Trumpers: Cancel Culture Bad. Also Trumpers: I'm canceling my sat dish, because it won't show my favorite cartoons anymore!

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way—in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only."

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Cancel culture was pioneered by the Left yet when people withdraw their financial support in a free market BECAUSE of cancel culture, Lefties get micro rage boners and strut around like M2F post ops in peacock plumes....

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Okay so who is shutting down and deplatforming Directtv?

Where is the cancel culture here?

Right so basically you dont even know what cancel culture even is, once again you have no idea what peoples frustrations even are.

So you come out with shit like this. Comparing canceling a service or not wanting to pay for a service or support a certain corp with completely shutting it down and deplatforming someone.

This is why you guys shouldnt be allowed to decide any policies. Nuance and details and implications are not your strong points. You wreck peoples rights.

That's how we end up with violent men getting into womens prisons. A violent predatory male who is 26 years old, who raped a 10 year old girl....being placed in female juvenile detention because of how he "SELF identifies".

All you guys care about is fighting your own neighbors no matter what it is. You cant even pause long enough in your hate fest to even understand what the fucking problem actually is. You accuse US of being "desperate for hate and division" while you all constantly twist everything into some strawman so you can accuse us of things we are not even saying and trash stances we dont even have. Such hypocrites.

If people keep telling you that you are not understanding their position, that you are twisting it and even call you a liar.....doesnt that ring any bells? That perhaps you are wrong ad fuck?

I'd say it's just you and you are an asshole... .but it's most all of you.

Remember what happened to Parler? How the big tech monopoly tried to squash it off the internet? Banning it from servers and everything? THAT was an example of cancel culture. Is that happening to DirectTV? Are people obligated to buy DirectTV services lest they be canceling them?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Silent Scream, try to tear your face apart.
Site Supporter ☠️
People are bandying around the word "cancel" as if it had no meaning.
272089073_1379581069162255_8394350248128973980_n.jpg

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

Right so basically you dont even know what cancel culture even is, once again you have no idea what peoples frustrations even are.

So you come out with shit like this. Comparing canceling a service or not wanting to pay for a service or support a certain corp with completely shutting it down and deplatforming someone.

This is why you guys shouldnt be allowed to decide any policies. Nuance and details and implications are not your strong points. You wreck peoples rights.

That's how we end up with violent men getting into womens prisons. A violent predatory male who is 26 years old, who raped a 10 year old girl....being placed in female juvenile detention because of how he "SELF identifies".

All you guys care about is fighting your own neighbors no matter what it is. You cant even pause long enough in your hate fest to even understand what the fucking problem actually is. You accuse US of being "desperate for hate and division" while you all constantly twist everything into some strawman so you can accuse us of things we are not even saying and trash stances we dont even have. Such hypocrites.

If people keep telling you that you are not understanding their position, that you are twisting it and even call you a liar.....doesnt that ring any bells? That perhaps you are wrong ad fuck?

Remember what happened to Parler? How the big tech monopoly tried to squash it off the internet? Banning it from servers and everything? THAT was an example of cancel culture. Is that happening to DirectTV? Are people obligated to buy DirectTV services lest they be canceling them?
You don't believe an American Company has the right to make it's own choices on what products it wants on its shelf and which ones it doesn't?

PS, how many people did Trump fire, while he was potus?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

You don't believe an American Company has the right to make it's own choices on what products it wants on its shelf and which ones it doesn't?

Of course I do. Where did I say otherwise?

The topic is you are comparing cancel culture to boycotting. It's not anywhere near the same thing.

Just like companies have a right to decide what products it sells, the people have a right to not do business with them. I dont support Nike at all....or any company that uses slave labor or has bad eco practices. That's not the same as me or a mob of people canceling them(deplatforming them or removing their ability to conduct business)

What does Trump firing people have to do with this? Seriously? I dont get the connection.

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

The topic is you are comparing cancel culture to boycotting. It's not anywhere near the same thing.

Just like companies have a right to decide what products it sells, the people have a right to not do business with them. I dont support Nike at all....or any company that uses slave labor or has bad eco practices. That's not the same as me or a mob of people canceling them(deplatforming them or removing their ability to conduct business)

What does Trump firing people have to do with this? Seriously? I dont get the connection.
It's EXACTLY the same thing, hello?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

No, it absolutely is NOT the same thing.

