What items have you noticed have gone up by 20% or more?

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
59c1956938d20d20008b854d
59c1756b38d20d2b008b83bd
59c18c6838d20d20008b84d1

Holy shit.

When people cant eat, decide to rise up, its already too late. Many wars were won by starving the populace.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Filtration is a must know. How would you do that without proper running water and what materials if you had none, would you use to accomplish this?
Think about that.
No googling!

I cant remember exactly, but I know you can use sand, rocks, and charcoal to filter it. You can make the charcoal from camp wood.

Good for particulates and off flavour but still needs to come to a rolling boil.

sweet tea

those who fear, are lost
Site Supporter
Filtration is a must know. How would you do that without proper running water and what materials if you had none, would you use to accomplish this?
Think about that.
No googling!

I cant remember exactly, but I know you can use sand, rocks, and charcoal to filter it. You can make the charcoal from camp wood.
Wanna tie the knot?

DDT

Factory Bastard
And instead of making firewater, they paying close to 35 pesos for SunnyD?

Oy vey.
Well, the Eskimos are heavily subsidized to live in these small remote areas, but logistically it's a nightmare to bring in goods, so costs will always be high, especially for heavier goods like water/juices. Everything must be flown in, and flights are often unreliable due to extreme weather.

Most would probably die if Whitey didn't subsidize their shit up there, and I've always wondered why they even stay there... It's some of the most brutal winter weather on Earth up there, and most of those towns shouldn't even exist as they really serve no purpose.

During the Cold War the Eskimoes were shuffled around up there to watch things in case Russia tried something funny, but that's not necessary anymore.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
They've been experimenting with shipping container greenhouses up that way for awhile now.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
Unalaska has very mild winters though... Barely below freezing. Not so sure this would work in the true north, where things get really, really cold.

That was the easiest link I found when searching for a news story I listened to on the radio about Arctic communities trialling these containers. Believe the containers were heavily insulated but I can't recall the heating type used.

DDT

Factory Bastard
That was the easiest link I found when searching for a news story I listened to on the radio about Arctic communities trialling these containers. Believe the containers were heavily insulated but I can't recall the heating type used.
I can't find much info, but it looks like these containers are run on the power grid, which in Unalaska is sourced from large Diesel powered generators.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
I can't find much info, but it looks like these containers are run on the power grid, which in Unalaska is sourced from large Diesel powered generators.

I was going to say diesel generators but for some reason solar of all things vaguely stuck in my mind....which didn't seem right, at least for a good portion of the year. Wood furnaces wouldn't work in the circle either because of scarcity too.

Nothing short of a generator or a small nuclear plant would likely do.

DDT

Factory Bastard
I was going to say diesel generators but for some reason solar of all things vaguely stuck in my mind....which didn't seem right, at least for a good portion of the year. Wood furnaces wouldn't work in the circle either because of scarcity too.

Nothing short of a generator or a small nuclear plant would likely do.
Diesel generators are still the go-to in most of these small remote communities, as nothing else would really be feasible. I mean, some of these places have a population of only a few hundred people, so there's not much else that would work.

Some try to supplement with solar panels, which will work in summer, but remember in the winter there are some towns up there where the sun doesn't actually rise at all for a couple of months!

RAVEN

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Everything has gone up, groceries, utilities etc.. but the biggest impact on my wallet had definitely been fuel. I travel quite a bit and it's been rough. I'm paying about 4.00 gal right now.. I remembered that I was keeping track of fuel prices on this site.. I found 3 and couldn't believe that I was only paying 1.96 in Nov 2020.. lol @Blazor You answered my question in Nov 2020 and you were paying 1.76 gal.with kroger card . AAHH the good ole days :D
hBR6kUt.jpg

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Everything has gone up, groceries, utilities etc.. but the biggest impact on my wallet had definitely been fuel. I travel quite a bit and it's been rough. I'm paying about 4.00 gal right now.. I remembered that I was keeping track of fuel prices on this site.. I found 3 and couldn't believe that I was only paying 1.96 in Nov 2020.. lol @Blazor You answered my question in Nov 2020 and you were paying 1.76 gal.with kroger card . AAHH the good ole days :D
hBR6kUt.jpg

Lol, yeah that was great gas price then. Fuel has also been the biggest impact on my wallet as well. The gas station gets a total of one whole paycheck of mine a month. With everything climbing in price, and the price of gas, while I was already living paycheck to paycheck, is really really hitting me. I had to put an electric payment on the credit card last month. This cant keep going.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
EVERYTHING. Every single grocery item.

But….it’s all Elon Musk’s fault, according to the gay Libs on FB.

We're all going to weather this shit as long as we tighten our belts on extra items and buy critical ones where it's affordable.

But extra points for shelf stable proteins and heirloom seeds...

And a big fucking machete if firearms aren't easily accessible in your area.

Just sayin'...

OP
OP
Biggie Smiles

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
hBR6kUt.jpg
Good ole days is right. Now it’s a disaster out there

OP
OP
Biggie Smiles

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
hBR6kUt.jpg
Was Putin attacking Ukraine in either jan or sept of 2021?

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

We're all going to weather this shit as long as we tighten our belts on extra items and buy critical ones where it's affordable.

Just sayin'...

I REALLY need to get some seeds, just in case.

I also want to get some Bushcraft tools.

Machete ok, a parang would slice better lol. Deadskinmask taught me that a clawhammer hatchet would work better in a survival situation, as it has multiple uses, and easier to swing in close quarters. I have my Dad's, its old as fuck. My friend's call it The Medieval Hammer lol.

The Countess

Hood with it
Site Supporter

Just sayin'...

It’s hitting my wallet. Gas especially

I’ve ceased shopping for unnecessary items for now.