Random Thoughts Thread

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
no its me telling u that ur fucking BORING
I thought that's what you were getting at. Sorry, I'm a boring BAStard. That's what you're gonna get from me - a trip down Boredom Lane.
:Cheers:
it was for the haze and he knows it cuz he gummed the hook really fast lol

ps - football is still boring af lol. seriously its 10mins of action per 3 hr game

Vile_Vixen

Factory Bastard
tumblr_m58807dnM31qdlh1io1_400.gif

BF trolls

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
The #1 Worst Self Sabotaging Habit

When I delivered a keynote earlier this year at the first annual CAHU Women’s Leadership Summit, I covered a list of self sabotaging behaviors that can get in your way, and hold you back. The list included
  • Self imposed barriers
  • Judgy comparisons
  • Making excuses
  • Defeating behaviors and routines
I’ve since concluded that these are all related to what I now consider the #1 worst self sabotaging habit. In a word, it’s RATIONALIZATION.

Hands down, I do believe the act of rationalizing will have the absolute worst impact on anyone’s momentum and success. Just take another look at that definition. It’s absolutely spot on and crystal clear.
If you regularly engage in this seemingly comforting behavior, chances are you are holding yourself back by getting in your own way. And it’s a fairly universal application - we can rationalize about dang near any and everything. Spending, eating, exercising, cussing, gossiping, work, chores, disciplining our kids, shopping, gambling, ETC. The list is endless. And I’m sure you get the point. Now, I’m not trying to spoil anyone’s fun and freedom. We can do - or not do - whatever we want, particularly in America. But as we all know, every decision we make has consequences. In other words, every decision you make will take you closer to a goal, or lead you further away.
For example, if I want to drop a size or two ahead of an upcoming vacation, every single decision I make will either support or thwart that goal. If I decide to indulge in the sweet treats at the office to celebrate that month’s birthdays, it’s a small departure from my goal. I can rationalize it - it’s small, it’s one cupcake, it won’t matter to the big picture. Later that week, I might skip a workout because the bed is just too cozy to get out of on these colder mornings. And next it might be a few fries someone ordered at the holiday party. True story. And they were so yummy. Hey… as I like to say in clients’ open enrollments when I bring donuts: There’s also your emotional wellbeing, and that matters too. Bacon donuts can be oh-so-soothing, can’t they?
Ha! But I digress. The point is, we can really hinder our progress toward any goal or aspiration by rationalizing our little day to day decisions, and it’s so sad. We are wired to indulge our desires. So, while some of us have willpower and self discipline to conquer any rationalization, others - including myself - are not naturally inclined to deny ourselves and thereby struggle to stay on track. It’s something I have to work on very deliberately, but so worth it - as anyone who’s ever fought their way to achievement will tell you. Think of all those Dave Ramsey followers who have put in the sacrifices to make that “We’re debt free” proclamation. They did not get there by rationalizing too many goodies at the grocery store, or just one more pedicure, or dinner delivery. They got there by staying focused, determined and by NOT rationalizing what may seem like trivial inconsequetial choices, which in reality can add up quickly and stack your own deck against you.
I don’t have a magic pill to cure this habit, but you don’t really need one. All you need is to be aware of it, recognize whether it’s an issue for you, and take deliberate action to beat it. Your future thanks you in advance, and you can do hard things.

Swamp-Duck

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I saw a rabbit in my garden and put some salad and veg out, now there’s loads of shit, little poops, maybe there’s a posse of rabbits, or just one, anyone know if rabbits shit allot ?

Vile_Vixen

Factory Bastard
I saw a rabbit in my garden and put some salad and veg out, now there’s loads of shit, little poops, maybe there’s a posse of rabbits, or just one, anyone know if rabbits shit allot ?

He probably brought his friends & family assuming he’d found a feast :Excited3:

On the up side, the poop is great fertilizer

Damaged Maven

A little older and a little stupider than most.
Site Supporter
The #1 Worst Self Sabotaging Habit

When I delivered a keynote earlier this year at the first annual CAHU Women’s Leadership Summit, I covered a list of self sabotaging behaviors that can get in your way, and hold you back. The list included
  • Self imposed barriers
  • Judgy comparisons
  • Making excuses
  • Defeating behaviors and routines
I’ve since concluded that these are all related to what I now consider the #1 worst self sabotaging habit. In a word, it’s RATIONALIZATION.

