Severe affordable housing crisis in the US

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
☠️Private Forum Access
exacerbated by evil landlords. What is wrong with people?

Some landlords are taking pandemic rental assistance AND screwing their tenants over. For example:

Despite his landlord getting more than $20,000 in rental assistance, Prince Beatty is facing imminent eviction from his three-bedroom house in East Point, Georgia.

After the money was approved, Beatty signed an agreement in court late last year to pay several thousand dollars more that he owed as a condition to remain housed. He went back to the county for additional assistance to cover the balance but says he was denied. Unable to find warehouse work during the pandemic, the 47-year-old Navy veteran still can't pay rent and is now $12,000 behind, in part due to his rent increasing from $1,250-a-month to $2,000.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
You are an idiot. "Despite getting back rental assistance he is still facing eviction!". The useless lazy fucker hadn't paid his rent for two years and still isn't bothering to pay his rent. Just because government handouts paid part of the back rent doesn't mean he doesn't owe current rent. If the you don't pay rent then, yes, the landlord needs to get rid of your dead beat ass.

This is a perfect example of the child like stupidity of liberals. " Why should I bother to work? Why can't someone else give me everything I want for free?"

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
Also, all the illegal eviction moratorium did was cause rents to go up. People need to make up for loses incurred plus a lot of small landlords simply decided the bull shit wasn't worth it and sold so those houses are no longer available for rent. Fewer houses for rent and more demand for renters means higher prices. As always liberals are to stupid to figure out the effects their poorly thought out and economically illiterate policies cause though.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
Oh, and the same idiot leftists whining about affordable housing are the same fools who voted in Democrats who blocked every development for decades unless Developers paid kick backs to those same corrupt Democrats. They are the same fools who supported all the excess regulations which drove up prices. They are the same fools who caused everything they are now complaining about. It is cause and effect and these mental children are too stupid to see that so I have no pity for them.

Dove

Domestically feral
Factory Bastard
I know someone whose parents had to foreclose on their rental property because the tenents didn't pay their rent and while that was going on, the owners still had to pay the mortgage.

Guess what? Now no one has that house.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
☠️Private Forum Access
You are an idiot. "Despite getting back rental assistance he is still facing eviction!". The useless lazy fucker hadn't paid his rent for two years and still isn't bothering to pay his rent. Just because government handouts paid part of the back rent doesn't mean he doesn't owe current rent. If the you don't pay rent then, yes, the landlord needs to get rid of your dead beat ass.

This is a perfect example of the child like stupidity of liberals. " Why should I bother to work? Why can't someone else give me everything I want for free?"

He paid his rent, you liar. And then the landlord raised the rent 60%. Of course I knew you would be the first to defend the shark.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
☠️Private Forum Access
I know someone whose parents had to foreclose on their rental property because the tenents didn't pay their rent and while that was going on, the owners still had to pay the mortgage.

So? This is not that story. Of course that kind of thing can happen. But this is the story of people who paid their rent AND THEN faced eviction, and of the disastrous lack of affordable housing in the US.

Dove

Domestically feral
Factory Bastard
First off she was renting from a rental company.(first person in the article)

He paid his rent, you liar. And then the landlord raised the rent 60%. Of course I knew you would be the first to defend the shark.

"
His landlord, Monique Jones, said she tried to work with Beatty. But she said he violated the lease by subletting rooms to several other people and that the amount of rental assistance has not covered losses from months of unpaid rent that started before the pandemic.

“It was helpful but it did not address the underlying issue which is his nonpayment of rent," she said of the rental assistance. "That still remains and that is rightfully why I am proceeding. If I have a tenant who will pay rent and abides by the lease, I would not attempt to evict.”"

This was right in the article.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
☠️Private Forum Access
Here's the title of the article, for those who have reading comprehension issues and were confused by the op

Landlords finding ways to evict after getting rental aid

Dove

Domestically feral
Factory Bastard

So? This is not that story. Of course that kind of thing can happen. But this is the story of people who paid their rent AND THEN faced eviction, and of the disastrous lack of affordable housing in the US.

That is the kind of things that's BEEN happening. Way more than this idea that landlords are heartlessly kicking people out for unknown reasons.....that makes ZERO sense.

What sense does that make? If people are paying why the fuck would they get booted? You know it costs money to do that? They need to pay to evict, pay to clean up and cover costs until another renter is found. They dont WANT that.

And yeah rents are raised. Do you know WHY?

Dove

Domestically feral
Factory Bastard
Here's the title of the article, for those who have reading comprehension issues and were confused by the op

From the article itself

"His landlord, Monique Jones, said she tried to work with Beatty. But she said he violated the lease by subletting rooms to several other people and that the amount of rental assistance has not covered losses from months of unpaid rent that started before the pandemic.

“It was helpful but it did not address the underlying issue which is his nonpayment of rent," she said of the rental assistance. "That still remains and that is rightfully why I am proceeding. If I have a tenant who will pay rent and abides by the lease, I would not attempt to evict.”"

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
☠️Private Forum Access

From the article itself

"His landlord, Monique Jones, said she tried to work with Beatty. But she said he violated the lease by subletting rooms to several other people and that the amount of rental assistance has not covered losses from months of unpaid rent that started before the pandemic.

That was one person. It's not what the others cited in the article did. Cherry picker.

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter

Some landlords are taking pandemic rental assistance AND screwing their tenants over. For example:

Despite his landlord getting more than $20,000 in rental assistance, Prince Beatty is facing imminent eviction from his three-bedroom house in East Point, Georgia.

After the money was approved, Beatty signed an agreement in court late last year to pay several thousand dollars more that he owed as a condition to remain housed. He went back to the county for additional assistance to cover the balance but says he was denied. Unable to find warehouse work during the pandemic, the 47-year-old Navy veteran still can't pay rent and is now $12,000 behind, in part due to his rent increasing from $1,250-a-month to $2,000.

Looks like going blue did absolutely nothing for the average people of Georgia

yeah, you democrats sucks ass

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter

It's called inflation you moron. Something your side has caused with their idiot polices.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
They should just get rid of renting in the US and force everyone who cant afford to buy to be homeless. Fuk the bums!!!!!

Dove

Domestically feral
Factory Bastard

From the article itself

That was one person. It's not what the others cited in the article did. Cherry picker.

Yeah. The other was a woman they briefly mentioned who rented from a rental company.

If you are ignoring the guy they focused on.... doesnt that make you a cherry picker?

Joe

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
Canada is just as bad for high rents in the larger cities.

Average rent in Vancouver is over $2000 Canadian now ($1500 UD) at $2200 ($1650 USD):

16% increase over last year.

...a major reason nobody wants ta move anymore.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard

Why are you too stupid to read your own link?

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard

Please kill yourself. There is only so much stupid we can stand.

Last edited:

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard

"
But she said he violated the lease by subletting rooms to several other people and that the amount of rental assistance has not covered losses from months of unpaid rent that started before the pandemic.

“It was helpful but it did not address the underlying issue which is his nonpayment of rent," she said of the rental assistance. "That still remains and that is rightfully why I am proceeding. If I have a tenant who will pay rent and abides by the lease, I would not attempt to evict.”
"

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard

Hahahahaha!!!

LettuceBrain reads the title of an article and thinks that trumps what is actually stated in the article.

She is so fuckin' stupid!!!

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
A related note. I passed out from drinking to much last night. I had a big plate of chicken tendies along with dipping sauce made up of sour cream with with onion dip sauce added. As I fell asleep the cat came in to eat most of the chicken teddies as well as the onion and sour cream sauce. I found him laying next to me, on his back, with his belly in the air.

Kitty loved chicken tendies along with sour cream. The fat fucker gourged himself until there wasn't anything left.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard

"
But she said he violated the lease by subletting rooms to several other people and that the amount of rental assistance has not covered losses from months of unpaid rent that started before the pandemic.

“It was helpful but it did not address the underlying issue which is his nonpayment of rent," she said of the rental assistance. "That still remains and that is rightfully why I am proceeding. If I have a tenant who will pay rent and abides by the lease, I would not attempt to evict.”
"

The whore is a dunce. She can't even read.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
Rent reflects real estate prices.

So many immigrants increase demand for real estate, which drives up prices.

You love immigrants, then do not complain about high rent.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard

This is called market rate, whore. You and your fellow dullards caused this. What is the major malfunction which prevents from understanding this. It is cause and effect, moron.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard

The fuckers still aren't paying. Of course landlord want rid of them. Any intelligent being would.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard

From the article itself

Go fuck yourself, shit hag. That was your own example. Pay your fucking rent, shit stain.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
Nothing is stopping LettuceBrain from buying a multi-unit complex and allowing people to live there rent-free.