What's for Dinner Tonight?

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
I have no idea what Old Bay is? Booze?
kKNc4rB.jpeg

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
For supper we had some beef (blade roast I think) done in a slow cooker...but I think my wife seared it first maybe...

With horseradish...

And mashed potatoes...

And gravy...

And squash....

And carrots (some recipe with balsamic vinegar and maple syrup and chili peppers...really tasty)...

And broccoli....

And Cookies'n'Cream ice cream for dessert...

Weeg

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I used to do that when I was a kid. As I grew up, I enjoy the sauces that come with the main dish more. This particular sauce is made with oyster sauce, soy sauce and broth...
Thay have hoison sauce at chinese buffet. Its good!

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Thay have hoison sauce at chinese buffet. Its good!
I always have a Hoisin sauce on the go.

I use it on chicken a lot, and as a dipping sauce for fresh spring rolls that my wife makes. I also like it with grilled fish; I do not think that it is used that way traditionally, but I like it.

Usually I have this brand:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

I find that company makes really tasty sauces. I think we have an oyster sauce and a garlic chili sauce/paste on the go from them too. Also they make my favourite Sriracha sauce.

Admin.

All that glitters, is not gold.
Site Supporter ☠️
Soaking red beans over night to make this manana, red bean's and rice, the ancient family recipe of an old friend of mine, who hails from the big easy.

Red Beans and Rice:
1 lb of light red kidney beans.
1 or 2 packs of smoked sausage or andouille (or 1 pack plus 1 small ham shank).
1 medium sized onion
4 stalks of celery
1 small green bell pepper
1-2 cloves of garlic
White rice
This is a recipe for 1 lb of beans (I usually cook 2 lbs at a time since it freezes so
well, but this is a great place to start).
You will need to get some smoked pork sausage-anything will work (Hillshire
Farms or whatever-or use some andouille sausage). It usually comes in 13 oz
packages-add 1 package or if you like more sausage, add 2 packages. You could
also use 1 package of sausage and a small ham shank (not ham hocks). If you use
the ham shank, take it out after a few hours of cooking-let it cool and take off the
meat to put back in the pot. Doggo then gets the bone. She will love it.
Rinse beans in a large pot then cover them in water by at least 2 inches and let
soak overnight.
You will need a big pot-this will make 6-8 servings.
Toss out the soaking water and cover beans with cold fresh water by about 2
inches. Add cut up sausage, the “trinity” (dice a small onion, a green bell pepper
and about 4 stalks of celery-also dice a small clove of garlic and add that). (I have
been using dehydrated Trinity to save time with the chopping, but I get it from
New Orleans). Add ½ teaspoon of Tony’s seasoning (available at Safeway, Fred
Meyer, etc.). Just dump in everything. Make sure everything is still covered in at
least an inch of water once everything is in the pot
Bring to a boil then put on a VERY low fire-with the lid slightly ajar. Stir every 15
minutes or so, so that it doesn’t stick. Make sure that the fire is low but that it is
high enough that it is simmering.

It will take about 4 hours to cook-don’t worry, you can’t undercook or overcook-
just start tasting it after about 3 hours and it is done when the beans are the
consistency that you like. If they start getting a little dry-just add a little water. If it
looks like you added too much water, just remove the lid and continue to cook.
Rice:
In a 2-quart covered microwave dish, add 1 cup of rice and 2 cups of cold water.
Put the rice and water in the microwave on high for 5 minutes, then on 50%
power for 15 minutes, then let sit in the microwave for 5 minutes. Do not uncover
until after it sits for that 5 minutes then fluff with a fork (Be careful of steam
burns-this will be hot). Leftover rice can be put in individual servings (zip locks)
and frozen. To reheat later-it is just 1 minute in the micro. The instructions are on
the back of the bag!
The beans will also freeze extremely well (individual servings). It is good to always
have some red beans and rice in your freezer. You never know when you will
need some home cooking in case of melt downs. Red beans and rice cures almost
everything.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
I had some barbecued lamb chops for lunch (day off). Probably won't be doing much besides making another sandwich from cold cuts and a bit of salad for last meal.

It's far to easy to fire up the barbecue once on the piss and neglect fridge staples.... plus there's the need to do dishes.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Do people have any idea what my monthly budget is for fine dining and scheduled events? It would kill me to know that one of you is the guys in the back washing off my dishes. Lets hear what your hot milfy mother made you for budget dinner this evening.
Are you trying to fill the void that cretin Biggie left? No one cares what your budget for fine dining is. SMH

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Last night salmon, salad, brown rice, and a mushroom, garlic, tomato, red potato, fava bean side. Nicely seasoned, the way I do it. Tonight eating with friends so who knows.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Are you trying to fill the void that cretin Biggie left? No one cares what your budget for fine dining is. SMH
The post you replied to was almost 4 years old.

Try to control yourself and keep the flaming in Meltdown.

My wife made a Mexican-inspired dish last night that she calls a "beef enchilada bake". Lots of stuff you would expect to be in it like beef, salsa, tortilla, black beans, onions, green onions, chilies and other spices...I had it with a hot sauce and sour cream.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Soaking red beans over night to make this manana, red bean's and rice, the ancient family recipe of an old friend of mine, who hails from the big easy.

