What's the last thing you purchased?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I splurged and picked up a largish Sockeye Salmon Filet, and some fresh undocumented Asparagus last night.

Garlic-Herb-Sockeye-Salmon-3.jpg

Not bad but way to much oil for my tastes.
Not oil young lad, EVOO and lemon juice.

That's what I cook salmon in. Delish.

Salmon here is excellent, and two fresh fillets cost about 5-6 bucks.
Occasionally I'll go down to the dock and buy cock right off the boat.

No wonder you are called aidsman.
The 5-30 I put in the Toyotas is oil too, what should I cook in that?

Dude. . . Learn how to laugh at yourself.

You are delving into absurdity now.

Lily of Denial

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
EVOO is oil, dumb ass. Extra Virginia Olive Oil. Also I always squeeze the lemon after it has been cooked and at most leave a thin slice of lemon on top while it cooks mostly for presentation. That way everyone can squeeze as much or as little lemon as they individual like.

Also temperature kills the flavor of olive oil so why bother with an expensive oil you are just going to ruin? An individual pat of butter works better for baking fish as it is more full flavored, won't run as much, is thus more likely to mostly stay on the fish where you want it, and it costs less than a good EVOO.
DistantHappygoluckyIcelandgull-size_restricted.gif

Yes, we know you enjoy displaying and maintaining your absolute ignorance. No amount of childish gifs can obscure that.

"It's not oil; it's olive oil!" Moron.

I'm dead lol

You are suppose to use the expensive good EVOO for salad dressing and other stuff. You eat it raw.

EVOO is also used for cooking food over heat. It's not good for anything like deep frying, but it's completely fine to cook with it as well. You can google hundreds, if not thousands, of recipes where food is prepared with EVOO.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

I didnt say it wasnt fine for cooking. I said you dont want to spend extra money on the higher quality only to cook with it, because it breaks down the flavor and doesnt make a difference. You'll get the same result using the regular or cheaper oil.

You spend more money for higher quality oil for the flavor, for salad dressings and stuff. Like I said.

If you are gonna jump my posts and try to correct me, try to make sure you address what I'm saying. And try to use Meriam Webster over google if you are going to try to correct word usage. I understand you are big mad over a difference of opinion and you really, really want to "call me on my shit", but it's important to understand what's being said before you correct it.

I don't know how you can read my post and even think I said "you can't use EVOO to cook". The point was, it's a waste of money to use expensive oil for cooking. You CAN, sure.

You need to get your head screwed on straight. There is no anger over anything on my part. There is a difference of opinion on the worth of EVOO in cooking.

There are entire Mediterranean cuisines that rely on olive oil to cook their food, because it enhances the flavor of food. It's not a waste, unless you don't have a discerning palate and can't taste the difference.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
EVOO is oil, dumb ass. Extra Virginia Olive Oil. Also I always squeeze the lemon after it has been cooked and at most leave a thin slice of lemon on top while it cooks mostly for presentation. That way everyone can squeeze as much or as little lemon as they individual like.

Also temperature kills the flavor of olive oil so why bother with an expensive oil you are just going to ruin? An individual pat of butter works better for baking fish as it is more full flavored, won't run as much, is thus more likely to mostly stay on the fish where you want it, and it costs less than a good EVOO.

Yes, we know you enjoy displaying and maintaining your absolute ignorance. No amount of childish gifs can obscure that.

I'm dead lol

You are suppose to use the expensive good EVOO for salad dressing and other stuff. You eat it raw.

EVOO is also used for cooking food over heat. It's not good for anything like deep frying, but it's completely fine to cook with it as well. You can google hundreds, if not thousands, of recipes where food is prepared with EVOO.

I didnt say it wasnt fine for cooking. I said you dont want to spend extra money on the higher quality only to cook with it, because it breaks down the flavor and doesnt make a difference. You'll get the same result using the regular or cheaper oil.

You spend more money for higher quality oil for the flavor, for salad dressings and stuff. Like I said.

If you are gonna jump my posts and try to correct me, try to make sure you address what I'm saying. And try to use Meriam Webster over google if you are going to try to correct word usage. I understand you are big mad over a difference of opinion and you really, really want to "call me on my shit", but it's important to understand what's being said before you correct it.

I don't know how you can read my post and even think I said "you can't use EVOO to cook". The point was, it's a waste of money to use expensive oil for cooking. You CAN, sure.