Cancel culture is what happened to Parler. When the Big Tech monopoly even had the site taken off servers. It's when you deplatform, silence and interfere with the person's ability to conduct business.

It's not at all the same thing as boycotting where you stop doing business with a certain business until they stop whatever bad practice you oppose. It's not the same at all.

HOW do you think it's the same thing? Absolutely no one who calls out cancel culture would agree it's the same as boycotts. It's not. People are not talking about boycotts when they talk about canceling. If it was just boycotts they would call it boycotts.

Are people removing DirectTVs ability to advertise or conduct business?

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

Cancel culture is what happened to Parler. When the Big Tech monopoly even had the site taken off servers. It's when you deplatform, silence and interfere with the person's ability to conduct business.

It's not at all the same thing as boycotting where you stop doing business with a certain business until they stop whatever bad practice you oppose. It's not the same at all.

HOW do you think it's the same thing? Absolutely no one who calls out cancel culture would agree it's the same as boycotts. It's not. People are not talking about boycotts when they talk about canceling. If it was just boycotts they would call it boycotts.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Let me try to explain it this way.

Instead of people boycotting a store due to a position or bad business practices......cancel culture would be more like the water company boycotting you because you had a politcal sign in your yard that offended them. So they shut you off.

Having utility companies refuse to allow you to use their services because they dont like something you said would be cancel culture.

Not people just not doing business with a certain business due to ethical disagreements but otherwise leaving them alone and not censoring or shutting them down.

Does that explain the difference better? When people talk about cancel culture....they know what boycotts are. And they arent talking about boycotts.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

It's a distinction without a difference, Admin.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Boycotting is withholding business to put pressure on said business to change something.

Cancel culture is completely shutting down someone.

The two are completely different.

Here is the correct answer

"For one thing, boycotts have been around for centuries, and cancel culture didn’t even exist ten years ago, so they can’t be the same thing.

A boycott is a call on individuals or organizations to refuse to patronize a commercial business as long as it engages in some objectionable practice. Typically the practice is something that the company engages in willingly and knowingly (but not necessarily openly) for the sake of business (profit). By collective denying it business, the boycotters seek to reduce the company’s profits until it stops the practice in order to regain the customers. Once that happens, typically the boycott is called off. The goal is not to drive the company out of business, it is to cease the objectionable practice.

Cancel culture is a call on organizations to terminate the financial sustenance (e.g., fire employees, stop hiring entertainers for gigs) or means of communication (removing from media platforms) of individuals who have done something objectionable. The objectionable thing may be an expressed opinion, or a statement made or action performed in the past. The act may have been unintentional, the person may have been unaware that it was objectionable, or it may be something that was not widely considered objectionable at the time. Since it is a past act, clearly the intention is not to return to favor by stopping the objectionable thing, it is to permanently punish and shun the transgressor"

I understand that nuance is very difficult for partisans but choosing to be willfully ignorant so you can pretend you've caught hypocrisy that doesnt exist is pretty weak and it just shows how little effort you put into understanding an issue before you lay judgement on it or insult other people.

This kind of thing is repetitive for you guys.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
This is cancel culture

So is removing JK Rowling from Harry Potter(or trying to) the same thing as boycotting a business to try to put pressure on them to change an unethical business practice?

We are calling attacks on people, public shaming, removing their platform and silencing them a "boycott"?

No one is canceling DirectTV....they are just deciding to not do business with them.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
So here is a leftist discussing cancel culture(which really is a left on left issue that we...as free speech supporters....oppose)

The latest target of cancel culture is Lindsay Ellis

And

Cancel culture is NOT boycotting. Comparing the two is insanely ignorant. Bullying and silencing and deplatforming people and trying to get them fired and ostracized is NOT the same as a group of people refusing to do business with a business that has unethical or offensive practices until they stop.

It just isnt.

Of course the left eating its own is inevitable. Knock yourselves out. But that doesnt make US hypocrites because we point it out as a shit, terrible thing because we support boycotts.

Last edited: