6 year old shoots teacher in VA classroom

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Hold the parent(s) or guardian criminally responsible and make them pay the full costs for the teacher's medical and rehabilitation costs. If that's for life, so be it.

If the liability fell on the parents and then they'd think twice about leaving weapons around so their children can kill or maim people

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Maybe, just maybe there are too many guns in the US. And apparently, sometimes accessible to little children.
Every time America accepts more 'gun freedom' and violence, it lurches closer and closer toward a totalitarian police state.

If you think about nations which went down this path, be they left or right, the pattern is always the same. Gun violence which led to civil war. And then eventually some strongman rises out of nowhere, promises to restore order, and then turns his country in a police state.

Stalin in Russia, Hitler in Germany and more recently Erdogan in Turkey.

"Oh I'm the Guy who can restore order! Follow me!"

....but in the meantime they destroy whatever civil liberties the people have left.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Every time America lurches to more 'gun freedom' and gun violence, it edges closer and closer toward a police state.

If you think about nations which went down this path, be they left or right, the pattern is always the same. Gun violence which led to civil war. And then eventually some strongman rises out of nowhere, promises to restore order, and then turns his country in a police state.

Stalin in Russia, Hitler in Germany and more recently Erdogan in Turkey.

"Oh I'm the Guy who can restore order! Follow me!"

....but in the meantime they destroy whatever civil liberties the people have left.

The bottom line is that we have a country of people that don't care about other people. Only their people.
It's an enormous problem.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The bottom line is that we have a country of people that don't care about other people. Only their people.
It's an enormous problem.
Well I thought that Jan 6 riot demonstrates what I 'm talking about.

Seems to me that Capitol building was once time open for tours or for you as an American citizen to enter and freely walk through.

But what now? Now it's barricaded with armed guards, soldiers and guns

It's almost as if they're saying "Sorry Kids, this is why we can't have nice things"

And yes, those rioters are to blame for just another one of your freedoms been taken away @Lily. It's too bad but they ruined the party for you.

Yet, that is exactly how police states begin and your personal liberties get eroded over time.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Well I thought that Jan 6 riot demonstrates what I 'm talking about.

Seems to me that Capitol building was once time open for tours or for you as an American citizen to enter and freely walk through.

But what now? Now it's barricaded with armed guards, soldiers and guns

It's almost as if they're saying "Sorry Kids, this is why we can't have nice things"

And yes, those rioters are to blame for just another one of your freedoms been taken away @lily.It's too bad but they ruined the party for you.

Yet, that is exactly how police states begin and your personal liberties get eroded over time.

I agree, people that resort to that level of violence change communities. Like airports and 9/11. It's why I abhor violence of any kind.

I do not support violence as a strategy to a political problem. It just doesn't work.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I agree, people that resort to that level of violence change communities. Like airports and 9/11. It's why I abhor violence of any kind.

I do not support violence as a strategy to a political problem. It just doesn't work.
I saw the footage.

And even the more restrained conservative, law abiding Republican Trump supporters said, "don't go in! You're breaking the law!" Even they were urging the protestors to stay out.

even they knew that the riotors stepped over the line.
But incidents have ruined your country for them too.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I saw the footage.

And even the more restrained conservative, law abiding Republican Trump supporters said, "don't go in! You're breaking the law!" Even they were urging the protestors to stay out.

even they knew that the riotors stepped over the line.
But incidents have ruined your country for them too.

It was awful. I don't trust anyone that wants to resort to violence to overturn a democratically elected government, even if it isn't the person I wanted in office.

You take your losses like an adult. You don't have a violent tantrum over it.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It was awful. I don't trust anyone that wants to resort to violence to overturn a democratically elected government, even if it isn't the person I wanted in office.

You take your losses like an adult. You don't have a violent tantrum over it.
while i dont think that Trump wanted the insurrection the way it unfolded he still is at fault because he was absent at the Capitol building to calm the protesters. If he had been there and said "Stop!", the riot wouldnot have happened. Trump lost conyrol of the situation and therefore demonstrated that he is unfit to lead.

That incident ruined Trump his chances for re election in 2024. Had he kept his cool and controlled his supporters i believe Trump wpuld be in much stronger contention to make a presidential bid next year. But even many Republicans dont want him and are leaning de santis.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
while i dont think that Trump wanted the insurrection the way it unfolded he still is at fault because he was absent at the Capitol building to calm the protesters. If he had been there and said "Stop!", the riot wouldnot have happened.

That incident ruined Trump his chances for re election in 2024. Had he kept his cool and controlled his supporters i believe in much stronger contention to make a presidential bid next year. But even many Republicans dont want him and are leaning de santis.

I disagree. I think he loves spectacle and violence. He simply didn't think there would be consequences for it. He watched the violence for hours while being implored to do something. He didn't care.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I disagree. I think he loves spectacle and violence. He simply didn't think there would be consequences for it. He watched the violence for hours while being implored to do something. He didn't care.
I dont think Trump wanted that riot. But he did not foresee how easy it is for situations to spin out of control like that. So it demonstrated poor leadership and inexperience.

You can can control machines and robots but not people in the same way.

People are highly unpredictable

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I dont think Trump wanted that riot. But he did not foresee how easy it is for situations to spin out of control like that. So it demonstrated poor leadership and inexperience.

You can can control machines and robots but not people in the same way.

People are highly unpredictable

Sure he did. If he didn't want it, he would have acted immediately to curtail it. He was basically being begged to stop from people in his inner circle, people in his party and even Fox News entertainers.

Wake up.

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter
Oh ma gawd, Jan 6th was literally armageddon!!!! Those old boomers strolling around taking selfies inside the White House were absolutely terrifying!

Nothing like those brave, noble, Antifa and BLM rioters who spent months torching buildings and causing carnage.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
gettyimages-1230454153-edit_custom-187589fa84d887c885a9c2031b8d865628d44653-s1300-c85.webp

Bear spray being used on law enforcement.