What items have you noticed have gone up by 20% or more?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Oysters, yes.... not big on frog legs....but I can eat them.

I BBQed them bitches last summer. Squish almost died lol.

We got them from a friend of my father in law.....we didnt catch them ourselves (yuck lol)

Northern Michigan used to have frog legs nights at the various lodges....

Yep.

Frog legs and sadly.....fucking muskrats....are the real Michigan delicacies lol.

We all agreed we WILL eat those disgusting fuckers if we have too lol. We have a lot out here. I hate them.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Last time a bunch of us went cave exploring along the coast (think crawling on hands and knees through tiny gaps), we ordered 6 dozen oysters a piece and had a pissup....

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Last time a bunch of us went cave exploring along the coast (think crawling on hands and knees through tiny gaps), we ordered 6 dozen oysters a piece and had a pissup....

My husband and I used to go out and get oysters often. We havent in a while.....we were just talking about this lol.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

We got them from a friend of my father in law.....we didnt catch them ourselves (yuck lol)

Yep.

Frog legs and sadly.....fucking muskrats....are the real Michigan delicacies lol.

We all agreed we WILL eat those disgusting fuckers if we have too lol. We have a lot out here. I hate them.

Don't forget oyster mushrooms, morels, smelt, yellow perch, and musky pike....

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
My wife bought some chicken. Sausage the other day instead of the usual pork sausage in an effort to be more healthy. It was kind of dry plus it cost more than the usual juicy pork sausage.

I got some pretty good chicken sausage from Cosco a while back.

Try the Cosco stuff. When I bought it it was like.....12 chicken sausages for like 7 something. It's probably like 20 bucks now lol.

Yeah, we bought it at Costco during our last shopping trip. Incidentally, we had one shopping cart, which was pretty full, but it was still just one cart, the most expensive item we bought was like $35, yet the total came to $750. We did stock up on meat for the freezers and canned food but still... prices have gone up.

Oh, and they were all sold out of bottled water again too.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
My wife bought some chicken. Sausage the other day instead of the usual pork sausage in an effort to be more healthy. It was kind of dry plus it cost more than the usual juicy pork sausage.

Try the Cosco stuff. When I bought it it was like.....12 chicken sausages for like 7 something. It's probably like 20 bucks now lol.

Yeah, we bought it at Costco during our last shopping trip. Incidentally, we had one shopping cart, which was pretty full, but it was still just one cart, the most expensive item we bought was like $35, yet the total came to $750. We did stock up on meat for the freezers and canned food but still... prices have gone up.

We run one of these next to the sink.

pol_pm_Filtr-do-wody-Katadyn-Combi-Plus-244645_2.jpg

Takes activated charcoal along with the silver impregnated ceramic filter.

Negates the need for bottled water.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Yep.

Oh man. Everytime we go to the cabin we all go out hunting for morels lol. It's a big deal. Sounds dorky but we love morel hunting in the woods and by ponds.....we do it all summer and we do eat them.

We actually found 5 morels out here.

The perch is a staple. First fish I ever caught....i was probably 5. I was SO excited and the fucking thing flopped right down my shirt and PICKED the fuck out of me with its picky fins lol. Terrified me!

Squish JUST got this cute unicorn themed fishing rod and we are gonna test it this weekend.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

Yep.

Oh man. Everytime we go to the cabin we all go out hunting for morels lol. It's a big deal. Sounds dorky but we love morel hunting in the woods and by ponds.....we do it all summer and we do eat them.

We actually found 5 morels out here.

The perch is a staple. First fish I ever caught....i was probably 5. I was SO excited and the fucking thing flopped right down my shirt and PICKED the fuck out of me with its picky fins lol. Terrified me!

Squish JUST got this cute unicorn themed fishing rod and we are gonna test it this weekend.

We forgot to mention Sucker Burgers at Sucker Fest!

Very gourmet..... :LOL3:

Admin.

A wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.
Site Supporter ☠️
I have experienced a 38% increase in Stubby Wubby's fag lame emojis, in the last 36-48 hours.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

You really should consider a water filtration system or any filter.

We got a Berkey and I love it

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Or get one you install right to your plumbing.

Bottled water still has crud in it and toxic leech from the plastic into the water. Those bottles of water get hot and the toxins get all in it. Plus (please dont think I'm some preachy eco terrorists when I say this) but that's a lot of plastic garbage.
Many people dont realize the bottled water is dirty. We drink A LOT of water here and so far the BEST water purifier I've used is this Berkey.

We were having our water delivered for a while. The credited our account when we exchanged the empty jugs for the full ones.....but damn storing 10 5 gallon jugs of water was a bitch lol

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
These work too while on the go.

My wife and I have one each. She uses hers daily.

I don't and prefer to keep it in my vehicle dried out. If you don't use daily or allow to dry out between uses, it can get a bit funky tasting....like anything.

We also have a pair of Steripens (UV based), but they're finicky. Wouldn't recommend except as a backup. They don't filter. They just kill biological.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

I don't and prefer to keep it in my vehicle dried out. If you don't use daily or allow to dry out between uses, it can get a bit funky tasting....like anything.

We also have a pair of Steripens (UV based), but they're finicky. Wouldn't recommend except as a backup. They don't filter. They just kill biological.

I want that!

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

I want that!

Great for on the go....

The GEOPRESS model's filter (orange variant) is good for about 350 presses (250L or 65 gallons).

Filters heavy metals, microplastics, chlorine, benzene, and chloroform.

Towards the end of its life they do tend to take more pressure though.

sweet tea

those who fear, are lost
Site Supporter
Filtration is a must know. How would you do that without proper running water and what materials if you had none, would you use to accomplish this?
Think about that.
No googling!

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Filtration is a must know. How would you do that without proper running water and what materials if you had none, would you use to accomplish this?
Think about that.
No googling!

I cant remember exactly, but I know you can use sand, rocks, and charcoal to filter it. You can make the charcoal from camp wood.