Biden Selects Ketanji Brown Jackson as Supreme Court Nominee

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned
President Biden has selected Ketanji Brown Jackson as his nominee to the Supreme Court, according to a Friday morning White House announcement. If confirmed, she will be the first Black woman to serve on the nation’s highest court.

Biden nominated Jackson, 51, to the
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
. Jackson had served as a district judge in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia since 2013, previously working as a public defender, the vice chair of the U.S. Sentencing Commission and a clerk under retiring Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer. Jackson attended Harvard for both undergrad and law school and if confirmed would be the

Jackson was confirmed to her current post by the Senate in a 53-44 vote, with Republican Sens. Susan Collins of Maine, Lisa Murkowski of Alaska and Lindsey Graham of South Carolina voting in her favor. According to a
, 69 percent of Americans said Jackson was qualified to sit on the court, including 57 percent of Republicans.

“Judge Jackson is an exceptionally qualified nominee as well as an historic nominee, and the Senate should move forward with a fair and timely hearing and confirmation," the White House announced in a statement. Biden and Jackson will both deliver remarks Friday afternoon.

.Let the howling begin.

Admin.

The Flying Fickle Finger Of Fate.
Site Supporter ☠️
I'm sure she's some hysterical libtard. Anyway, SCOTUS net change ZERO!!!

thumb_i-like-beer-memegenerator-net-i-like-beer-kavanaugh-scream-52692286.png

He's Judicious af!

But seriously, it will be nice to finally have a Muslin on the Court.

Levon

Philosopher King
Site Supporter
Biden tries to do something "historic" as Putin makes actual history.
You read it here first... the economic sanctions will smother Vlad, it was a desperation move and it's already backfiring. Let's see in a few months what sort of "actual" history we get from it.

But really, after thirty years of US corporate foreign policy in Ukraine but aimed at Russia, it's not hard to see why he's pissed.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Solely focusing on a black woman, it discriminates against Mexicans, Asians, Whites, and Men.

Hope he gets charged.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
You read it here first... the economic sanctions will smother Vlad, it was a desperation move and it's already backfiring. Let's see in a few months what sort of "actual" history we get from it.

But really, after thirty years of US corporate foreign policy in Ukraine but aimed at Russia, it's not hard to see why he's pissed.
The markets say you are wrong.

Levon

Philosopher King
Site Supporter

The markets say you are wrong.

It's too soon for the markets to know what to do with this. Besides, we haven't even seen what sanctions will be employed.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
Solely focusing on a black woman, it discriminates against Mexicans, Asians, Whites, and Men.

Hope he gets charged.
Except for when Reagan announced his intention to put a woman on the Court before he was elected, right?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Hope he gets charged.
Except for when Reagan announced his intention to put a woman on the Court before he was elected, right?

I'm pretty sure Blazor is my age. I was born in 1980.

My first election? Was Bush and Gore and I voted for Gore.

There has always been things I agreed with democrats on and things I agreed with Republicans on. Until Obama happened and I saw how it's a monoparty in there that is batshit ass crazy and doesnt give a shit about any of us.

Was Reagan just gonna get someone with a vagina just to get it checked off the diversity list? Because that's what Biden just did. Do you think that's a wise and solid way to appoint a SC Justice?

What do you think the qualifications should be?

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

Hope he gets charged.

There has always been things I agreed with democrats on and things I agreed with Republicans on. Until Obama happened and I saw how it's a monoparty in there that is batshit ass crazy and doesnt give a shit about any of us.

Was Reagan just gonna get someone with a vagina just to get it checked off the diversity list? Because that's what Biden just did. Do you think that's a wise and solid way to appoint a SC Justice?

Sandra Day O'Connor was a widely well respected Justice.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Hope he gets charged.

What do you think the qualifications should be? Do you think it's a wise thing to chose someone JUST for their race and sex?

Do you agree with this nomination and why?

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

Hope he gets charged.