Hands down, I do believe the act of rationalizing will have the absolute worst impact on anyone’s momentum and success. Just take another look at that definition. It’s absolutely spot on and crystal clear.
If you regularly engage in this seemingly comforting behavior, chances are you are holding yourself back by getting in your own way. And it’s a fairly universal application - we can rationalize about dang near any and everything. Spending, eating, exercising, cussing, gossiping, work, chores, disciplining our kids, shopping, gambling, ETC. The list is endless. And I’m sure you get the point. Now, I’m not trying to spoil anyone’s fun and freedom. We can do - or not do - whatever we want, particularly in America. But as we all know, every decision we make has consequences. In other words, every decision you make will take you closer to a goal, or lead you further away.
For example, if I want to drop a size or two ahead of an upcoming vacation, every single decision I make will either support or thwart that goal. If I decide to indulge in the sweet treats at the office to celebrate that month’s birthdays, it’s a small departure from my goal. I can rationalize it - it’s small, it’s one cupcake, it won’t matter to the big picture. Later that week, I might skip a workout because the bed is just too cozy to get out of on these colder mornings. And next it might be a few fries someone ordered at the holiday party. True story. And they were so yummy. Hey… as I like to say in clients’ open enrollments when I bring donuts: There’s also your emotional wellbeing, and that matters too. Bacon donuts can be oh-so-soothing, can’t they?
Ha! But I digress. The point is, we can really hinder our progress toward any goal or aspiration by rationalizing our little day to day decisions, and it’s so sad. We are wired to indulge our desires. So, while some of us have willpower and self discipline to conquer any rationalization, others - including myself - are not naturally inclined to deny ourselves and thereby struggle to stay on track. It’s something I have to work on very deliberately, but so worth it - as anyone who’s ever fought their way to achievement will tell you. Think of all those Dave Ramsey followers who have put in the sacrifices to make that “We’re debt free” proclamation. They did not get there by rationalizing too many goodies at the grocery store, or just one more pedicure, or dinner delivery. They got there by staying focused, determined and by NOT rationalizing what may seem like trivial inconsequetial choices, which in reality can add up quickly and stack your own deck against you.
I don’t have a magic pill to cure this habit, but you don’t really need one. All you need is to be aware of it, recognize whether it’s an issue for you, and take deliberate action to beat it. Your future thanks you in advance, and you can do hard things.
Who knew you could post bricks on the interwebs?

X

xXx
Site Supporter
That that dood up there is a broke faggiT :LMAO2:

Last edited:

X

xXx
Site Supporter
anybody who has to tell people what they made didn't make that...plus I don't think you could suck that much trucker dick tbh but hey I could be wrong .. just a random thought .

Last edited:

Damaged Maven

Site Supporter
Even more important, it's Supebowl sunday!
Go Chiefs, eh? I don't have a like or dislike for either team. I'll be quietly rooting for the Chiefs, though.
First chance in 50 years. Gonna be a good game regardless the result. As an additional pressie, Tom Brady will be at home beating his wife... meat... whatever.

Damaged Maven

Site Supporter
There's a French satellite in the western sky, not quite in geosynchronous orbit, that shows up this time of year. Really bright and pretty. Anyone else notice it?

Damaged Maven

Site Supporter
Thinking about buying a cheap acoustic guitar. A small 'parlor style' acoustic to play around with. Talk me into it or talk me out of it.
Late to the party. I bought the ex a 12 string for $18 at a pawn shop. It took a mental leap to realize that if you remove 6 strings from a 12 string... you get a 6 string with different timing. I wound up playing with it more than she did. I have no music in me and never learned to play, but I learned the mathematics in music. From a cheap guitar.

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
hmmm, mathematics in music … that's an interesting way to think of it. For whatever reason, my musical knowledge doesn't translate to guitar. I had piano lessons and learned how to read music. I played trumpet. All of that seems kind of linear to me. Guitar is more like geometry. I can sort of understand the shapes but making my hand and fingers try to do that doesn't come natural.