What items have you noticed have gone up by 20% or more?

Admin.

I aim to be smugly pedantic, or vice verse.
Site Supporter ☠️
hey yooo peepole ova there. We don't concern ourselves with the things that concern you most in your mundane lives but don't think for one second that we look down upon you, cause we promoted one of yoo peepole to the supreme court after all despite all the sneers and geers from them MAGA peepoles

my work is done

carry on, fools
If your local dinner theater ever has a casting call for a 'village idiot' I would be happy to give you tweet of recommendation.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Well, its obvious who the thread derailers are.

Anyway, on topic.....

I've noticed things have gone up as much as 30% or more.

My last trip to Wally World, my bill was $150.

I figured up the difference for each item, how they have gone up in the last few months.

It was a $27 increase of recent out of that $150, so woulda been $123.

The biggest increase, was paper plates. from $10 for 100 to $13. (paper shortage for those that dont know). Batteries have increased in price too. I was out, got more, and they had increased by $3 too. Frickin Spaghettios have went from .97 cents to $1.17 (20%). So much stuff, through the roof.

And lets not forget how Im paying double in gas to get to work.

OP
OP
Biggie Smiles

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
Everything food related has had big increases.
I'm saying.

For me it's an annoyance but for lower income minorities, many of whom are part of my extended family considering my long term relationship with a black woman, are suffering greatly.

But hey, they can always buy a Tesla.. right?

OP
OP
Biggie Smiles

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

Anyway, on topic.....

I figured up the difference for each item, how they have gone up in the last few months.

The biggest increase, was paper plates. from $10 for 100 to $13. (paper shortage for those that dont know). Batteries have increased in price too. I was out, got more, and they had increased by $3 too. Frickin Spaghettios have went from .97 cents to $1.17 (20%). So much stuff, through the roof.

Galbani Ricotta (which I use as a base for my ricotta cheese) has gone from 5.67 for 48oz to 6.78.

I mean, what the fuck?

And you just KNOW that no matter how much gas prices drop these prices that major retailers like walmart have become accustomed too will never ever go down to anywhere near their previous levels

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I want to redo part of my backyard to remove the zeroscape (low water plants) in the upper hill part of my lot. I want to plant some fruit and nut trees, I already have plenty of citrus, bow I want avocado, olives, macadamia nuts, and maybe a few others. The drip irrigation system will have to be expanded and some bushes trimmed or removed.

The other thing is I have some terraces which I want to use to make a raised bed garden and maybe some containers for additional veg.

DDT

Factory Bastard
I want to redo part of my backyard to remove the zeroscape (low water plants) in the upper hill part of my lot. I want to plant some fruit and nut trees, I already have plenty of citrus, bow I want avocado, olives, macadamia nuts, and maybe a few others. The drip irrigation system will have to be expanded and some bushes trimmed or removed.

The other thing is I have some terraces which I want to use to make a raised bed garden and maybe some containers for additional veg.
Nice! Unfortunately I'm not so lucky here with the climate, so I'm somewhat limited as to what I can grow... I have a few old apple trees on the property, a couple established cherry trees (one looking very tattered because a bear decided he wanted to eat cherries last year before hibernation, and they get to them by breaking off the branches), and just today planted an Italian Plum tree which is suitable for this climate. So at least I have a few things around the yard I can eat. I'm sort of a lazy gardener though... Like Ron Popeil, I like to set it and forget it.

DDT

Factory Bastard
I'm also doing a bit of minor hardscaping around the property too... Landscape fabric and some gravel shoveled on top can work wonders for aesthetics without breaking the bank! Pretty much zero maintenance required once complete.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I have that geotextile fabric with lava rocks on top it on one side of the house next to a concrete walkway. I have three semi-dwarf of dwarf citrus around them with their own sprinkler line and the rocks around them to keep down weeds. As there is a brick wall and a hedge on one side and the house on the other it only gets full light for part of the day but the citrus doesn't seem to mind and my wife planted a mango tree she grew from seed there as well. Even though it is partially shaded I still might try to put some raised beds there for veggies which like partial light.

Maximize the growing area and try to train plants to grow vertically and all that.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Anyway, on topic.....

Only one who seems to have benefitted from all these price increases is Canada - namely the producers of oil, natural gas & lumber.

At this rate our dollar will be a $1.05 US pretty soon @Blazor. But it's also not a healthy situation either cuz the backroom boys in America will say at some point - " That's it! We've had enough! We ain't payin no $200 a Barrel fer oiL! It's time for a recession! Gotta drive that baby down in price - that we're willing ta pay. $20-30 a barrel more like it. Sorry folks...but we're gonna pull the kill switch soon."

They're waiting for the right moment eh?

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
At this rate our dollar will be a $1.05 US pretty soon

Huh?

On March 28 one USD was 1.25807 CAD. Now, on April 28, one USD is 1.2824 CAD.

Yeah there is the factor of government interface and market manipulation.

The Canadian government tries to suppress the value of our dollar to make our exports more competitive so Americans primarily will keep on buying them. This is also true of services such as the film industry. But in this regard Canada isnt that much different to some other nations too, which prefer to keep their currencies lower with respect to the USD.

