Question for posters

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Why do so many create a "troll" persona, or however one thinks of one's posting self, that is nasty and/or evil and/or hateful? Can't anyone come up with anything more interesting?

It gets really old. So many have been doing the same thing for 13, 14 years now.

It's more fun to see intelligence, creativity, and humor.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Why do so many create a "troll" persona, or however one thinks of one's posting self, that is nasty and/or evil and/or hateful? Can't anyone come up with anything more interesting?

It gets really old. So many have been doing the same thing for 13, 14 years now.

Because quite simply little button, some of those trolls are intelligent, are creative and are definitely humourous. Outside of the forums, some of us have executive lives that provide people like you with an income. Bastard Factory has many people that prefer to act the troll as a change from their PC actuality. You’re not that smart are you precious?

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

I have a sincere question for you. Why are you at a troll forum at all?

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Give me an example of who you are talking about?

Every single poster here who talks about wanting other posters to die, who posts horrible personal insults, who says vicious things on a regular basis. You know, who spews hate and rage. WHo posts pictures of mutilated bodies, etc., etc. Just read a sampling of threads. I think you'll get the idea.

I was just wondering what the psychology is behind this. Why do some people see this as a desirable form of entertainment? Even after years of reading this shit, and, sadly, participating in it, I still don't understand it.

I am asking out of honest curiosity.

RAVEN

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It's hard to speculate.. but I'm guessing they do it for shock value, laughs, boredom, anger. etc.---- Convenient too, not having to look someone in the eye to be a dick lol The political climate doesn't help either lol.. I don't think anyone here would say these things to a neighbor/coworker/friend irl who has differing political opinions. So definitely the anonymity is a factor as well.