What does Libertarian mean? SwallowGay edition (so he understands)

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
OMG peepole-- I just read in that mean nasty "don't say gay because it doesn't say gay" legislation that Florida wants to keep parents informed on their child's educational progress and any changes therein; and basically wants math, reading, social studies and writing to be the focus points in grades K through 3rd instead of anal sex, queerism and sodomy

WHAT'S THIS WORLD COMING TOO!!!!!!????

I like Florida more and more. My friend lives down there now. Lives near an arena.

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
I suppose you think DemonRats are gonna make this world all better?
Well, don't suppose.
If by smaller you mean more efficient I agree.
...and see, the original point I made was that your idea of what your liberty and freedom is is not necessarily shared by all. That's why we are a nation of laws, which is a cornerstone of Liberalism.
It isn't 1730, pal. You aren't living miles from the next person out in the wilderness where your own conscience and needs govern the laws you live by. In a land of 320+ million there are countless opportunity for conflict so a complex judicial system is needed. There's infrastructure to support, a defense system etc.
You want small government, go buy yourself an island.

So you are racist, and wont join your neighbor playing bongos?

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned
or I'll have Bastard Factory ground you some more. Since he obviously showed you whos the boss. Lulz
So you're going to run to your mommy again? And what is she going to do this time, have a bit of a hissy then walk away without doing anything again? LoLz

Yeah, you're a rough customer, little girl.
...don't fuck with you, indeed. :LOL3:

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
or I'll have Bastard Factory ground you some more. Since he obviously showed you whos the boss. Lulz
So you're going to run to your mommy again? And what is she going to do this time, have a bit of a hissy then walk away without doing anything again? LoLz

Tell Bastard Factory how he cant do something again :GiggleBitch:

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned

Tell Bastard Factory how he cant do something again :GiggleBitch:
He heard me the first time. :Happy5:

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
I'm on the fence with the whole no regulations let people govern themselves thing

Most people cannot be trusted to do the right thing and do require some over arching authority to settle disputes in a fair manner when disputes arise. Otherwise you have anarchy when people who are capable of responding to violations in basic common decency actually do respond

take for instance buying a car.

In New York there is a 3 day lemon law in effect which basically mandates if your car breaks down within 3 days you have the right to demand your money back and get it with very little in the way of sanctioned resistance. And in the event a dealer does not comply they are forced to pay additional fines and legal expenses. that keeps scumbags in line

Florida does not have something like that so people basically get ripped off left and right.

This is why I told my buddy when he went shopping for a car to immediately walk off the lot and not look back when the dealer came out with some jumper cables talking about "the car has been sitting here a few weeks and needs to be jump started"

bullshit motherfucker... you loosened the lead on the positive terminal so that the car's computer could reset thus wiping away any engine codes which would normally come up on one of those scanners you can buy in autozone. It usually take about 10 to 15 miles for the codes to reappear so they leave the car on a miles worth of gas so you never get that far when you test drive it.

So basically, here in Florida you can get shafted with a complete lemon if you are not savvy enough and there is nothing you can do.

That's the only thing I don't like about Florida.

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned
Well, don't suppose.
...and see, the original point I made was that your idea of what your liberty and freedom is is not necessarily shared by all. That's why we are a nation of laws, which is a cornerstone of Liberalism.
It isn't 1730, pal. You aren't living miles from the next person out in the wilderness where your own conscience and needs govern the laws you live by. In a land of 320+ million there are countless opportunity for conflict so a complex judicial system is needed. There's infrastructure to support, a defense system etc.

I could have, but then I wouldn't have been here to lern yeh how things really are.
See, you had greater need so I forewent that pleasure in order to foster your education and betterment.

I'm nice that way.

Last edited:

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned
Most people cannot be trusted to do the right thing and do require some over arching authority to settle disputes in a fair manner when disputes arise. Otherwise you have anarchy when people who are capable of responding to violations in basic common decency actually do respond
Oh my fuckin gawd. We agree on something.
Yes, Libertarians are just a half step from anarchists.
Really in the absence of our Liberal Democracy and it's institutions we would be a land of warlords and tribes. Kind of primitive.

Admin.