Red Beans and Rice:
1 medium sized onion
4 stalks of celery
1-2 cloves of garlic
White rice
This is a recipe for 1 lb of beans (I usually cook 2 lbs at a time since it freezes so
the ham shank, take it out after a few hours of cooking-let it cool and take off the
Rinse beans in a large pot then cover them in water by at least 2 inches and let
soak overnight.
inches. Add cut up sausage, the “trinity” (dice a small onion, a green bell pepper
and about 4 stalks of celery-also dice a small clove of garlic and add that). (I have
Meyer, etc.). Just dump in everything. Make sure everything is still covered in at
Bring to a boil then put on a VERY low fire-with the lid slightly ajar. Stir every 15
minutes or so, so that it doesn’t stick. Make sure that the fire is low but that it is

It will take about 4 hours to cook-don’t worry, you can’t undercook or overcook-
consistency that you like. If they start getting a little dry-just add a little water. If it
Rice:
In a 2-quart covered microwave dish, add 1 cup of rice and 2 cups of cold water.
power for 15 minutes, then let sit in the microwave for 5 minutes. Do not uncover
until after it sits for that 5 minutes then fluff with a fork (Be careful of steam
burns-this will be hot). Leftover rice can be put in individual servings (zip locks)
and frozen. To reheat later-it is just 1 minute in the micro. The instructions are on
the back of the bag!
The beans will also freeze extremely well (individual servings). It is good to always
everything.

I liked the idea of this so much, while out grocery shopping today, I bought the ingredients. I found Andouille sausage at Costco. Making it sometime this week.

Thanks for posting.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
I liked the idea of this so much, while out grocery shopping today, I bought the ingredients. I found Andouille sausage at Costco. Making it sometime this week.

Thanks for posting.
It was delicious, my two closest stores didn't have ham shanks, so I used hocks which are pretty fatty but good flavor.

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️

Red Beans and Rice:
1 medium sized onion
4 stalks of celery
1-2 cloves of garlic
White rice
soak overnight.

Rice:
the back of the bag!
everything.
I make that but weres the seasoning? Cayenne pepper, smoked paprika etc ? I use ofcuts of ham. Did have link to a great louisiana cooking site I'll hAVe to go hunt for it at some point.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
I make that but weres the seasoning? Cayenne pepper, smoked paprika etc ? I use ofcuts of ham. Did have link to a great louisiana cooking site I'll hAVe to go hunt for it at some point.
That’s my friends Mom’s recipe, he was born in Nola. His mom still lives there in the Garden District, contrary to some popular opinions, Cajun food is not generally ‘spicy hot’ spicy yes, hot not so much, so the above recipe is authentic, if you like things hot, add your Cayenne etc.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Okay. We went to dinner at friends' last night. She made Mexican chicken, like Tinga. Made a ton so gave us leftovers. Tonight I made tacos with it and black beans and avocados and tomatoes. Used tortillas from Spain and some kind of Portuguese sauce. I have to say they were pretty damn good.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Okay. We went to dinner at friends' last night. She made Mexican chicken, like Tinga. Made a ton so gave us leftovers. Tonight I made tacos with it and black beans and avocados and tomatoes. Used tortillas from Spain and some kind of Portuguese sauce. I have to say they were pretty damn good.

That's what I'm making for dinner tonight. Only I cooked a pot of Peruvian beans, they are so tender and delicious. I have leftover cilatro-lime rice and putting the Tinga on tostada shells.

A simple salad on the side.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Red Beans and Rice:
1 medium sized onion
4 stalks of celery
1-2 cloves of garlic
White rice
soak overnight.

Rice:
the back of the bag!
everything.
I want to try this, but I need to figure out what kind of sausage to get. The sausage is different and mysterious here. I have only purchased it a couple of times as I rarely eat mammal, so I'm clueless. I have to ask around.

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
A repost from elsewhere* and what I did:

I'm working with some pork tenderloins. Don't quite butterfly but cut a hefty pocket through the middle. Squirt and rub some mustard in there. Put as many asparagus spears that will fit but not too many. Fold and squeeze it back together. Season it all over, taking care to keep it together while turning it over to season the other side. I used a McCormick Cajun seasoning. Then ... wrap that shit in bacon! This got a little sloppy but I managed.

Stick it in the oven at 350 for 20 minutes and turn it down to 300.

This is after being in the oven for ~ 50 minutes. The temp checked at 140, so it's pretty much done. I'm just waiting for the bacon to get a bit more done.

bcn-wrp-tnd.jpg

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Last night my wife and I had date night so we went to a local farm to table restaurant. It was good; we had a grilled octopus appetizer, two entrees of lamb osso bucolic, my wife had two fruity girl drinks, while I drank iced tea with a slice of lemon. Total bill was $154 after tax and tip.

Luckily, the boys didn't want to go so we saved some money there and instead they got to order Chinese delivery.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Last night my wife and I had date night so we went to a local farm to table restaurant. It was good; we had a grilled octopus appetizer, two entrees of lamb osso bucolic, my wife had two fruity girl drinks, while I drank iced tea with a slice of lemon. Total bill was $154 after tax and tip.

Luckily, the boys didn't want to go so we saved some money there and instead they got to order Chinese delivery.
Did you get a handjob under the table?

Nothing like getting a handjob under the table at a classy joint.