Study links low IQ to racism

Q

Dictator of the Bastard Factory
Banned
People with a low IQ are more prone to racism. According to lead researcher Dr. Gordon Hodson, people with low IQ are more likely to be attracted to conservative thinking because they seek "structure and order". Because the conservative ideology is against change, prejudices are more readily developed and that would lead to racism.

People in America have reacted furiously to the results of the study.
The Huffington Post asked psychologist Dr. Brian Nosek of the University of Virginia, Faculty of Psychology, to comment. He confirms the findings of the investigation.

Reality is complicated and messy. […] Ideologies get rid of that messy and come up with a simple solution. So it is not surprising that people with less cognitive capacity are more likely to be attracted to an ideology that simplifies the world for them.

Swamp-Duck

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Yeah some people just don’t know their own mind and follow whatever the people around them are doing, them kind of people are a bit thick, but then you have folk who’ve seen and experienced allot , and know their own mind...

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
People with a low IQ are more prone to racism. According to lead researcher Dr. Gordon Hodson, people with low IQ are more likely to be attracted to conservative thinking because they seek "structure and order". Because the conservative ideology is against change, prejudices are more readily developed and that would lead to racism.

The Huffington Post asked psychologist Dr. Brian Nosek of the University of Virginia, Faculty of Psychology, to comment. He confirms the findings of the investigation.

Reality is complicated and messy. […] Ideologies get rid of that messy and come up with a simple solution. So it is not surprising that people with less cognitive capacity are more likely to be attracted to an ideology that simplifies the world for them.

Makes perfect sense.

Reactions: Q

X

xXx
Site Supporter
afz.jpg

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Max, conservatives are not against change. They simply want they simply want the pace of change to be slower, more considered, and to not just swap thing willy-nilly. As you should have learned in polisci 101 every group on the political spectrum, other than reactionaries (who want to return society to a previous social order) wants society to progress forward. Where they differ is upon the rates of change and how radical the reordering of society should be.

At least take the time to get a basic understanding of things before you try to pontificate on a topic.

OP
OP
Q

Q

Banned
Max, conservatives are not against change. They simply want they simply want the pace of change to be slower, more considered, and to not just swap thing willy-nilly. As you should have learned in polisci 101 every group on the political spectrum, other than reactionaries (who want to return society to a previous social order) wants society to progress forward. Where they differ is upon the rates of change and how radical the reordering of society should be.

At least take the time to get a basic understanding of things before you try to pontificate on a topic.
Thanks for your reply, but what are you replying to? Did I ever claim conservatives are against change?

Or do you refer to someone else by "max"? It's better to use the tags, simply type an @ followed by the first characters of the persons alias and you can click the one correct one (or fully type it if you prefer that)

rigor79

missing siamese eyes.
Site Supporter

so ollllllllllllllllld.... prone to racism, drugs, alcohol, violence, crime and the further downward spiral ... true ... but this old in daily life you see that ... tho some rich f up to ..

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
You did indeed say “conservative ideology is against change”. They are against change simply for the sake of change (they have a if it isn’t broken don’t fix it attitude) but they are pretty willing to support change which is well thought out and has a good reason as to why change is needed.

OP
OP
Q

Q

Banned
You did indeed say “conservative ideology is against change”. They are against change simply for the sake of change (they have a if it isn’t broken don’t fix it attitude) but they are pretty willing to support change which is well thought out and has a good reason as to why change is needed.
In the text I copied, I see it! I just liked the article and thought it would be good for a nice discussion.
But these are the words of Dr. Gordon Hodson

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Ok, sorry, I mistook the first part as your words. If you used the quote function that would solve problems like this. That said, the very fact that the first paragraph contains factual errors doesn’t bode well for the veracity of the so called study. Many, many, many of these “studies” really are not objective studies in any sense of the word and instead are just ideological circle jerks. I don’t they had any way to control various other factors which makes their so called findings rather worthless.

Personally, I’d bet money character traits such as openness to new ideas/experiences vs preferring familiar knows would be a stronger case. Without proper controls you end up with junk nonscience; studies like “85% of racists wear black shoes therefor wearing black shoes makes you racist!”. Sadly, that is much of the social sciences these days.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Q

Q

Banned
Ok, sorry, I mistook the first part as your words.
No, I'm not that dude. I posted the article mainly for the low IQ statement he made :)

No problem, mistakes are human. At least we now know you are one :LOL2:

rigor79

missing siamese eyes.
Site Supporter
In the text I copied, I see it! I just liked the article and thought it would be good for a nice discussion.
But these are the words of Dr. Gordon Hodson
and because he's a dr. we just need to believe all of it? mmmm

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Ok, sorry, I mistook the first part as your words.
No, I'm not that dude. I posted the article mainly for the low IQ statement he made :)

No problem, mistakes are human. At least we now know you are one :LOL2:

Thank you. Like I said, if you used the quote feature when you are quoting someone problems like this would be avoided.

Reactions: Q