Save the Environment!!!

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
I like the way smart libs wrecked energy independence here in the US in favor of drilling for oil in other places located on this sphere of ours

cause, you know, it's for the planet :LOL3:

they tried to utilize corn as a fuel resource and the cost of food skyrocketed… it’s in everything

Global warming will ensure that investments in education and technology will decline and over $106 billion of coastal property will be underwater by 2050.
The cost of food is skyrocketing now.

what I’m talking about occurred about 15 years ago…

I’ve noticed about a 30% increase in food cost overall. What the hell is up with all the bomb/fires of food plants? It isn’t stopping. They hit an egg packing plant last I saw.
Have you noticed the price of Amazon Prime and streaming has gone up significantly ?

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
250 plus million cars. How much power to electrify all of them?

A fuckin shit load.

In comparison to the power available from natural resources it's infinitesimal.

You're trying to state that a technology that's in its infancy is incapable of replacing fossil fuels then you're right. It's already written that it can't remain that way though.
So, a 2 port fast charger uses about 70kw at 480 volts. The service to your house is typically 100 or 200 amps. Even with a fast charger, it takes 1/2 hour to get to over 50%.

Now, how many large windmills does it take to CONTINUOUSLY provide reliable 70K worth of power?

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
I like the way smart libs wrecked energy independence here in the US in favor of drilling for oil in other places located on this sphere of ours

they tried to utilize corn as a fuel resource and the cost of food skyrocketed… it’s in everything

Global warming will ensure that investments in education and technology will decline and over $106 billion of coastal property will be underwater by 2050.

I’ve noticed about a 30% increase in food cost overall. What the hell is up with all the bomb/fires of food plants? It isn’t stopping. They hit an egg packing plant last I saw.
Have you noticed the price of Amazon Prime and streaming has gone up significantly ?

he pays for those… but I’m sure that they have along with everything else that’s about to spike

I don’t really watch tv… it’s background noise in my world

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Charging stations for cars will need to be more like 150KW at 600 volts before they charge in 15 minutes.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

he pays for those… but I’m sure that they have along with everything else that’s about to spike

What would Bigly Stupid do without movies? They are his source of inspirational quotes...

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️

A fuckin shit load.

You're trying to state that a technology that's in its infancy is incapable of replacing fossil fuels then you're right. It's already written that it can't remain that way though.
So, a 2 port fast charger uses about 70kw at 480 volts. The service to your house is typically 100 or 200 amps. Even with a fast charger, it takes 1/2 hour to get to over 50%.

Now, how many large windmills does it take to CONTINUOUSLY provide reliable 70K worth of power?

It really depends on the potential of the windmill. Some are high efficiency.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

A fuckin shit load.

It really depends on the potential of the windmill. Some are high efficiency.

Look, we really need to look at nuclear energy for a clean and affordable source of energy.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

I watch almost no TV

but I did notice how Amazon movie rentals have gone up significantly

for me this is a pestering nuance as I can still afford as much of it as I want. But to some family in Baltimore tethering the poverty line? Probably not so fortunate

That said, why would Ole Jeff be raising prices on streaming video and cloud services right around the time there is a world wide shortage of chips and people are already suffering from ""transitory"" inflation

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

What would Bigly Stupid do without movies? They are his source of inspirational quotes...
Excuse me cow. Murdock and I are having one of those "adult and healthy discussions" you've been screeching about

so please take your foul body odor and bad breath elsewhere. K, cow?

thank you

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Excuse me cow. Murdock and I are having one of those "adult and healthy discussions" you've been screeching about

thank you

I'm not talking to you fucktardo

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

thank you

No ... but your fat disgusting slob of an ass is farting in the elevator and we can all smell it

bounce.. cow... literally

The Scoundrel

Total Twat
Charging stations for cars will need to be more like 150KW at 600 volts before they charge in 15 minutes.

You keep saying that we don't have the knowledge to do it yet.

Are you still going to be saying that in 100 years when dystopia becomes reality or will you be a trailblazer and try to do something about it?

They are your only choices.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

thank you

No ... but your fat disgusting slob of an ass is farting in the elevator and we can all smell it

So fuck the fuck off since I'm not talking to you.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Now, figure the average 100k populated city has 30 to 40 filling stations. One by my house has 12 pumps. If its electricity, and chargers of 100KW are installed, thats 12,000KW of power. I regularly see this station nearly full

You keep saying that we don't have the knowledge to do it yet.

Are you still going to be saying that in 100 years when dystopia becomes reality or will you be a trailblazer and try to do something about it?

They are your only choices.
No, its the scale of using solar and wind.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

thank you

quit farting in the elevator then you dumb fat atrocity of a cow

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

thank you

:facepalm:

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
So, chargers are actually power inverters. Inverters require a 20% extra capacity from the power grid. For example, for a 100KW charger, you need at least 120KW for the grid to support it and thats if the transmission distance is 100 feet or less.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

thank you

More trite bull shit. Zero value

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

thank you

More trite bull shit. Zero value

spammers are gonna spam

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
So, lets do some basic math:

250 million cars which is a conservative estimate.

Say we electrify them all and you need enough chargers for 1/5th of them. 50,000,000 chargers of 100KW each, requiring 120KW each to produce reliable charging. Thats 6,000,000 MW of power.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Now this 6 million megawatts is passenger cars. How about all the trucks? I bet that'll double it!

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Now you can go on the web and ask how many MW the entire grid has and see its 1.2 million MW.

See the problem?

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
And BTW, about 12% of that is renewables.

You cant talk all this green energy bullshit and just think the energy fairys gonna make it happen!

The Scoundrel

Total Twat

You cant talk all this green energy bullshit and just think the energy fairys gonna make it happen!

There's an Energy Fairy?

Well that's all our problems solved then.

I thought it was going to take research on an unprecedented level and all the ingenuity the human race could muster but fuck!!

An Energy Fairy! Thank the Big Fella in the sky.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

There's an Energy Fairy?

Well that's all our problems solved then.

I thought it was going to take research on an unprecedented level and all the ingenuity the human race could muster but fuck!!

An Energy Fairy! Thank the Big Fella in the sky.
Nope, and thats the point. And if you think adding 4X the production capacity is doable with renewals, you dont appreciate the monumentous problem it is. Not only to we need to add the power generation capacity, we also need to increase the voltage carrying capacity.

I invite anyone to refute my numbers.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
BTW, research on solar and wind wont add capacity.

We'd need 10X what we currently have just to equal what we currently have and 40 times that just to charge all cars. Thats nothing extra for anything else.

Last edited:

The Scoundrel

Total Twat
Nope, and thats the point. And if you think adding 4X the production capacity is doable with renewals, you dont appreciate the monumentous problem it is. Not only to we need to add the power generation capacity, we also need to increase the voltage carrying capacity.

So. You are in effect the angel of doom saying that no matter what we do or what radical advances we make we're fucked anyway?

Don't have children. You're too depressing.

200 years ago steam engines were the most modern and remarkable of inventions.

Forgive me if I bet on our side.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
I vote for fancy golf carts. We just take more time to get there, but it’s funner because you are in the sun getting fresh air.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

So. You are in effect the angel of doom saying that no matter what we do or what radical advances we make we're fucked anyway?

Don't have children. You're too depressing.

200 years ago steam engines were the most modern and remarkable of inventions.

Forgive me if I bet on our side.
I'm asking you for your input on how this will be possible via remewals. We are closing fossil fueled powerplants, terminating the production of gas powered vehicles, and have no clear pathway to growing the power grid in 15 years.