What's for Dinner Tonight?

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I fixed hamburgers on the Kamado Joe along with mac and cheese. Anything cooked over lump charcoal is damn good!

X

xXx
Site Supporter
I fixed hamburgers on the Kamado Joe along with mac and cheese. Anything cooked over lump charcoal is damn good!

right ... Charcoal, hard lump .Do you make your own ?
ffs real charcoal burns snow white ash, actually almost no ash ... oh man I can't wait .

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Steamed mussels, fresh salmon on a bed of rice and vegetables.

dessert: Fresh blackberries

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

right ... Charcoal, hard lump .Do you make your own ?
ffs real charcoal burns snow white ash, actually almost no ash ... oh man I can't wait .
No. I always buy bags. Sometimes I've tried different brands but I always go back to Kamado Joe Brand. They had a special where you buy 2, 20lb boxes and get 2 boxes free so I'm set for the year now.

X

xXx
Site Supporter
nothing .. got home late and tired, defuckinflated ..
I'll see where the munchies take me

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
I love them and can remember my Scottish grandfather making them a few times. My Scottish grandmother absolutely refused to make anything with lamb or mutton on account of during WW2, in Scotland, if you got meat it was mostly mutton. She told me after six years of eating mutton she made a sacred oath before god that after the war ended she would never eat mutton again. As far as I know, she kept that vow for over half a century.
They taste great but the ones you buy from the bakers are really unhealthy... When I was a lad doing my milk rounds we used to stop at Chapmans bakers and butchers some mornings and get the pies straight out the oven, used to bite a bit of the crust off and hang the pie out the door to let the grease drip out of them haha they were great though!

Ours are baked, not fried, and don't have the grease levels... the pastry part is chock full of butter though.... definitely not great for the body everyday...
lol ours are baked too it's the residual fat from the meat that needs pouring out, must be the cuts... This only applies to them fresh out the oven in the bakers because strangely when you re-heat them at home there's not nearly as much grease... If you go to a fish & chip shop here and get pie and chips (pie supper) the pie WILL be deep-fried... DISGUSTING!

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator
Made a Shepards Pie

ME9IGAA_o.jpg

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Tonight all four of us went out to a family owned BBQ place which has been in the same location and owned by the same family since 1965. It was a ton of food and we had to bring half of it home as left overs. We got four of their absolutely giant sized smoked brisket sandwiches, smoked bake beans, coleslaw, a whole rack of smoked baby back ribs (which we split four ways and still had 2/3rds left), a large French fries for the boys to split, a jello for dessert for each boy, a lemon meringue pie slice for my we, while I opted for their soup of the day instead of dessert. It was split pea soup with giant hunks of smoked ham added. Four drinks and that was $86.86 spent. I gave the. A $100 bill to include a tip despite it being counter service.

Everyone left stuffed and happy plus we have three boxes of leftovers for later. There was a beautiful smoke ring on all the meats; the owner said they had smoked it for 14 hours.

Last edited:

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
A rotisserie chicken from Costco, a Ceasar salad, microwave microwave in a bag "Vegitable medley with butter and herb sauce", some garlic bread, and some left over smoked baby back ribs from last night. That should feed four easily.

The youngest is on a health trip for some reason, I have noticed several of his friends are doing the same, he is trying not to drink soda and instead wants daily fruit smoothies. Those things usually cost $6-$8 a pop for a medium sized glass so this afternoon I broke out the blender and showed him how easy it is to make one at home. He seemed to enjoy it as did his older brother and their friend.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
I have never even heard of carrot soup.

Roast carrots, onions, and potato in oven. Simmer in chicken stock with seasoning, puree into a medium thick soup with a bit of sour cream, cream, yoghurt, or milk.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Served with it grilled slices of cheesy bread loaf smothered in butter....

Our daughter's house guest licked her bowl and decimated the plate of grilled bread.... then set upon a chocolate cake slice and some fruit gummies...

Daughter dragged her feet for everything. Something about growing pains and swallowing food bs...

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
We had El Pollo Loco.

Me, it is close by, not to expe sive, and relatively healthy. Also, before you whine and snivel the company is based out of TJ and is based on traditional border cuisine in this part of the border.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It is not for dinner but for lunch. It is a carne asada burrito with extra guacamole and hot sauce. My kitty totally wants some and keeps trying take a bite. We adopted him though and he is truly a Tijuana dumpster cat. As in a stray cat from Tijuana, Mexico who literalary eating out of a dumpster.

Now he thinks he is from Beverly Hills. Demanding special food. They literally caught you raid a trash dumpster.

Last edited:

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Got a nice piece of Tuna from fisherman this morning. Blackened.

Admin.

A wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.
Site Supporter ☠️
Yesterday I'd been thinking about my favorite Thai place for a couple days and had planned on getting some Thai Take out last night.....but instead I went to my fave Dive Bar and had one of their most awesome Patty Melts.

e034c8e521cba5b0b7d69ab53783eea9.jpg

That is all.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Today is my birthday and my extended family is coming over so I bought $150 worth of ribeye steaks along with a bunch of sides and fixes for everyone. Cake and ice cream for the kids.A nice selection of adult beverages for the adults.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
I eat a big meal once a day... bacon, eggs bread, vegetables, citrus fruit.

Four

Factory Bastard
Pizza(Homage to the HOG)honey garlic chicken wings, and Sharons breasts and hams BBQ'd for a midnight snack.

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator
About to clean out the freezer so Chili it is.. will have to make this in parts..

First one will be the drumsticks, bout 5 lbs Cook those in broth in the crock pot till the meat separates from the bone , then store that and make the ground beef part, over 5 pounds ground add to spaghetti sauce with black and kidney beans.. this chili's gunna take a week to make

Dageaux

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
About to clean out the freezer so Chili it is.. will have to make this in parts..

First one will be the drumsticks, bout 5 lbs Cook those in broth in the crock pot till the meat separates from the bone , then store that and make the ground beef part, over 5 pounds ground add to spaghetti sauce with black and kidney beans.. this chili's gunna take a week to make
...and three weeks to eat. You gonna get awfully tired of chili before you go through the 5 gallons you about to make....