I aim to be smugly pedantic, or vice verse.
Site Supporter ☠️
I'm on the fence with the whole no regulations let people govern themselves thing

In New York there is a 3 day lemon law in effect which basically mandates if your car breaks down within 3 days you have the right to demand your money back and get it with very little in the way of sanctioned resistance. And in the event a dealer does not comply they are forced to pay additional fines and legal expenses. that keeps scumbags in line

Florida does not have something like that so people basically get ripped off left and right.

This is why I told my buddy when he went shopping for a car to immediately walk off the lot and not look back when the dealer came out with some jumper cables talking about "the car has been sitting here a few weeks and needs to be jump started"

bullshit motherfucker... you loosened the lead on the positive terminal so that the car's computer could reset thus wiping away any engine codes which would normally come up on one of those scanners you can buy in autozone. It usually take about 10 to 15 miles for the codes to reappear so they leave the car on a miles worth of gas so you never get that far when you test drive it.

So basically, here in Florida you can get shafted with a complete lemon if you are not savvy enough and there is nothing you can do.

Florida is famous for somehow allowing dealers to wash titles ie take the previous damage report off a damaged vehicle, my store got bit by one of those.

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Oh my fuckin gawd. We agree on something.
Yes, Libertarians are just a half step from anarchists.
Really in the absence of our Liberal Democracy and it's institutions we would be a land of warlords and tribes. Kind of primitive.

I was not advocating anarchy, geez lol. Anarchy means you can do anything, including hurt someone.

Regulations should be left up to the State, not the government.

Again earlier I said MINIMUM government.

The governments main duty is to protect its citizens from enemies foreign and domestic.

I'll repeat myself again, "do what you want, as long as you aint hurting nobody".

In Biggie's example, with the car lot. A shady dealer selling a lemon, thats hurting somebody financially, by not stating what is wrong with the vehicle. A State's Lemon Law, is great! It protects an individual from being hurt by a shady fucker who intends to hurt an individual for profit.

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Well, don't suppose.

I could have, but then I wouldn't have been here to lern yeh how things really are.
See, you had greater need so I forewent that pleasure in order to foster your education and betterment.

I'm nice that way.

I totally woulda went and played the bongos lol. I like having fun, not talking Polly Tics.

I'll be playing with about 20 friends later, with string instruments. Oh and drinking beer.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

Florida is famous for somehow allowing dealers to wash titles ie take the previous damage report off a damaged vehicle, my store got bit by one of those.
Yeah. Ain’t seen a car fax yet that listed damaged down here

They certainly need work in this area of their governing style

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

Yeah. Ain’t seen a car fax yet that listed damaged down here

They certainly need work in this area of their governing style
They really are pretty rare over 20 years I've pulled thousands of car faxes, and the only issue I ever personally found was a report of a odometer roll back, that we were pretty sure was a data entry error. Carfax and Autocheck both are nice tools and I recommend using them, but in a way it's just a clever idea for a company to make a ton of dough, selling against the fear of getting ripped off.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
See what I want to know is this, Blasetard...
Right now for example, I have a neighbor playing, blaring actually, some bullshit african bongo crap, so everyone has to hear it like it or not.
Now since I believe my rights to peace and quiet are being violated do I have the right to take a baseball bat and smash the living shit out of the offending boom box in your view of a Libertarian society?

PS: Interesting though, that as a Libertarian, you're an advocate of wide open borders and no government interference in the workings of the business community.

Why not grab a bongo, and a 6 pack, and go have fun with your neighbor? "Love they neighbor", but Im getting ahead of myself, that is covered in next week's assignment.

Open Borders, and no government interference, are other topics. Perhaps we can cover those in week 3. lulz
So let's say you have your piece of land, all good self sufficient. Ya got your well, and one day you pump some water and it's polluted with industrial chemicals from a factory near by, who of course are not subjected to government interference and regulation. So, you're thinking "hey, my rights to clean water have been violated" but there is no legal institution to appeal to...
... would it be okay to burn that factory down and kill the motherfuckers who didn't respect your rights?

Oh, and btw, immigration and government regulation in general is very much relevant to the discussion that you are so desperate to evade.

You're something else lol. You like poking while Im at work. Not all of us have the pleasure of being retired and riding through the forest on an all terrain mobile scooter. I tried by making this thread early last night lol.

This goes back to "harming me" again. There will be repercussions. Suing for damages, and them fixing things, seems the best option if I had to give an answer right now.

