Severe affordable housing crisis in the US

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
☠️Private Forum Access
Canada is just as bad for high rents in the larger cities.

Average rent in Vancouver is over $2000 Canadian now ($1500 UD) at $2200 ($1650 USD):

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

16% increase over last year.

...a major reason nobody wants ta move anymore.

It's not sustainable. There will be homeless people everywhere.

There are almost no homeless people here. It's a much better way to run a society.

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter

Average rent in Vancouver is over $2000 Canadian now ($1500 UD) at $2200 ($1650 USD):

There are almost no homeless people here. It's a much better way to run a society.
Leaching off the EU is a better way to run a society?

why am I not surprised a commie rat bag would say that?

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
☠️Private Forum Access

No one's leeching off of anyone, you selfish, lonely, ugly, bankrupt soul. It's called being human.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
☠️Private Forum Access

No one's leeching off of anyone, you selfish, lonely, ugly, bankrupt soul. It's called being human.

I should amend that. The ultra-rich are indeed leeching off the working class. Always have. They are soulless.

Admin.

Hello dad, I'm in jail, Hi dad, Happy Birthday Dad
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access

He's a byproduct of miscegenation, such a burden to shoulder, he should be pitied not scorned.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

No, it’s called lazy pieces of shit living off the hard work of others you communist deviant slag hag

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

He's a byproduct of miscegenation, such a burden to shoulder, he should be pitied not scorned.
Wassup noodle neck dick licker

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
if the EU abandoned Portugal tomorrow those parasites would starve in the streets

yeah, that's a better society...lol

Dove

Domestically feral
Factory Bastard

I should amend that. The ultra-rich are indeed leeching off the working class. Always have. They are soulless.

Yeah. You should totally make sure middle class property owners get forced into forecloser because it's the "human" thing and then ignore the fact corps are buying up all the properties.

You literally bash the working class constantly and support GovCo attacks on them and then claim to care about what's good for workers.

Reality check. The working class is rebeling against the policies you support as we speak.

I have to wonder who you think the workers even are. You argue against workers all the time right here.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard

I virtually all of those street drug addicts were created by you soft on crime liberals who declared drugs were great and it is immoral to force people into treatment. You did this. Everything your side touches turns to shit.

Dove

Domestically feral
Factory Bastard
I'm curious what they think the ideal solution is.

It seems like they just think the state should own everything and assign housing to people like NK.

I just dont get how they think this should be handled.

Also many people on the street dont want to be bothered with any help. They are busy with heavy substance abuse and have no desire to change this. If they actually understood the dynamic and nature of drug addiction, their opinions on this may be very different.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
Also many people on the street dont want to be bothered with any help.

And not just drug addiction, but a wide range of mental health issues. These people are unable to help themselves and need to be placed in a regimented treatment plan.

Trump recognized this problem and wanted to open up treatment facilities again to help these mentally ill people. Democrats are against it, or course.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
85% of the street homeless in California are addicts. Fact.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard

Yeah, but that does not mean the underlying problem is drug addiction.

You get these people off drugs, and a lot of them are mentally ill.

So, for many of them, getting them clean and sober is only a first step.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

85% of them are irredeemable pieces of shit that should be thrown off a bridge

Then take the money we used to spend on these low lives and help work the 15% of those homeless that shouldn't be homeless back into society.

problem solved

Oh, and strangle anyone who thinks like admin and lotus

and put that ugly monster levon in an iron mask so he can't scare kids anymore with his disgusting face

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard

Then take the money we used to spend on these low lives and help work the 15% of those homeless that shouldn't be homeless back into society.

problem solved

and put that ugly monster levon in an iron mask so he can't scare kids anymore with his disgusting face

Haha!!

I am not sure of the percentages, but certainly some of them should be locked-up. I get the killing them idea, but that is a slippery slope.

A better idea would be a civil war. The whack jobs would be on the side of the SJWs and they could all be killed off in a proper, honourable way.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

problem solved

Haha!!

I am not sure of the percentages, but certainly some of them should be locked-up. I get the killing them idea, but that is a slippery slope.

A better idea would be a civil war. The whack jobs would be on the side of the SJWs and they could all be killed off in a proper, honourable way.
I would feed someone like Levon to my dogs

Fact

Admin.

Hello dad, I'm in jail, Hi dad, Happy Birthday Dad
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
Watch out America, gaming chair commandos are ruff, tuff and tenacious! And they're armed with Chihuahuas!

8637016158_e9f0873217_b.jpg

Dove

Domestically feral
Factory Bastard

And not just drug addiction, but a wide range of mental health issues. These people are unable to help themselves and need to be placed in a regimented treatment plan.

Trump recognized this problem and wanted to open up treatment facilities again to help these mentally ill people. Democrats are against it, or course.

Well if anyone solves the problem, these people cant be used to argue against capitalism.

Dems/progs need them on the streets. It gives them an issue to use. They will use policies that make the problem worse and say "see?! capitalism did this! You people just hate the poor!".

That's why. You can watch them doing this.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard

Well if anyone solves the problem, these people cant be used to argue against capitalism.

Dems/progs need them on the streets. It gives them an issue to use. They will use policies that make the problem worse and say "see?! capitalism did this! You people just hate the poor!".

That's why. You can watch them doing this.

And the low-IQ LettuceBrains of the world lap it up.

This is one of the reasons I do not like democracy. They prey on retards and the vote of the retard is worth the same as an intelligent, informed person.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard

Actually yer not the only one who's mentioned that about the Vancouver housing situation. Even businesses & business leaders here have stated that the current state of affairs is not sustainable.

In reality I think it has far less to do in my city with an actual housing shortage than greed & hoarding much of it from offshore investors.

They've actually achieved a real life monopoly game situation by buying up the properties and cornering the market so they can keep on jacking up the rents and house prices. This is also occuring in the United States to the extent that pro business right wing Fox News made stories about it.

New laws and taxes levied to discourage land hoarding & make the purpose of housing to be lived in by real local residents. I would tax land hoarders or overseas shill buyers.

Interestingly the Sheik of Dubai takes better care of and protects his own people than we do. You can make plenty of money there but you can't own the land. Only u a e citizens are allowed to.

Last edited:

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
@Joe I do not think you have done the research, or that you understand the complexity of the problem.

Even if land is free, how much does it cost to grade the land, bring in services, and build a house or multi-unit structure?

That cost will determine real estate prices. Real estate prices determine rental costs.

"They come in and jack up the prices." is a little simplistic, even for you @Joe.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
☠️Private Forum Access
@Joe I do not think you have done the research, or that you understand the complexity of the problem.

Even if land is free, how much does it cost to grade the land, bring in services, and build a house or multi-unit structure?

That cost will determine real estate prices. Real estate prices determine rental costs.

"They come in and jack up the prices." is a little simplistic, even for you @Joe.

OMG. Everyone knows it's complex. But, yes, they jack up the prices, even with all the complexities. It's a rigged game, and it's rigged in favor of the rich, not the working class. Real estate prices go far beyond the cost of the land and the structures.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access

There is an addiction crisis in this country. No one addresses the root causes in this country. We have finger pointing and band-aid interventions.

Our society is falling apart and people think blaming one side rather than addressing the issues on a pragmatic level is the way to go. We're pathetic.