What do you think the qualifications should be? Do you think it's a wise thing to chose someone JUST for their race and sex?

In a technical area I would like to think nominees would have recognized sign of expertise, as an example On the recent surgeries I have had, I took a great deal of comfort knowing everyone involved in my 'procedures' were experts in their crafts.

When society is trying to correct it's sins of the past, extra weight given to a person from that group should be given consideration and ceteris parabus give the minority candidate as much consideration as possible.

As a Veteran for example, I am given some extra brownie points on government job applications.

Last edited:

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

Hope he gets charged.

Man, you going back to the 80's!!!

I LOVE the 80's btw.

Reagan wasnt so bad, you know he good when THEY try n take ya out.

MY belief? Hire based on qualifications, not gender or skin color.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

Hope he gets charged.

Man, you going back to the 80's!!!

I LOVE the 80's btw.

Reagan wasnt so bad, you know he good when THEY try n take ya out.

MY belief? Hire based on qualifications, not gender or skin color.
That is what I think everyone's goal is, once everyone is not prejudged on suntans or surnames, etc

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Hope he gets charged.

When society is trying to correct it's sins of the past, extra weight given to a person from that group should be given consideration and ceteris parabus give the minority candidate as much consideration as possible.

Okay so this a "yes" you agree and why.

But what do you think the qualifications should be?

Also what sins? Did we not fight and win abolition? Civil rights? The 15th?

Also if racism is a sin you think should be corrected......dont you think Biden should continue the criminal justice reforms started by Trump with the first step act? Since Biden IS responsible for the crime bill and war on drugs?

This what genuinely confuses me and makes me call a big bullshit on this whole "America is racist" narrative. If racism is a real concern, how is that reconciled with backing a president with such a history of racism and policies that disproportionately impact minorities?

Wouldnt school choice be a real priority? Are you familiar at all with inner city schools and the illiteracy problem and how this just fuels crime?

In Detroit....kids will join gangs at the age of NINE.

When I see those of the left going off about what they want....I'm seeing people basically support allowing crime. No police. Using schools as politcal PLEASE ASS BOX ME! centers.

I dont see how tossing a black female body in a justice seat helps ANY of the problems plaguing poor minority communities, Admin. To me it looks like a complete thoughtless....perhaps even feckless....empty gesture to make it APPEAR like we are making some sort of "progress" when in reality, nothing changes. This isnt helping anyones life. It's not helping black mothers put their kids in better schools. It's not changing the fact that 4 black women die a day in inner city and domestic violence.

You genuinely think this is correcting "sins"? What sins? And how is this correcting anything?

It looks like crumbs tossed to pacify people. To make things LOOK a certain way. Its optics. And unless this is a good judge with a solid record of making decisions that honor the Constitution....its a dumb one.

I try really hard to understand you guys. You dont make it easy.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

Hope he gets charged.

Also if racism is a sin you think should be corrected......dont you think Biden should continue the criminal justice reforms started by Trump with the first step act? Since Biden IS responsible for the crime bill and war on drugs?

This what genuinely confuses me and makes me call a big bullshit on this whole "America is racist" narrative. If racism is a real concern, how is that reconciled with backing a president with such a history of racism and policies that disproportionately impact minorities?

Wouldnt school choice be a real priority? Are you familiar at all with inner city schools and the illiteracy problem and how this just fuels crime?

When I see those of the left going off about what they want....I'm seeing people basically support allowing crime. No police. Using schools as politcal PLEASE ASS BOX ME! centers.

I dont see how tossing a black female body in a justice seat helps ANY of the problems plaguing poor minority communities, Admin. To me it looks like a complete thoughtless....perhaps even feckless....empty gesture to make it APPEAR like we are making some sort of "progress" when in reality, nothing changes. This isnt helping anyones life. It's not helping black mothers put their kids in better schools. It's not changing the fact that 4 black women die a day in inner city and domestic violence.