Do I approve of government regulations? No. Do I think companies and individuals can do what they want even it harms someone? Again no. I believe, as I said, you can do what you want, so long as it dont harm others.

On immigration. Long ago I saw nothing wrong with it. I mean, white man invaded the Injuns land, we were all about immigration being welcome before, when the population was low. Then the population boom happened. Then we had TeRroRiSM!

Fast forward to today, do I believe in a wall? No, because I feel it will be used against us one day. Do I think people should be allowed to immigrate here? Yes, as long as they go through the legal process.

Personally, I think the process takes too long. And if it was made easier on the immigrant, they wouldnt have to do it illegally.

Do I support a politician telling a mass mob of immigrants to come here? Hell no! And that politician should hang for treason.

Now, if you get busy with your homework, you might have some time to go play bongos! Unless..... you're racist. Is that why you hate his music? Would you rather play with Admin's bongos?
How about politicians that ask hostile foreign nations to perform a political hatchet job?

Like stage a coup in Ukraine?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Do I approve of government regulations? No. Do I think companies and individuals can do what they want even it harms someone? Again no. I believe, as I said, you can do what you want, so long as it dont harm others.
Do I think people should be allowed to immigrate here? Yes, as long as they go through the legal process.
Ooooo, I am so sorry, but you are not a Libertarian. You see, a true Libertarian would not agree to all the regulation by government that you do. Hands off, that's the mantra.
There would be no regulation re: pollution, so tough luck for you, pal.

In fact, they think people and business should just be trusted to do the right thing.
Do you think people and businesses can be trusted to do the right thing?

I mean, obviously not since you want a legal system to appeal to when someone or some entity violates what you believe are your rights.

purity (winkydink smiley)

PS: What you're saying is you want a system which already exists.

PPS: Abortion? Drugs?.....Hands off, boy.

You are completely wrong and again showing off how little you actually understand about other parties.

I'm sure you spend a lot of time manipulating and misrepresenting other peoples stances to accommodate you false ideas about certain platforms.

Maybe you should at least consider TRYING to understand your opposition and less time preaching, judging and telling people what they stand for.

Your ideas that American conservatism is like Islam is completely absurd as is your idea that a free market requires no laws protecting human and constitutional rights in order to actually be free.

The whole government regulation thing is really difficult for you. The logic you use is that if we are okay with even ONE law, that we support regulations and shouldnt object to have 500 more laws is completely absurd.

We support laws that protect and preserve our human and Constitutional rights. Those things that give us the liberty we have.

Bit that's what happens when you dont take the time to listen to anyone and all you do is skin posts for things you can twist to support your narrative and imagine you are proving yourself right.

I notice since I pulled your number and saw through your tactics and directly called you on it.....you really make a point to not directly address me. Which is fine...I dont need you to directly address me in order to observe your BS.

I do wish you would do better, though. Maybe try to have respectful and productive exchanges. I do not dislike any of you (well except the ones I threw on ignore) but it does get frustrating and becomes a waste of time.

One would think if your causes are ones you care about, you would seek to unify and persued rather than this.

Last edited:

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
Right now for example, I have a neighbor playing, blaring actually, some bullshit african bongo crap, so everyone has to hear it like it or not.
Now since I believe my rights to peace and quiet are being violated do I have the right to take a baseball bat and smash the living shit out of the offending boom box in your view of a Libertarian society?

PS: Interesting though, that as a Libertarian, you're an advocate of wide open borders and no government interference in the workings of the business community.

Why not grab a bongo, and a 6 pack, and go have fun with your neighbor? "Love they neighbor", but Im getting ahead of myself, that is covered in next week's assignment.

Open Borders, and no government interference, are other topics. Perhaps we can cover those in week 3. lulz
So let's say you have your piece of land, all good self sufficient. Ya got your well, and one day you pump some water and it's polluted with industrial chemicals from a factory near by, who of course are not subjected to government interference and regulation. So, you're thinking "hey, my rights to clean water have been violated" but there is no legal institution to appeal to...
... would it be okay to burn that factory down and kill the motherfuckers who didn't respect your rights?

Oh, and btw, immigration and government regulation in general is very much relevant to the discussion that you are so desperate to evade.

You're something else lol. You like poking while Im at work. Not all of us have the pleasure of being retired and riding through the forest on an all terrain mobile scooter. I tried by making this thread early last night lol.

