What's for Dinner Tonight?

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Tonight we just did take out from Buffalo Wild Wings. They are good chicken wings but rather pricey for what you get.

X

xXx
Site Supporter
Tonight we just did take out from Buffalo Wild Wings. They are good chicken wings but rather pricey for what you get.
are they GIANT ... ffs wings these days are prehistoric, from Chernobyl farms ... they freak me out

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
ceasars salad & grilled chicken cutlets - i used the wrong marinade (for beef) but it still worked put

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
My wife and I took the two boys out for a hike around a lake and open space preserve. On the way back we stopped at Dairy Queen because the boys wanted ice cream. Dinner tonight will be pot roast as it is a nice easy Sunday dinner plus one of the local supermarkets had a sale on corned beef brisket.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Smoked Ribs. On the barby. Should be good and falling apart at 6:30

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
Shimp and pasta in some kind of garlic sauce and caesars salad plus SF french bread
and then a berry tart with rockiy road ice cream and then smoke a joint - - - - - -
PS - I don't do the cooking :AssKisser:

Bonus question - guess what we had for dinner thursday night - - - - - - -

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Really miss good French bread

It is real easy to make if you keep your own sourdough starter. You can cook it in a regular oven at home and just spray so water mist into the oven a few times in order to help get that crispy crust.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
today was stewed beef with the gravy sauce and roasted carrots and podaydos

If you are making stewed beef with gravy then you might as well spend the 30 minutes or so to make the pie crust and put it into pot pies. The buttery crust is easy to make and it elevates the whole thing dramatically. Basically, the same dish but with one more step and everyone especially kids love it. Savory meat pies and pasties (basically the same thing in different shapes) are like the British version of foods eaten by hand. Great stuff.

Reactions: Joe

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

I prefer mine with a bit of potatoes and veg but to each his own. The butter crust adds a lot compared to a simple beef stew and just adds an extra tasty dimension to it all. Mushy peas and chips are a must in my book though I will always add either curry or hot sauce.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

I prefer mine with a bit of potatoes and veg but to each his own. The butter crust adds a lot compared to a simple beef stew and just adds an extra tasty dimension to it all. Mushy peas and chips are a must in my book though I will always add either curry or hot sauce.

With meat and veggies, that's a pasty here....

Meat with mild seasonings or things like bacon, cheese, mushrooms is just a meat pie.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Meat with mild seasonings or things like bacon, cheese, mushrooms is just a meat pie.

Australian meat pie.

We have them in Canada courtesy of ex pat Aussies.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

Australian meat pie.

We have them in Canada courtesy of ex pat Aussies.

We got them from England....

(But improved them immensely)

Our 8 inch tall curried scallops and cream pies are a phenomenon....

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I love them and can remember my Scottish grandfather making them a few times. My Scottish grandmother absolutely refused to make anything with lamb or mutton on account of during WW2, in Scotland, if you got meat it was mostly mutton. She told me after six years of eating mutton she made a sacred oath before god that after the war ended she would never eat mutton again. As far as I know, she kept that vow for over half a century.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
I love them and can remember my Scottish grandfather making them a few times. My Scottish grandmother absolutely refused to make anything with lamb or mutton on account of during WW2, in Scotland, if you got meat it was mostly mutton. She told me after six years of eating mutton she made a sacred oath before god that after the war ended she would never eat mutton again. As far as I know, she kept that vow for over half a century.
They taste great but the ones you buy from the bakers are really unhealthy... When I was a lad doing my milk rounds we used to stop at Chapmans bakers and butchers some mornings and get the pies straight out the oven, used to bite a bit of the crust off and hang the pie out the door to let the grease drip out of them haha they were great though!

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
They taste great but the ones you buy from the bakers are really unhealthy... When I was a lad doing my milk rounds we used to stop at Chapmans bakers and butchers some mornings and get the pies straight out the oven, used to bite a bit of the crust off and hang the pie out the door to let the grease drip out of them haha they were great though!

Ours are baked, not fried, and don't have the grease levels... the pastry part is chock full of butter though.... definitely not great for the body everyday...