The food thread...

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Nah man, I hate seafood Lulz.

You just havent had GOOD seafood lol. Throw your cook in the oven! lol
King prawn tacos are divine!

I LOVE shrimp tacos. We dont have prawns here, but I had them in Seattle, they like Mega Shrimp lol.
We have more with king prawn than shrimp... Scottish langoustine are excellent but expensive as you only get them off our West coast...
aSADeaK.jpg

I love langoustines. My favorite fish house in Las Vegas usually (when covid wasn't a thing) had them daily flown in from the Faroe Islands. They are actually wide spread and even found in the Mediterranean and off NW Africa but the best come from col waters. You are right that they are expensive; easily 2-3 times the cost of lobster here in the US.
Most of the Scottish ones end up in France apparantly, smh most people here would rather eat deep fried fish...

Love some fried catfish and fried salmon lol.
I've never tried catfish, I don't usually enjoy freshwater fish like trout etc

I gotcha.

Some say they can taste dirt lol. I've never had that issue.

I've never had trout, but my friend caught some native trout here, and said it was the best fish in his life.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

I LOVE shrimp tacos. We dont have prawns here, but I had them in Seattle, they like Mega Shrimp lol.
We have more with king prawn than shrimp... Scottish langoustine are excellent but expensive as you only get them off our West coast...
aSADeaK.jpg

I love langoustines. My favorite fish house in Las Vegas usually (when covid wasn't a thing) had them daily flown in from the Faroe Islands. They are actually wide spread and even found in the Mediterranean and off NW Africa but the best come from col waters. You are right that they are expensive; easily 2-3 times the cost of lobster here in the US.
Most of the Scottish ones end up in France apparantly, smh most people here would rather eat deep fried fish...

I gotcha.

I've never had trout, but my friend caught some native trout here, and said it was the best fish in his life.
The taste of trout makes me gag it's one of the few foods that do that to me... I like catching them though

Ice

Cold as Ice
Site Supporter

aSADeaK.jpg

I gotcha.

Trout can vary from very good to very bad. Best are the ones that come from cold water but Lake trout and Bull trout taste like wet sawdust no matter what kind of water they come from.
Best trout in my books is a Brook trout, some folks call them speckle trout. Rainbows and cutthroat are a close second.

OP
OP
Mr. 5050

Mr. 5050

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Are these meals you've cooked yourself or are they just Google images?

I cooked it all myself...

The last few years have been a sharp learning curve...

Nice, the cooking and prepping side of meal making has never interested me like it does with some people, I'm more bothered about eating it ha.

I was sick of supermarket crap and takeaway food left me feeling ill... Idk what they put in that shite these days but I felt like I'd been on a 3 day bender the next day...

I started by learning some basics then a new trick or two and it eventually snowballed...

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

Nice, the cooking and prepping side of meal making has never interested me like it does with some people, I'm more bothered about eating it ha.

I was sick of supermarket crap and takeaway food left me feeling ill... Idk what they put in that shite these days but I felt like I'd been on a 3 day bender the next day...

I started by learning some basics then a new trick or two and it eventually snowballed...
I like cooking too, even the simplest things like a homemade soup taste incredible compared to a tin or that...

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter

Do you home cook every meal from scratch? I know what you mean about takeaways, I dread to think what's in the burgers etc.

You should check these cooking channels out for some ideas, I watch them pretty regularly....

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

OP
OP
Mr. 5050

Mr. 5050

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Do you home cook every meal from scratch? I know what you mean about takeaways, I dread to think what's in the burgers etc.

You should check these cooking channels out for some ideas, I watch them pretty regularly....

Yep everything from basic ingredients... YouTube is a mine of information... I bought a madras in a jar for the first time in years, about a week ago... May as well have been eating watered down ketchup... Once you start, there's no going back...

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

aSADeaK.jpg

I gotcha.

Trout can vary from very good to very bad. Best are the ones that come from cold water but Lake trout and Bull trout taste like wet sawdust no matter what kind of water they come from.
Best trout in my books is a Brook trout, some folks call them speckle trout. Rainbows and cutthroat are a close second.

Right on!

Yeah the trout he had was in the national forest, in a stream that starts at the top of the mountain. What he did was against the law, we suppose to catch and release them. But given the opportunity, I would eat one too lol. It went from the water to foil to the fire to his plate lol.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

I use to LOVE to cook and bake, til my "dish washer" died, and I had to start doing dishes lol. Plus my home is empty but me these days. I miss cooking for others.

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter
Yep everything from basic ingredients... YouTube is a mine of information... I bought a madras in a jar for the first time in years, about a week ago... May as well have been eating watered down ketchup... Once you start, there's no going back...

That sauce shop ketchup or whatever it's called caught my eye, is it way better than the normal stuff?

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

I've seen some of the BBQ Pit Boys, makes me wanna do some of their shit lol.

I need a new grill this year. Charcoal one bit the dust, and the propane one aint far behind it.

Grills are expensive these days.

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter

I need a new grill this year. Charcoal one bit the dust, and the propane one aint far behind it.

They make some fucking amazing stuff, those boys would be great to chill with for sure ha.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

They make some fucking amazing stuff, those boys would be great to chill with for sure ha.

Hell yeah! I'd bring the moonshine lol.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

I use to LOVE to cook and bake, til my "dish washer" died, and I had to start doing dishes lol. Plus my home is empty but me these days. I miss cooking for others.
Get yourself a new woman bro, you deserve it...

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

Aw thanks man. Im going with the flow for now.

I got interested in a few, then found out they were married, then it was back to the drawing board lol.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

Aw thanks man. Im going with the flow for now.

I got interested in a few, then found out they were married, then it was back to the drawing board lol.
Yeah it's hard to find woman the older you get, the good ones are all married and/or have kids...
I'm not going out with someone who has dropped another mans kids, nope

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter

Hell yeah! I'd bring the moonshine lol.

They've always got some Jack close to hand.... it was the beercan burgers which lead me to their channel.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

aSADeaK.jpg

I gotcha.

Best trout I ever had was fresh caught rainbows or gden trout (the last one is our state fish). You cook them right after catching them so they are ultra fresh. I usually do salt, pepper, garlic powder and butter inside and out then stuff the I side with uncle Ben's rice. Wrap it all in tin foil and cook over a camp fire. Just place it on top of the cos and turn a few times so it cooks evenly.