This goes back to "harming me" again. There will be repercussions. Suing for damages, and them fixing things, seems the best option if I had to give an answer right now.

On immigration. Long ago I saw nothing wrong with it. I mean, white man invaded the Injuns land, we were all about immigration being welcome before, when the population was low. Then the population boom happened. Then we had TeRroRiSM!

Fast forward to today, do I believe in a wall? No, because I feel it will be used against us one day. Do I think people should be allowed to immigrate here? Yes, as long as they go through the legal process.

Personally, I think the process takes too long. And if it was made easier on the immigrant, they wouldnt have to do it illegally.

Do I support a politician telling a mass mob of immigrants to come here? Hell no! And that politician should hang for treason.

Now, if you get busy with your homework, you might have some time to go play bongos! Unless..... you're racist. Is that why you hate his music? Would you rather play with Admin's bongos?
How about politicians that ask hostile foreign nations to perform a political hatchet job?

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Sadly I voted for Obama in 2008. In 2012? I didnt vote at all. I wasnt gonna vote for Obama again and I sure as fuck wasnt gonna vote for Romney. I sat that one out.

Of course I'm much more concerned with what America does and who is who here in America by American standards. Whatever they were doing in Ukraine is their business. I'm focused on what our country does.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
L
This is a Republic
Can you define Republic and please tell us why a Republic and a Democracy are mutually exclusive?

I love those people that are so proud we're a Republic and don't fully understand that it's because the elite of the time (Founders) didn't trust people like them to vote.

Didn't want them to vote. Thought they were the uneducated rabble that would end actual democracy. The events of the last 5 years proves the founders right in that regard.

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned
L
This is a Republic
Can you define Republic and please tell us why a Republic and a Democracy are mutually exclusive?

I love those people that are so proud we're a Republic and don't fully understand that it's because the elite of the time (Founders) didn't trust people like them to vote.

Didn't want them to vote. Thought they were the uneducated rabble that would end actual democracy. The events of the last 5 years proves the founders right in that regard.
Sadly the elites, or that is - the elected - are often the uneducated rabble.

Last edited:

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

I wanna be anarchy
And I wanna be anarchy
Know what I mean?
And I want to be an anarchist
I get pissed, destroy

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
LoLz

Stupidest American idea ever...failure by fragmentation.
Apparently the writer there thinks the State, apparently....has no government. What a dunce.

Well, I'm sure he pounds a mean bongo though.

People need to understand that we have so many laws and regulations because people of low moral character fuck things up for everyone.

Like when @Reggie_Essent stole a $5 bill from a book at the library of the University of Chicago. Or when a company that manufactures dental hardware simply washes chemical sludge laden with heavy metals down the drain (this happens at my besties workplace where he is a compliance officer).

But people are not always moral. The often are quite the opposite. They have to have rules (laws) that carry a set of consequences for their bad behavior.

And the bigger a country becomes with more and more people, the more laws are created.

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned
LoLz

Stupidest American idea ever...failure by fragmentation.
Apparently the writer there thinks the State, apparently....has no government. What a dunce.

Well, I'm sure he pounds a mean bongo though.

People need to understand that we have so many laws and regulations because people of low moral character fuck things up for everyone.

Like when @Reggie_Essent stole a $5 bill from a book at the library of the University of Chicago. Or when a company that manufactures dental hardware simply washes chemical sludge laden with heavy metals down the drain (this happens at my besties workplace where he is a compliance officer).

But people are not always moral. The often are quite the opposite. They have to have rules (laws) that carry a set of consequences for their bad behavior.

And the bigger a country becomes with more and more people, the more laws are created.
Well, you know NAP. People will just so what is morally right because you know...it's what's morally right.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

or like when YOU went bankrupt forcing your creditors to take a loss and disperse that loss across the tax payer via write offs.

Yeah, you're one of high moral character to be talking .

HIPPOcrite

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

or like when YOU went bankrupt forcing your creditors to take a loss and disperse that loss across the tax payer via write offs.

HIPPOcrite

No hypocrisy, it's a legal business proceeding conducted by attorneys and judges. FACT

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

HIPPOcrite

No hypocrisy, it's a legal business proceeding conducted by attorneys and judges. FACT
For you it is but for Trump it isn't

like I said

HIPPOcrit