What items have you noticed have gone up by 20% or more?

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Well, its obvious who the thread derailers are.

Anyway, on topic.....

I've noticed things have gone up as much as 30% or more.

My last trip to Wally World, my bill was $150.

I figured up the difference for each item, how they have gone up in the last few months.

It was a $27 increase of recent out of that $150, so woulda been $123.

The biggest increase, was paper plates. from $10 for 100 to $13. (paper shortage for those that dont know). Batteries have increased in price too. I was out, got more, and they had increased by $3 too. Frickin Spaghettios have went from .97 cents to $1.17 (20%). So much stuff, through the roof.

And lets not forget how Im paying double in gas to get to work.

Only one who seems to have benefitted from all these price increases is Canada - namely the producers of oil, natural gas & lumber.

At this rate our dollar will be a $1.05 US pretty soon @Blazor. But it's also not a healthy situation either cuz the backroom boys in America will say at some point - " That's it! We've had enough! We ain't payin no $200 a Barrel fer oiL! It's time for a recession! Gotta drive that baby down in price - that we're willing ta pay. $20-30 a barrel more like it. Sorry folks...but we're gonna pull the kill switch soon."

They're waiting for the right moment eh?

The recession has already started most likely. 1Q 2022 GDP growth in the US = -1.8%. Announced this morning. Hell, we never really had a full recovery in California because of heavy handed government and over regulation and that is why our unemployment rate in this state is twice the national average. That was before this newly started recession.

I heard that there weren't really any job gains in the States.

It was mostly people going back to work after the Pandemic shut the economy down.

Probably the same in Canada?

Altho the oil patch is doing decently these days due to the surging price of oil

In order to really take off Canada and greatly expand oil production Alberta needs a new oil pipeline. Remember Biden killed the pipeline heading south and now leftists are trying to kill the pipeline to the B.C. coast.

Leftists are 100% to blame for this shit.
Why don't the Canucks, build a pipeline across their wheat fields and aquifers, they have a Port in Vancouver.

They have been trying but greens keep filing lots of frivolous lawsuits making u supported claims about "sacred land to natives", while Trudump has spent years willfully creating roadblocks. Basically the same things you shitlibs do here.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Just for those keeping score at home, my 3rd Gen, 4Runner has sky rocketed in value, at least double what I might have been able to get for it pre-pandemic. So I have that going for me, which is nice.

All used vehicles are up over 50% due to the shortage of new vehicles. SUVs and trucks saw the greatest appreciation though that is starting to change with the gas price increases. When (if?) new car prices moderate I want to buy the new redesigned 4runner which is supposed to be released next year.

sweet tea

those who fear, are lost
Site Supporter
Well, its obvious who the thread derailers are.

Anyway, on topic.....

I've noticed things have gone up as much as 30% or more.

My last trip to Wally World, my bill was $150.

I figured up the difference for each item, how they have gone up in the last few months.

It was a $27 increase of recent out of that $150, so woulda been $123.

The biggest increase, was paper plates. from $10 for 100 to $13. (paper shortage for those that dont know). Batteries have increased in price too. I was out, got more, and they had increased by $3 too. Frickin Spaghettios have went from .97 cents to $1.17 (20%). So much stuff, through the roof.

And lets not forget how Im paying double in gas to get to work.

Only one who seems to have benefitted from all these price increases is Canada - namely the producers of oil, natural gas & lumber.

At this rate our dollar will be a $1.05 US pretty soon @Blazor. But it's also not a healthy situation either cuz the backroom boys in America will say at some point - " That's it! We've had enough! We ain't payin no $200 a Barrel fer oiL! It's time for a recession! Gotta drive that baby down in price - that we're willing ta pay. $20-30 a barrel more like it. Sorry folks...but we're gonna pull the kill switch soon."

They're waiting for the right moment eh?

The recession has already started most likely. 1Q 2022 GDP growth in the US = -1.8%. Announced this morning. Hell, we never really had a full recovery in California because of heavy handed government and over regulation and that is why our unemployment rate in this state is twice the national average. That was before this newly started recession.

I heard that there weren't really any job gains in the States.

It was mostly people going back to work after the Pandemic shut the economy down.

Probably the same in Canada?

Altho the oil patch is doing decently these days due to the surging price of oil

In order to really take off Canada and greatly expand oil production Alberta needs a new oil pipeline. Remember Biden killed the pipeline heading south and now leftists are trying to kill the pipeline to the B.C. coast.

Leftists are 100% to blame for this shit.
Why don't the Canucks, build a pipeline across their wheat fields and aquifers, they have a Port in Vancouver.

They have been trying but greens keep filing lots of frivolous lawsuits making u supported claims about "sacred land to natives", while Trudump has spent years willfully creating roadblocks. Basically the same things you shitlibs do here.
Wanna talk greens? Check the upstarts and go green campuses in Cali... see who backs them. Last I looked they were growing green veggies with a covid juked vaccine hybrid.
Welcome to your new lettuce.
Dig and I''m guessing you'll find a Gate in the wood pile.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Noticed today, Pasta up 25%, Cooking oil being rationed to 1 a person. Never buy it as its for retards who dont know how to render fat or cook with other oils.
Honestly, I don't think I've seen a single item that falls within the reported 8-9% inflation stats.

