Random Thoughts Thread

RAVEN

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I had a really bad ear infection a little over 3 weeks ago. Went to the doctor and they gave me antibiotics, both oral and drops for my left ear. My infection went away, but it left me with a constant fluid filled ear. I haven't been able to hear out of my left ear for almost a month :( Went back to the doctors this afternoon and found out the infection caused my eardrum to rupture and there is nothing they can do about it, except for me to wait for it to heal. It is driving me crazy !!!!
Hi Raven…I ruptured my eardrum when I was 14 years old wiping out on a massive wave. When it heals, pay extra attention to drying it out after a bath or shower. Shrill noises like Karen’s or kids screaming will set it off. Noise will be distorted like the sound of a blown speaker. If you’re going diving, you won’t be able to dive deeper than 10 ft. Other than that, you’ll learn to live with it.

Welcome to the Blown Eardrum club. :ThumbsUp1:
Awww thanks for the advice, Breaky :) I haven't had an ear infection since I was a child (I used to live in the water) and can't believe I'm going through this as an adult.. wtf? lol.. What I did find out is that I have very small ear openings, of all things HAHA.. Both the doctors told me that. Wondering if my ears aren't able to dry properly because of it? I'm hoping that once this heals I'll have full hearing in my ear..It's worrisome thinking that I won't and it will be distorted. :( Guess I'll have to wait and see.. sigh..

Merry Christmas to you Breakfall and your family <3 Thanks again <3

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
I had a really bad ear infection a little over 3 weeks ago. Went to the doctor and they gave me antibiotics, both oral and drops for my left ear. My infection went away, but it left me with a constant fluid filled ear. I haven't been able to hear out of my left ear for almost a month :( Went back to the doctors this afternoon and found out the infection caused my eardrum to rupture and there is nothing they can do about it, except for me to wait for it to heal. It is driving me crazy !!!!
Hi Raven…I ruptured my eardrum when I was 14 years old wiping out on a massive wave. When it heals, pay extra attention to drying it out after a bath or shower. Shrill noises like Karen’s or kids screaming will set it off. Noise will be distorted like the sound of a blown speaker. If you’re going diving, you won’t be able to dive deeper than 10 ft. Other than that, you’ll learn to live with it.

Awww thanks for the advice, Breaky :) I haven't had an ear infection since I was a child (I used to live in the water) and can't believe I'm going through this as an adult.. wtf? lol.. What I did find out is that I have very small ear openings, of all things HAHA.. Both the doctors told me that. Wondering if my ears aren't able to dry properly because of it? I'm hoping that once this heals I'll have full hearing in my ear..It's worrisome thinking that I won't and it will be distorted. :( Guess I'll have to wait and see.. sigh..

Hey Raven…you may not have the distortion. Mine was a hard slap against the ear at the bottom of a 15 ft over the falls. Lol. But just be aware that, because you have small ear canals, sometimes the bone grows and closes up the canal itself as a response to injury. The only solution is opening up the skin and drilling out the bone. But don’t get frightened; the doctor told me that I would probably need that procedure one day, and that was 36 years ago. So…fuck the consequences for now, raise your glass, and have an awesome Xmas and new year. Yeeeeeew!

cheers-beer-gif.gif

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️

Hey Raven…you may not have the distortion. Mine was a hard slap against the ear at the bottom of a 15 ft over the falls. Lol. But just be aware that, because you have small ear canals, sometimes the bone grows and closes up the canal itself as a response to injury. The only solution is opening up the skin and drilling out the bone. But don’t get frightened; the doctor told me that I would probably need that procedure one day, and that was 36 years ago. So…fuck the consequences for now, raise your glass, and have an awesome Xmas and new year. Yeeeeeew!

cheers-beer-gif.gif

Why are you posting a gif of some guy listening to his beer?

You sadist!

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
I’m just wondering if our sterling moderator @SHAMPAIN is going to be okay after the hit of cocaine? The guy is a great leader of purity. Every young man should aspire to his masterful and gentlemanly manner. Up and at ‘em @SHAMPAIN you winner!

images

eVXWvDS35dXvtMRF8

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Mrs Breakfall is with her step-father now in his dying moments. He is riddled with inoperable cancer, and has progressively gone downhill this past year. I never want to go out like this. If voluntary euthanasia isn’t passed by the time I’m on my last legs, I’ll be topping myself on my own terms. DRUGS and an anchor out to sea…

Ive pondered the same. No anchor tho, I’d just keep going. Hope someone would salvage my boat.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Mrs Breakfall is with her step-father now in his dying moments. He is riddled with inoperable cancer, and has progressively gone downhill this past year. I never want to go out like this. If voluntary euthanasia isn’t passed by the time I’m on my last legs, I’ll be topping myself on my own terms. DRUGS and an anchor out to sea…

Ive pondered the same. No anchor tho, I’d just keep going. Hope someone would salvage my boat.
Involuntary euthanasia is trying to be passed from state to state. Hopefully this will be accepted sooner than later.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
As a businessman, would you employ a staff member that beats up his girlfriend, runs around the neighbourhood with a baseball bat chasing her elderly father, coked out of his head, and spends the rest of his sober time in and out of jail? Serious question folks. Would having such a cretin as part of your staff really be a good business decision?

charlie-sheen-winning.gif

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
For some reason out of the blue I started thinking if my 1st girl friend is still alive - - - - - - -

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
Anyone watch the super bowl and your thoughs - - - - - -
Commercials: STUPID. And most of them I can't even follow their "logic" or what the heck they are even about. Bring on the beer commercials and the Clydesdales....

Never watch the stupid halftime show. We eat during halftime. I glanced at some of it, and it looked basically the same as always, and just dumb.

The game was pretty good, close game.

mastersplither

Factory Bastard
Diet has been consistently good for quite a while. Early AM gym times lately and my body is responding faster than it did even a few years ago. Taking it to a level I've never been before and damn it feels good. Wild how it's possible to craft a completely different version of yourself physically and I have a ton of respect for anyone that has the fortitude to do it.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Protest tomorrow but have to be real cautious with the War Times act still in full effect, grabbed a large Pizza so I can have the leftovers for breakfast and not get hungry during rabble-rousing
rouse-the-rabble and crack heads, grimm!

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator
i finally cancelled cable, tired of forking over $$$ for a million channels of nothing

good idea, but I only pay my internet ($85 a month) and I stream.. I pay $11 a month and get 2000 english channels of live tv and also have VOD all PPVs the whole package you just need to grab an android box.. and pay nothing with pirate apps if your not interested Live Local TV

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
i finally cancelled cable, tired of forking over $$$ for a million channels of nothing

good idea, but I only pay my internet ($85 a month) and I stream.. I pay $11 a month and get 2000 english channels of live tv and also have VOD all PPVs the whole package you just need to grab an android box.. and pay nothing with pirate apps if your not interested Live Local TV
just with some cheap rabbit-ears i did a scan and got like 30 local channels - good enough for now