You need to get your head screwed on straight. There is no anger over anything on my part. There is a difference of opinion on the worth of EVOO in cooking.

There are entire Mediterranean cuisines that rely on olive oil to cook their food, because it enhances the flavor of food. It's not a waste, unless you don't have a discerning palate and can't taste the difference.

^^^ stupid American....

:rollseyes:

Admin.

"Brother, can you spare a dime?" Trump
Site Supporter ☠️

I'm dead lol

Like you said in a previous post Lily you can hardly find a recipe online these days, that doesn't ask for Olive Oil

Lily of Denial

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

I'm dead lol

Like you said in a previous post Lily you can hardly find a recipe online these days, that doesn't ask for Olive Oil

It not only enhances the flavor of food, it's a healthier option and doctors and dietitians recommend it. If you can't afford olive oil, don't buy it. Simple as that.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

I'm dead lol

It not only enhances the flavor of food, it's a healthier option and doctors and dietitians recommend it. If you can't afford olive oil, don't buy it. Simple as that.
Exactly, I keep a bottle of Canola around for the odd thing, like searing a roast before tossing in the oven, or the rare baking i do.

Lily of Denial

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

I'm dead lol

Exactly, I keep a bottle of Canola around for the odd thing, like searing a roast before tossing in the oven, or the rare baking i do.

We have canola, olive, avocado and sesame oil. We use it for different types of cooking. If we couldn't afford it, we'd probably choose canola oil for costs savings.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

I'm dead lol

We have canola, olive, avocado and sesame oil. We use it for different types of cooking. If we couldn't afford it, we'd probably choose canola oil for costs savings.
Canola isn't bad all, not too greasy light on bad cholesteral etc, my Dog loves it as an occasional treat on top of her kibble, If that works for you then stick with that, speaking editorially for the cooking oil sensitive.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

I'm dead lol

^^^ stupid American....

:rollseyes:

It's like an intentional effort to not follow what's being said and just make up whats being said.

Oh well lol.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It is amazing what lying pieces of dog shit will do to try to avoid saying they are wrong. Please kill yourself to help America as only your death can help America.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
It is amazing what lying pieces of dog shit will do to try to avoid saying they are wrong. Please kill yourself to help America as only your death can help America.

I didnt think what I said was complicated lol.

I wouldnt even take the shit seriously. If they wish to exit reality and discuss things no one is saying.....just point and laugh.

:D

Lily of Denial

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Wrong about what? No one is lying. I don't think you and Dove are lying. I think you're wrong. But guess what I'm not doing? I'm not at my laptop flipping people off and losing my shit over a difference of opinion regarding EVOO.

You have issues. It's EVOO ffs. Calm down, nerd.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Wrong about what? No one is lying. I don't think you and Dove are lying. I think you're wrong.

Well you'd have to have the skills to know what's being said before saying we are "wrong".

But irony abounds. I'm just gonna lol at it.

I mean O here is giving you the benefit of the doubt in saying you guys are lying, because it's difficult to wrap ones mind around how a grown person who brags about their intelligence could possibly misread something that badly.

He doesnt want to believe someone could be this stupid.

But I'm sure this will get labeled a "troll". I'd say knock yourself out.....but it looks like you already may have lol.

Last edited:

Lily of Denial

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Wrong about what? No one is lying. I don't think you and Dove are lying. I think you're wrong.

Well you'd have to have the skills to know what's being said before saying we are "wrong".

I think you're both wrong when you say EVOO is wasted when used for cooking; it should be reserved for salads and eaten raw. It's that what you said?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

I think you're both wrong when you say EVOO is wasted when used for cooking; it should be reserved for salads and eaten raw. It's that what you said?

Again.....you would have to understand what's being said.

Because that ain't it. I was pretty clear. Perhaps go back and read slower?

People who cook a lot all know this. And it's not "olive oil is a waste to cook with" lol.

Lily of Denial

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

That is what you said more than once. It's what I am responding to because it's what I read more than once. If you don't like it, suck it up.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Maybe this will help.

At least for any readers who like to cook, cook as hobby....et.

"Do not cook with your good, early harvest oil. “You can use it for light sautéing if you prefer the flavor, but it's kind of a waste to do that because when you heat it up, because the lipids are so low, you actually change the chemical makeup of the lipids and turn the good fats into bad fats.”