Even a cup of coffee has gone from 2.15 to 2.60

how do people making less than 100K per year survive through this?

I'm not doing bad but I'm good at surviving. I always buy bulk (and low waste) on most things and that helps. I learned a long time ago how to avoid how expensive being poor is.

We are annoyed but still doing okay.

My biggest issue is we are slowly renovating this place and on top of gas and groceries going up....so did wood and everything else. I normally stick to reclaimed/recycled materials and I'm taking the time I need to to ensure everything we use we got recycled or we get from marketplace or organizations that use profits for a cause we like. Like the Habitat for Humanity stores where they sell donated items and use the money for helping homeless people. And we only hire small business contractors.

Over all our living expenses went up nearly 500 extra dollars a month due to inflation.

I find one way to keep food costs down is stick to basic staples @Dove y. Stay away from these packaged value added items and stick to just buying basic foods like eggs fish nuts rice vegetables & coffee. Even candy like bulk dark chocolate can be had for a decent price. I mostly eat trail mix for snax tho. Basic foods haven't seem to gone up too much 8n my city.

Can live on $10 or less for food per day which isn't too bad for where I live.

Know of any other ways ta keep the food cost down?

Basic foods are up 10-20%.

Butter, milk, eggs, flour, veggies, fruits....

Quality meat has gone up more
A petite ribeye is 18 bucks now

I don't eat too much meat.

Mostly seafood instead & it can be had for a decent price where I'm live.

A salmon fillet + a package of clams for $ 5-6? Add a plate of rice for $1 & $1 vegetables. That $7-8 for supper?

That's still pre pandemic prices.

So...it can be done.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
My wife bought some chicken. Sausage the other day instead of the usual pork sausage in an effort to be more healthy. It was kind of dry plus it cost more than the usual juicy pork sausage.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
My wife bought some chicken. Sausage the other day instead of the usual pork sausage in an effort to be more healthy. It was kind of dry plus it cost more than the usual juicy pork sausage.

Now that you mention it - a rack of BBQ pork spareribs is a lot more expensive than it used to be.

seems like 25% more since last year.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
You got to play the game....

This is a typical monthly shop for us.

Screenshot-20220429-075249-Chrome.jpg

First I go through the 50% off specials, then lesser specials and weekly catalogue items.

Then I apply a 10% discount per month for having auto insurance policy through them.

This shop attracted loyalty points of around 15 bucks off future shops.

I also ensure the original value of the shop is over 300 bucks thus ensuring no delivery charges.

If the value is under 300, I'll stock up on shelf stable items we use from the 50% off products until meeting the threshold.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

I got some pretty good chicken sausage from Cosco a while back.

Try the Cosco stuff. When I bought it it was like.....12 chicken sausages for like 7 something. It's probably like 20 bucks now lol.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

Try the Cosco stuff. When I bought it it was like.....12 chicken sausages for like 7 something. It's probably like 20 bucks now lol.

Their bulk hamburger is still cheap here... haven't tried any of their snausages yet....

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Their bulk hamburger is still cheap here... haven't tried any of their snausages yet....

I've never bought the meat at Cosco. Is it alright?

Is it....tortured?

sweet tea

those who fear, are lost
Site Supporter

You's sure it's chicken you eating?

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

Is it....tortured?

Dunno.... torture makes it extra tasty though....

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

You's sure it's chicken you eating?

Well.....according to the package ingredients its "real chicken".

So no, definately not sure. It wasnt bad though.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Is it....tortured?

That's cancer and stress :O

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

Is it....tortured?

That's cancer and stress :O

Premium beef....

sweet tea

those who fear, are lost
Site Supporter

Is it....tortured?
Of course it is. Free range, thing of the past. Who owns Costco? Costco doesn't have cattle farms. Where does their meat come from? Where is it processed?
Think people....

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Is it....tortured?
Of course it is. Free range, thing of the past. Who owns Costco? Costco doesn't have cattle farms. Where does their meat come from? Where is it processed?
Think people....

We typically buy a cow once a year and have it slaughtered.

Grocery store meat isnt the same after going that route. And it's actually cheaper just to do that (buy the cow). We are approaching that time a year and I'm wondering how much that cost went up.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
We bought a huge amount of freeze dried hamburger and scrambled eggs over the pandemic...

Fuck inflation and shortages...

sweet tea

those who fear, are lost
Site Supporter
That's how we do it. Even if you go in with another family, saves a buck.
Buy calf, have calf raised. Boarding, feed, vet.. grow calf to cow.
Cow grown fills freezer.

Hunter you say, same goes for venison, gator, fowl, etc....

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

This is the place we get it from. Yeah its pricey at first but if you do the math, it's about as much as youd pay for a year worth of meat. It WAS less....last year it was about the same (what you'd pay for a year of meat). Especailly if you do roasts and stew and shit like we do.

It's much much better than buying meat at the grocery store and we know for fact the cows are not mistreated and abused. Which IS very important to us.