You genuinely think this is correcting "sins"? What sins? And how is this correcting anything?

It looks like crumbs tossed to pacify people. To make things LOOK a certain way. Its optics. And unless this is a good judge with a solid record of making decisions that honor the Constitution....its a dumb one.

Hey Doll Face, waay too many words.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Hope he gets charged.

That's not THAT many.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

Hope he gets charged.

That's not THAT many.
We should should put people on the court with credentials in the Law. Good backgrounds in legal education, extra curricular activities and relevant job experience, for ex. how much court room experience, from either side of the Bar.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Hope he gets charged.

That's not THAT many.
We should should put people on the court with credentials in the Law. Good backgrounds in legal education, extra curricular activities and relevant job experience, for ex. how much court room experience, from either side of the Bar.

I agree with this. I also think we need to guard the SC from partisan activism on any side of politics.

Im not saying this new justice is an activists or unqualified. I havent even checked her out at all yet. I cant really have an opinion on her right now. I cant help that I have no confidence in Biden and this administration is legitimately scaring me.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

Hope he gets charged.

That's not THAT many.

I agree with this. I also think we need to guard the SC from partisan activism on any side of politics.

Im not saying this new justice is an activists or unqualified. I havent even checked her out at all yet. I cant really have an opinion on her right now. I cant help that I have no confidence in Biden and this administration is legitimately scaring me.
Agreed, but it has strayed far from that, exponentially during the Trump era.

OP
OP
1Holliday1

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned

Hope he gets charged.

...but what about the Platinum Plan?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Believe me I want to check this judge out and feel good about it and be happy for the first black female SC Justice. For the right reasons.....because shes a good one.

Let there be ONE thing done in these 4 years that can be a good thing.

I really dont care about left or right when it comes to justices because the position doesnt leave them much room for partisanship.

At this point I'll just be glad if Biden doesnt get us nuked lol. Just let us live. That's all he has to do....not get us killed lol.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Hope he gets charged.

...but what about the Platinum Plan?

What exactly is your problem with the platinum plan?

You are shitty because some people actually look at policies to decide how to vote? Should we all be voting based on irrational hatred of other Americans?

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
Believe me I want to check this judge out and feel good about it and be happy for the first black female SC Justice. For the right reasons.....because shes a good one.

I really dont care about left or right when it comes to justices because the position doesnt leave them much room for partisanship.

At this point I'll just be glad if Biden doesnt get us nuked lol. Just let us live. That's all he has to do....not get us killed lol.

She has already passed Bipartisan Senate Confirmations 3 times, what exactly are your doubts?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

She has already passed Bipartisan Senate Confirmations 3 times, what exactly are your doubts?

Admin I doubt everything our government. You guys call me a "con" but I've said I'm not. I'm not exactly any more confident in several of the Republicans in there either.

When you look at it....do you really think "bipartisan" means much?

And I do have to go check her out still. So far all I've seen is people who hate it because Biden did it and they believe its soley based on her color so theyve already judged it and then a bunch of people who are for it because of her color. I havent seen a thing about her history as a judge yet.

I'll go look. I havent had much time today outside of spitting out a few posts here and there.

Levon

Philosopher King
Site Supporter

You get no argument here from me. During my lifetime though, it's been hard to keep the Senate from politicizing the approval of nominees, especially considering that some presidents have made some pretty goofy choices. Reagan for instance nominated Clarence Thomasi who IMHO has turned out to be next to worthless, just because he was black and Reagan had to fill Thurgood Marshall's seat, the first black ever on the Court and well respected anyway. Reagan was a racist too, but he didn't have the balls to nominate a white person. At some point in the Sotomayer nomination Obama characterizedd her as a "wise Latina" which sure sounded like that was written on his crib sheet. That's silly too. And of course Amy Barrett has next to no qualifications for the seat but Trump wanted a "handmaiden" and McConnell delivered. Even more execrable than Kavanaugh.