What's for Dinner Tonight?

fromHELL

Banned
Banned
Chocolate Brownie Cake courtesy of the neighbor/friend next door that always makes too much for her and her two daughters.. So it all comes my way. Delicious. Rarely has she disappointed with baking.

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️
Well tonight I had red thai curry with chicken and veg. pic not good quality but working on the phones focus so better to come.
DSC-0000008.jpg

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Had a deluxe pizza and boneless chicken wings (1 pound hot and cold and 1 pound garlic parm) and Caesar salad from an awesome pizza place.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Agreed about the best part of the chicken, always go for thighs.
The only time chicken breasts don’t taste dry without undercooking the whole chicken, is when you cook the whole bird breast down. The cooking juices from the more fattier portions above, constantly wet out the breasts below. Best down in a rotisserie or if the bird is propped up in the oven with potatoes or other means.

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️
The only time chicken breasts don’t taste dry without undercooking the whole chicken, is when you cook the whole bird breast down. The cooking juices from the more fattier portions above, constantly wet out the breasts below. Best down in a rotisserie or if the bird is propped up in the oven with potatoes or other means.

get yourself some roasting bags, the whole fucking bird will be lush.

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️
I’ve never used a roasting bag in all my life. Interesting…cheers! :ThumbsUp1:

I generally cook all meat underdone. It takes delicious and succulent that way in my opinion.
bags are like roast /boil/steam/ pressure cook all at once, its weird but is first rate. I do cajun chicken like that and you cant really over cook it as it just falls of the bone. And the juice left is its own gravy, I add sweetcorn, shrooms, crushed garlic, onion and bell peppers to the bag. even carrots and tatties will do. In oven for an hour plus, you cant really over cook it.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
bags are like roast /boil/steam/ pressure cook all at once, its weird but is first rate. I do cajun chicken like that and you cant really over cook it as it just falls of the bone. And the juice left is its own gravy, I add sweetcorn, shrooms, crushed garlic, onion and bell peppers to the bag. even carrots and tatties will do. In oven for an hour plus, you cant really over cook it.
Sounds like the go! Cheers.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
sous vide makes it so you can cook meat to a specific temperature, so it can be juicy and yet fully cooked. I highly recommend this methog.

Truder

Factory Bastard
butterscotch chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. jesus those were on another level of greatness. had over a dozen or so in the last couple nights

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator
Don't have a microwave?!

WTF

Ha , ya it bit it over a year ago .. I haven't got a replacement .. doesn't help I have family saying they have one for me but never make the time cuz scuuury COVID..

My TV died , Couch is shot and my computer chairs back is broken.. I'll one day bite this bullet and replace it all at once.. that way I can rent a small dumpster to haul it away..

Admin.

All that glitters, is not gold.
Site Supporter ☠️
My went out fishing yesterday and brought me a couple filets, was going to have them last night, but the fresh dungies he also brought over filled me up.

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️
Don't have a microwave?!

WTF
I dont use a microwave apart from jacket potatoes and reheating yesterdays left over chinese take away, and then I may not use it. I see it as more a waste of space.

Having said that ive bought a frey bentos steak and kidney pudding which I've not had before and its a 3 minute nuke in the microwave, will try that out tomorrow to see what it tastes like.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
I believe I’ll smoke some wings in the bar b q.

That sounds delish.

I am making bbq shrimp (no bbq sauce tho just a dry rub with old bay) and then a creole sauce served drizzled over the shrimp atop cheese grits.

Fall is upon us and I’m in the mood for some classic comfort food. We will eat this watching Hocus Pocus 1&2 with the kiddos and our guests on the projector.