV shows have to go "grab" a cup of coffee? Can't see how that could ever end well. Especially if the cup is styrofoam.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Americans have odd routines.

They love Costco

Chinese Costcos in places like Shanghai get absolutely mobbed with Chinese shoppers. To the point of people getting trampled to death.

Last edited:

Levon

Philosopher King
Site Supporter

Google up Bill Blass's meatloaf recipe. It'll set you free.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Google up Bill Blass's meatloaf recipe. It'll set you free.

My mother used to make a meat loaf like that back on the 1980's and 1970's. She would saute the celery, onions, mushrooms, and other veggies first just to wilt them and get them to release much of theor liquid. Then all of that got mixed in with the other ingredients. She also used a lot more than half a cup of bread crumbs but other than that it all looks about the same.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Americans have odd routines.

They love Costco

Chinese Costcos in places like Shanghai get absolutely mobbed with Chinese shoppers. To the point of people getting trampled to death.

Aussie Costco is a game of "Spot the Aussie" and "Asian Bumper Carts".

I stopped going because of the packs of rude Asian fresh off the boat zombies not staying in their shopping lanes and ramming into people for the tasting samples.

But occasionally there's an Asian mother with her kids who has her Costco trolley operating licence, follows all the aisle driving rules, and stops her kids from leaping out or cutting.

I always smile and nod, and they always smile and nod back.... we know what's up.... just silently.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
This is a great one:

LOL those garbage disposal units are also another American culture staple

Do you know how many times we've seen those grind someone's hand in horror movies?

When the poltergeist flips the switch while the woman is looking for her 20 karat ring in there?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
This is a great one:

LOL those garbage disposal units are also another American culture staple

Do you know how many times we've seen those grind someone's hand in horror movies?

When the poltergeist flips the switch while the woman is looking for her 20 karat ring in there?

I have a whole thing about that. I'm actually glad I dont have one in this trailor.....and I'm not gonna get one installed either.

If I have to stick my hand in there for any reason....I'm a total paranoid mess lol.

I dont like standing next to beds with my ankles showing either lol.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
The thing I've always been envious of is the amount of grape and watermelon flavour things there is in America compared to here, although they're slowly catching on... We've got grape Fanta and watermelon mentos now, watermelon juice is hard to find...