What people in other countries are saying about US gun violence

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Sat, June 4, 2022, 4:46 AM

In response to the recent deadly shootings in
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
, and
asked on r/AskReddit, "
"

Wally Skalij / Los Angeles Times via Getty Images

"It’s all about access to guns. Canadians have mental health issues, bullying, violent video games, and schools with multiple access points. However, what we don’t have is easy access to firearms, specifically high capacity semiautomatic rifles and handguns."

"I am from the UK. We had a school shooting in 1996, so we tightened gun laws, and we haven't had a school shooting since. I feel like America's relationship with guns is like a child who won't put the food in their mouth, and instead just flings it around the kitchen. And you all sit around talking about the best way to fling food back."

"Sickening. Imagine saying goodbye to your child at school and not knowing if you will see them again! The reliance on guns, the glorification of guns, the demonization of those trying to change the gun laws. It's utterly beyond me. I cannot understand anyone thinking this way."

"It is scary how the gun lobby (and others like pharma and tobacco) have captured the American government."

"It's like seeing a third world where Nestlé puts a hand grenade in every packet of breakfast cereal. Sometimes they go off and kill somebody, sometimes somebody collects them until they have enough to kill a whole bunch of people all at once. Most people want it to stop and definitely don't think hand grenades should be in breakfast cereal, but the politicians who are bribed by Nestlé, and the people who say they have God on their side have an old law that says every box of cereal should ship with an indoor firework, and that law gives them rights that are more important than the people who die of hand grenades. It's just astoundingly, speechlessly, horrifyingly stupid."

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Too bad you were never a mass shooting victim.

And Dove claims the cons are so sweet and loving to everyone, and libs are so MEAN.

Did you see how that con Oerdin claims we're both racist? You posted about race, I agreed with you. Now we're both racists.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

And Dove claims the cons are so sweet and loving to everyone, and libs are so MEAN.

Did you see how that con Oerdin claims we're both racist? You posted about race, I agreed with you. Now we're both racists.

Odorous has some serious issues.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
If the US is gonna have guns, then it's evident they need to be regulated.

Seems to me back in the day, they had signs posted everywhere which read:

99480b0e-3ae3-4cab-9350-9168087fb309_1.1da6c52043d5a7ecee7a48d95fe80c84.jpeg

...but doesn't seem you see those signs around anymore.

We let the kids get away with anything now, so any wonder that the joint is goin' ta hell?!

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

That is because both of you are racist, you racist bigot.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

You are brain dead.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The 1 sided decision by Judge Bruce Schroeder in the Kyle Rittenhouse case may have contributed to more shootings committed by teens or young men.

By failing to set conditions for Rittenhouse he validated his excesses and created a cult of worship for troubled youths. "If Kyle can do it / get away with it, so can I."

If Kyle wasn't sentenced to prison he should have been handed a conditionAL or suspended sentence with probation. Every bad decision like that has consequences and now we're seeing the results of 1.

DDT

Factory Bastard
The 1 sided decision by Judge Bruce Schroeder in the Kyle Rittenhouse case may have contributed to more shootings committed by teens or young men.

By failing to set conditions for Rittenhouse he validated his excesses and created a cult of worship for troubled youths. "If Kyle can do it / get away with it, so can I."

If Kyle wasn't sentenced to prison he should have been handed a conditionAL or suspended sentence with probation. Every bad decision like that has consequences and now we're seeing the results of 1.
Joe, people that shoot up schools don't give a shit about Rittenhouse, or his verdict.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

You are brain dead.

And you can not mention my wife with your whore mouth, whore.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Odorous has some serious issues.

Says the racist.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

You are brain dead.

And you can not mention my wife with your whore mouth, whore.

I can post whatever the fuck I want, cocksucker. I'd suggest you stop while you're behind.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
You are a piece of shit and fuck you for pretending to speak for my wife, you racist whore.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Joe, people that shoot up schools don't give a shit about Rittenhouse, or his verdict.

Well Mel, as a driver of commercial vehicles, you probably know why they don't give class 1 DLs to 14 year olds. Yknow the saying...With Great Power cometh great responsibility. They usu don't have the emotional development, skill or maturity to operate vehicles such as your own. Likewise a 16 or 17 year old has no business owning an AR-15 either.

If they're gonna have guns then there has to be graduated licensing and stiff penalties for lawbreakers. If they don't give class 1 Drivers or pilots licenses to minors, then what business do they have owning or access to firearms?

With great power comes great responsibility and an awareness of consequences and punishment for breaking the law.

There is a reason why few kids were getting involved in shootings 50 or 60 years ago. Cuz they got punished & for sent to reform schools where they did hard time like those residential schools in Canada. They got the shit beaten outta them.

The good old days weren't as glamorous as they re made out ta be.

• Winner
Reactions: X

DDT

Factory Bastard
Well Mel, as a driver of commercial vehicles, you probably know why they don't give class 1 DLs to 14 year olds. Yknow the saying...With Great Power cometh great responsibility. They usu don't have the emotional development, skill or maturity to operate vehicles such as your own. Likewise a 16 or 17 year old has no business owning an AR-15 either.

If they're gonna have guns then there has to be graduated licensing and stiff penalties for lawbreakers. If they don't give class 1 Drivers or pilots licenses to minors, then what business do they have owning or access to firearms?

With great power comes great responsibility and an awareness of consequences and punishment for breaking the law.

There is a reason why few kids were getting involved in shootings 50 or 60 years ago. Cuz they got punished & for sent to reform schools where they did hard time like those residential schools in Canada. They got the shit beaten outta them.

The good old days weren't as glamorous as they re made out ta be.
I don't disagree with what you post here, but the problem is more complex...

Many US shooters would've been able to acquire a Canadian PAL gun license also. Most US shooters pass US background checks also, since their shit is clean.

And those who don't? Wortman here, the Denturist that has the highest kill count so far, simply bought smuggled guns when he carried out his massacre. He wasn't licensed, and that didn't stop him.