The cdn $ did jump over $1 us for a while last decade or 2 and remained at 80-90 cents for a greater part of it.

X

xXx
Site Supporter
Black chicks have low self esteem ... they'll litterally take any whiteish dood, the saying goes if it wasnt fer black chicks ugly guys wouldnt get girlfriends

Fashionista

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
So anyway, steps over gibbering retard

Red Bull has gone up from 2.75 to 3.50

how do lower income people survive?
They don't, families are forced to cut spending..

It's even worse in Canada.......families must choose between heating their homes or cutting items from grocery lists they would've had in 2019..

Our prime minister threw fuel on the fire......not only did he not suspend his punitive carbon tax to help Canadians cope with inflation, he raised it twenty five percent on April 1..

The state of California apparently is at war with it's middle class too.......they are raising their gasoline tax(already the highest in the USA) 5.6 percent July 1 instead of giving relief to consumers who are struggling..

I don't understand the lack of pragmatism in North America.......ideology wins out......the ruling class are so out of touch with the people who's interests they're elected to represent..

And I agree, the people that spam politics here all day long don't care about this extemely important bread and butter issue or any other that impacts the lives of the middle class.....partisan spin is all that matters.

Last edited:

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️
Noticed today, Pasta up 25%, Cooking oil being rationed to 1 a person. Never buy it as its for retards who dont know how to render fat or cook with other oils.

Bastard Factory

Chairman of the Bored
Administrator
They really do seem to be...random, in how rules are followed and enforced.

You derailed this thread from the start.

Wassssup

giphy.gif

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

Anyway, on topic.....

Galbani Ricotta (which I use as a base for my ricotta cheese) has gone from 5.67 for 48oz to 6.78.

I mean, what the fuck?

And you just KNOW that no matter how much gas prices drop these prices that major retailers like walmart have become accustomed too will never ever go down to anywhere near their previous levels

Thats what happened in 2008, when gas skyrocketed, and prices did as well, they never came back down, even though gas did.

Around that time, companies also started using cheaper components to make products, to cut costs. When that happened, we got inferior products, that didnt last long. I foresee the same thing happening again.

OP
OP
Biggie Smiles

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

Anyway, on topic.....

I mean, what the fuck?

Thats what happened in 2008, when gas skyrocketed, and prices did as well, they never came back down, even though gas did.

Around that time, companies also started using cheaper components to make products, to cut costs. When that happened, we got inferior products, that didnt last long. I foresee the same thing happening again.
Yep. You get less or just pay more and in some instances... BOTH.

Inflation is worse than a tax.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

Anyway, on topic.....

I mean, what the fuck?

Exactly. I remember.

Here is something else most dont realize. When the price of goods go up, you pay more tax. Thus the government gets more money.

OP
OP
Biggie Smiles

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

Anyway, on topic.....

I mean, what the fuck?

Exactly. I remember.

Here is something else most dont realize. When the price of goods go up, you pay more tax. Thus the government gets more money.
BINGO.

And who suffers the most when the margin increases for items on Amazon's, walmart's etc etc inventory?

Certainly not guys like Jeff Bezos

It's the minorities and every day people who are negatively impacted the most

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
whoa.. someone seems a little extra and brittle n stuff
So you are a billionaire living in a giant house all by yourself making more money than anyone else in this Forum, and you have the arrogance to preach to us peasants how to be kind and generous to our neighbors? You really are quite stupid, I wasn't believing what everyone kept saying, but it's really true.

When the fuck did Big ever say he was a billionaire? And where did he say he lives alone?

Big is one of the most generous people I know. He definately wasnt born with a lot of resources. In fact one of my favorite things about is that he has every right to be cocky as fuck and he isnt.

I dont know what people say about him and I cant say i care either. I'm the only one here with the authority to speak about how Big is.

You probably are not poor at all, Admin. You just live in OR. And if you are able to buy guitars you ain't doing bad. If you were really struggling you would be joining the rest of us in our disdain of the establishment.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Don’t recall ever mentioning a single responsible party

guessing guilty conscience and all that
..but you went all whiney to BF on what account? Care to site the violation that prompted your snowflake tears?
how many of your posts actually cite an inflation observation? you know, in line with what this thread is about?
Why should that matter when you yourself took the conversation onto a political course with your comment about blacks and latinos,
..and anyway, we had a recent incident here on Gen Disc where a poster boasted of hijacking a thread and it having been brought to BTF's attention he did nothing about it.
. Why do you think he would do anything about it here if in fact it even happened.
. Are you suggesting he might express a bias and not be a neutral arbiter in such a situation?

I think your biggest issue is not understanding what's really political and what isnt.

Asking our observations on items impacted by inflation isnt political.

Ignoring the question and choosing to instead spew out bizzare political slams is political.

You guys have gone so partisan you dont even know how to separate anything.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Black chicks have low self esteem ... they'll litterally take any whiteish dood, the saying goes if it wasnt fer black chicks ugly guys wouldnt get girlfriends

It's actually called divesting and there are very solid reasons for it.

Js.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
So maybe the poorer classes in America are a bit like those in Russia where the Elites get everything and the poor get the crumbs @Dove?