Use your cheap/old olive oil for cooking and save the good stuff for drizzling over soups and salads."

Dont waste your MONEY...on the pricier higher quality olive oil by using it for cooking. The regular, cheaper stuff has the SAME result if you are cooking with it.

The quality stuff is better in salads, dips....raw. As I said a couple times. :)

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

That is what you said more than once. It's what I am responding to because it's what I read more than once.

Well that's absolutely not what was said.

I dont know what to tell you.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Maybe this will help.

"Do not cook with your good, early harvest oil. “You can use it for light sautéing if you prefer the flavor, but it's kind of a waste to do that because when you heat it up, because the lipids are so low, you actually change the chemical makeup of the lipids and turn the good fats into bad fats.”

Use your cheap/old olive oil for cooking and save the good stuff for drizzling over soups and salads."

Dont waste your MONEY...on the pricier higher quality olive oil by using it for cooking. The regular, cheaper stuff has the SAME result if you are cooking with it.

The quality stuff is better in salads, dips....raw.

Dove is schooling a spic on olive oil! :LOL3:

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Maybe this will help.

The quality stuff is better in salads, dips....raw.

Dove is schooling a spic on olive oil! :LOL3:

Literally never said not to use olive oil. I was just talking about HOW to use olive oil.

But hey if they want to throw money away by cooking with high quality oil when they can get the same end result with basic cheaper stuff.....meh. Dont bother me! Enjoy!

Lily of Denial

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Maybe this will help.

The quality stuff is better in salads, dips....raw. As I said a couple times. :)

That's also an opinion, it's not a fact. Just because you have once source saying that, it's not some kind of definitive answer.
Just clicked your source and skimmed it for a minute. How often are you travelling to Italy to get the good stuff, Dove?

lol

And how do you define "cheap" olive oil?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Maybe this will help.

That's also an opinion, it's not a fact. Just because you have once source saying that, it's not some kind of definitive answer. And how do you define "cheap" olive oil?

You know what?

You are right. It's just opinions. It doesnt REALLY change the composition when you put it to heat. Chefs are just opinionated.

And there is totally not several different kinds of olive oil depending on harvest and press and age. And its definately not priced accordingly.

You should go grab that 15 dollar and up fresh harvest stuff and FRY SHIT IN IT.

Thank you for calling me on my shit. It's a good thing you chose to challange this. Once again... my fake intellect has been thwarted.

Lily of Denial

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Maybe this will help.

That's also an opinion, it's not a fact. Just because you have once source saying that, it's not some kind of definitive answer. And how do you define "cheap" olive oil?

You know what?

You are right. It's just opinions. It doesnt REALLY change the composition when you put it to heat. Chefs are just opinionated.

And there is totally not several different kinds of olive oil depending on harvest and press and age. And its definately not priced accordingly.

You should go grab that 15 dollar and up fresh harvest stuff and FRY SHIT IN IT.

Thank you for calling me on my shit. Once again... my fake intellect has been thwarted.

Just tell me when you fly to Italy to get the expensive shit. I might have you get me a bottle since you're so special and all. And you and that writer should go tell Italians, Greeks, Spaniards and everyone else in the Mediterranean how badly they cook their food. Go ahead.

And tell them to never fry french fries in olive oil like you assume that myself or admin are talking about. You moron.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Fuck you are kidding, right?

Lmaoooo.

Gotdamn. So Oak doesnt use olive oil much lol. That or she's been wasting money and is mad at me over it lol.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Just shut the fuck up, Lily of the Nuff Nuff Woods...

Dove schooled your arse.

I bet you the weirdos who are ridiculously offended by this convo buy the expensive oil and cook with it.

And feel good about it. And now they know it doesnt make a difference.....the messenger must DIE lol.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Fuck you are kidding, right?

Lmaoooo.

No, when you go to Italy to get the good shit, as the article you posted implies, you bring some back, ya hear?

See you are getting dumber now.

You need to chose your battles better lol. You can definately purchase high quality fresh harvest olive oil outside of Italy lol.

I literally have olive oil I cook with and olive oil I use for hummus and za'atar and salad.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Just shut the fuck up, Lily of the Nuff Nuff Woods...

Dove schooled your arse.

I bet you the weirdos who are ridiculously offended by this convo buy the expensive oil and cook with it.

And feel good about it. And now they know it doesnt make a difference.....the messenger must DIE lol.

They must be craptastic chefs in the home...