Your driving me crazy!!!!

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Whenever, and I mean WHENEVER, you have the word "your" in a sentence, ask yourself this simple question: Would this sentence make sense if I replaced "your" with "you are"? If the answer is yes, then always, and I mean ALWAYS, delete the fucking "your" and replace it with "YOU'RE," god damnit!!!!!!!!!!

You're welcome.

• Agree!
Reactions: Q

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
I hate when this happens and I have to throw the whole man away. It’s such a waste.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Whenever, and I mean WHENEVER, you have the word "your" in a sentence, ask yourself this simple question: Would this sentence make sense if I replaced "your" with "you are"? If the answer is yes, then always, and I mean ALWAYS, delete the fucking "your" and replace it with "YOU'RE," god damnit!!!!!!!!!!

You're welcome.

That's why I don't wanna become an ESL teacher.

Cuz those who enter the Trade/Profession end up becoming Grammar Nazis.

And in the process they end up driving themselves crazy becoming obsessed with silly chit that doesn't matter in the End.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

You're welcome.
Yoo spelt “your” wrong in the title, yoo should’ve said “you’re” har-harr!

kNfkAhIaHrY7gp6fqE68-YWPVrtbqCip8O__KdyUAIu4RnOEsqCKpJpQ5J07nOjcmcccthXUD2XmBumNnUwiSagKyWAngM6h580iwWZRykh0pP1FZ7YyJsg=w500-h274

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

You're welcome.

That's why I don't wanna become an ESL teacher.

And in the process they end up driving themselves crazy becoming obsessed with silly chit that doesn't matter in the End.

It's really not being a grammar Nazi to expect grown adults who speak English as a first language to know the difference between "your" and "you're." It's the most fundamental bit of knowledge that anyone with average intelligence should be able to acquire by their 10th birthday.

• Agree!
Reactions: Q

Q

Dictator of the Bastard Factory
Banned

You're welcome.
It was time somebody told them. So many times this is going completely WRONG. Very frustrating, because usually the people do not respond well when you want to help them by correcting it.

I blame all the texting and the internet!
The youth nowadays doesn't care about writting something correct, all they care about is that the messages are delivered fast. The unfortunate consequence of all these errors will be that in some time a lot of people will use the wrong words and communicating will cause even more errors than currently.

Q

Dictator of the Bastard Factory
Banned

That's not being a grammar nazi, it's about understanding that communicating with the wrong words will cause people to fail to understand each other. Even by not using the correct interpunction, sometimes a sentence can mean 3 completely different things. Now think what happens when using the wrong words. It might suddenly mean something totally different from what the person communication tried to communicate.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

You're welcome.
It was time somebody told them. So many times this is going completely WRONG. Very frustrating, because usually the people do not respond well when you want to help them by correcting it.

I blame all the texting and the internet!
The youth nowadays doesn't care about writting something correct, all they care about is that the messages are delivered fast. The unfortunate consequence of all these errors will be that in some time a lot of people will use the wrong words and communicating will cause even more errors than currently.
You shouldn’t be texting the youth on the internet Rock Spider...